Home

Adaptive Difficulty

This is a discussion on Adaptive Difficulty within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-04-2016, 03:47 PM   #33
Rookie

room112's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Adaptive Difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodc
Hi!

Do those output numbers mean the decreased % in players ratings?

Did you find any similar rules to balance games between high rating teams against very low ones? I find it so ridiculous how every game between any team you choose always balances itself by boosting weaker players and lessen the stronger ones. Doesn't matter if you are playing a 5 star teams vs a 1 star.

I am trying to fight this issue (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-sliders.html) but until now without any success.

Cheers!
I was going to try and make the change below and see what happens. I'm hoping it disables the gameplay balancing that FIFA tries to do. We'll see.

[ADAPTIVE_DIFFICULTY]
Enabled = 0
Old 11-04-2016, 04:09 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthFall
Funny how player ratings also suddenly disappear. Alberto Moreno, 77 overall. Here I come rushing in with Bellerin and Walcott. Moreno runs behind and catches them, makes a miracle of a tackle to stop the ball and then steals it as both Bellerin and Walcott are too slow to react to the loose ball and rushes away with the ball. Both Bellerin and Walcott are too slow to catch Moreno before it's in my end, where Moreno dribbles through Bellerin and Walcott and Ramsey and Mustafi and passes to Sturridge who misses the net.

I mean what the peep Moreno you were supposed to tackle Walcott inside the box and give me a penalty as it went in RL. When did you become such a superstar
100% true. One of many EA tricks to add difficulty... Here's another one:

Everton (me) vs Yeovil, world class, default sliders. A simple short pass to a free teammate... He looks away and ignores the ball until it's too late... This happens dozens of times when you face a lower rated team.

It looks like at Professional these tricks (CPU cheats) are gone.

Last edited by ricardodc; 11-05-2016 at 05:16 AM.
Old 11-05-2016, 08:33 AM   #35
Rookie

Yep at Professional your teammates are smarter and play like you want them to play. I wish I could have that mixed with the difficulty of World Class.

Those missed passes are super annoying. Happens to me often as well and I got assisted passing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2016, 09:00 AM   #36
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
100% true. One of many EA tricks to add difficulty... Here's another one:

Everton (me) vs Yeovil, world class, default sliders. A simple short pass to a free teammate... He looks away and ignores the ball until it's too late... This happens dozens of times when you face a lower rated team.

It looks like at Professional these tricks (CPU cheats) are gone.
I actually kind of like that because too many times players react to passes that they shouldn't even see because of poor head-tracking. I'll try to upload a few videos of goals scored by the CPU where the player shouldn't have even seen the pass.

BUT I def understand what you're saying. There are a few times on manual passes where my pass is so wayward that makes me question if it's time for a new controller.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:15 AM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I actually kind of like that because too many times players react to passes that they shouldn't even see because of poor head-tracking. I'll try to upload a few videos of goals scored by the CPU where the player shouldn't have even seen the pass.

BUT I def understand what you're saying. There are a few times on manual passes where my pass is so wayward that makes me question if it's time for a new controller.
In my example, the thing that annoys me isn't the direction of the pass, but the freezing of the receiving player. Instead of immediately move to catch the ball, correctly passed in front of him, he ignores it. He just reacts to it when the ball is too far and going out of bounds. This kind if freezing happens all the time, in all kind of situations, allowing the CPU to balance a game that should be unbalanced. Adding to this, rebounds taking strange trajectories to fall into the CPU players, poor rated players performing like any word class player, etc. These "tricks" are all meant to make any game a stupid thriller.

Enviado do meu GT-I8190 através de Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2016, 10:39 AM   #38
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
In my example, the thing that annoys me isn't the direction of the pass, but the freezing of the receiving player. Instead of immediately move to catch the ball, correctly passed in front of him, he ignores it. He just reacts to it when the ball is too far and going out of bounds. This kind if freezing happens all the time, in all kind of situations, allowing the CPU to balance a game that should be unbalanced. Adding to this, rebounds taking strange trajectories to fall into the CPU players, poor rated players performing like any word class player, etc. These "tricks" are all meant to make any game a stupid thriller.

Ahhh..gotcha.

Yeah there are a lot of suspect things that go on as you move up in difficulty. I've def experienced the "pass and chase" you're talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2016, 11:03 AM   #39
Banned

guys... i don't know... really... this just looks like confirmation bias to me.

i mean, you believe ai teammates are dumber in higher difficulties, then every time they act dumb, you see this as a confirmation of your belief, even if they would probably act the same way in the same situation in a lower difficulty.

ricardo, i thought your example was poor. it was not an easy pass to receive, it was a bit too strong. if you expect your players to catch this pass 100% of the time, you're definitely expecting too much from them.
Old 11-05-2016, 01:04 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonira
guys... i don't know... really... this just looks like confirmation bias to me.

i mean, you believe ai teammates are dumber in higher difficulties, then every time they act dumb, you see this as a confirmation of your belief, even if they would probably act the same way in the same situation in a lower difficulty.

ricardo, i thought your example was poor. it was not an easy pass to receive, it was a bit too strong. if you expect your players to catch this pass 100% of the time, you're definitely expecting too much from them.
It was just one example (probably not the best looking one). I can record more if you want.

I don't expect the player to be successful in every situation. No way! I don't want perfection! But If you look carefully you can see how long it takes to the player to react to the pass. It artificial feezes and you can't do nothing to avoid it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »