Home

FIFA 18 trial is available now for EA Access subscribers

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 trial is available now for EA Access subscribers within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-21-2017, 11:02 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 trial is available now for EA Access subscribers

I assume a day one patch will fix some of the generic faces? Dembele doesn't have a real face! The third most expensive signing of all time.. And Dennis Suarez and Somedo also don't have real faces.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:13 AM   #34
Rookie

TheAwesomeGem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBFFH
I am seeing pass accuracy percentages in the 90s still. CPU teams still robotically ping the ball around on one touch passes, especially around your box. I have absolutely no idea where these new tactics like the "catenaccio" are supposed to be located or activated either. As far as I can tell, they are not actually present in the game.

Edit: I have checked high and low for any indication that these real life tactics are indeed in the game and they are not. I think I should also state that the custom player styles that were touted by EA are in no way assignable to players and there is no way to tell who has some type of special customization or not. Further, the number of generic faces on each team sheet is startling. The only players I've seen with new faces are Renato Sanchez and Charly Musonda. Given, I have not checked every player, but there are many generic faces even on top teams.

The new coat of paint on career mode looks great. There are now animated news sections and a wonderful addition called squad hub that gives a lot of information rich details about your squad while showing each player standing in his kit to the side. This combined with the brand new transfer system featuring sell on and release clauses at least gives the appearance of moving in the right direction. Unfortunately, it is still generic managers only. For some reason, the developers have seen fit to once again not allow me step into the shoes of Jose Mourinho, Pep Guardiola, Antonio Conte, or Juergen Klopp. Why this is still the case is baffling.
Looks really disappointing.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:24 AM   #35

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
If you're ABLE to create or edit players on this version, can someone please check and see if you can make a player a CM, now? Last year, we couldn't. We could only make CAMs or CDMs.
Nope, only CAM or CDM

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 11:34 AM   #36
Rookie

KTBFFH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAwesomeGem
Looks really disappointing.
I'll put it this way... I buy FIFA every year. I love the Premier League. I love to recreate the games I see on television. I will not be buying this game unless there is a serious overhaul through patching or intensive modding on the PC version. The few hours I have suffered through on the trial have opened my eyes to the direction this title is going and I don't want any part of it. Maybe it will be a different game after release and I sincerely hope so. But for now this is just a poor effort.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:47 AM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBFFH
I am seeing pass accuracy percentages in the 90s still. CPU teams still robotically ping the ball around on one touch passes, especially around your box. I have absolutely no idea where these new tactics like the "catenaccio" are supposed to be located or activated either. As far as I can tell, they are not actually present in the game.

Edit: I have checked high and low for any indication that these real life tactics are indeed in the game and they are not.
Thanks for the info. I guess no football (soccer) game for me this year. At least I will not preorder for sure.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-21-2017, 11:47 AM   #38
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
Nope, only CAM or CDM

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk
How did they manage to screw that up, again?!?!
#WeAreND
Old 09-21-2017, 11:51 AM   #39
Rookie

aparks87's Arena

OVR: 3

Anyone know if Pulisic has a face scan yet? Or is he generic? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:51 AM   #40
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

I consistently struggled with scoring goals against the CPU in Fifa 17 (and had to nerf the sliders to see results other than 1-0, 1-1). I really enjoyed the flow of Fifa 18 demo, since it seems a bit easier to get off good strikes.

Excited to get my hands on the game and will gauge it only on my personal enjoyment. Though I appreciate all the feedback so far!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »