Home

FIFA 18... 5 things that must be added to the game... no excuses EA.. pretty please

This is a discussion on FIFA 18... 5 things that must be added to the game... no excuses EA.. pretty please within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-12-2017, 12:06 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18: 5 realistic things that must be added, no excuses EA.. pretty please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveFBC
At the very least they should have some connection to their menu-faces and game faces...I found it incredibly annoying to have a supposed 'future star' with bald head in the menus but a full head of hair in-game. I mean c'mon, EA? Seriously??

Those are some of the laziness from FIFA I can't stand. I love doing the youth series in career mode, but they need to fix some of the youth academy issues. And they are easy fix.

How is it possible AI generated players don't have commentary names? Pure laziness. You already have a database of commentary names.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2017, 11:59 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: FIFA 18... 5 things that must be added to the game... no excuses EA.. pretty ple

Online career mode, would be a blast playing with friends.

Playing online coop in career mode.

Fully Customization in career mode. Madden have it

Longer career mode.

Better youth Academy, player still aren't growing in 1 season.

All different Commentary, I dont understand why I here in NA can't have German commentary when I play Bundesliga.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:37 AM   #27
Rookie

Re: FIFA 18: 5 realistic things that must be added, no excuses EA.. pretty please!

If EA is willing to put in the work and be creative they can monetize career mode. 2k has monetize NBA 2k career mode, EA did monetize NCAA 14. The idea that EA can only make more money in FUT is not true. Career mode is just too shallow to monetize as is.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:46 AM   #28
Rookie

lion575a's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevostl
there primary focus should always be all about online and making it even better... but show more attention to PRO CLUBS which is the best mode in sports video gaming history. They should not be giving FUT most attention always. PRO clubs and creating online leagues mode should get attention

People should be able to setup their own leagues online and use whatever slider set they wish.. whatever rosters... .
I totally disagree. The problem with many sports franchises is that is what they are focusing on (Online Play), that is exactly what is ruining Fifa and many other games.

What I want is focus on the Career/Franchise modes. That is the heart of the game. And if they apply the changes to both off and online Career modes, that would be good.
Old 04-16-2017, 02:11 AM   #29
Rookie

lion575a's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
Only way Konami will be a threat is if they have more licenses than EA. The only reason FIFA sells more is because of licenses that Konami lacks. We all know PES has superior gameplay but without official licenses it means squat to the casuals.
I think they are already a threat, and to increase that threat licensing is not going to help a ton. If a lot of suggestions were taken from this forum and applied to gameplay, I dont think many people would care if Manchester United was called Manchester Red ... and if they did it takes 10 minutes to download and install the Kit on PS4.

If they do want to get casuals via licensing, I guess the MLS would be the way to go (e.g. for kids in the US to play). For myself I could never get behind the MLS as a real league until they incorporated relegations and promotions and could care less if they are in a game or not.

What will help is improving their game play modes in areas Fifa neglects year after year and adding more leagues even if unlicensed.

If PES added in a serious Youth Program, Scouting System in Career Mode, additional leagues and tiers (like English 3rd and 4th leagues), and a handful of other options .... Fifa would have nothing left against PES except an arcady online mode that works better on lower speed internet than PES's MyClub.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:14 AM   #30
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

OVR: 2
Re: FIFA 18... 5 things that must be added to the game... no excuses EA.. pretty ple

the only thing EAs gonna do is keep raking in your money until someone gives them a reason to work......
Old 04-25-2017, 01:07 PM   #31
Rookie

I can't understand why in 2017, we are still having to play with Goalkeeper generic kits in league 2, league 1 and many other teams in other leagues. Are there actually technical difficulties that are keeping EA from assigning real Goalkeeper kits to all teams?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2017, 10:25 PM   #32
Rookie

SteveFBC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lion575a
I totally disagree. The problem with many sports franchises is that is what they are focusing on (Online Play), that is exactly what is ruining Fifa and many other games.

What I want is focus on the Career/Franchise modes. That is the heart of the game. And if they apply the changes to both off and online Career modes, that would be good.
I agree with your disagreement! Offline is fundamental to EA continually improving (or at least, attempting to improve) the AI.

Without better AI the game goes backwards. Focusing primarily on online modes would kill the game's AI completely in time.

I get the Pro Clubs argument, 11 vs 11 is fun (haven't played for a few years now however) but Career online would be a disaster if it became de rigour for the mode, as EA would not feel the need to make any significant improvements to the CPU AI as they force everyone onto the net for their CM fix, where the play would be FUT-esque - i.e. TERRIBLE.

Offline mode is of extreme importance to keeping the game's AI constantly improving, and that's where EA should be focused.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »