Home

Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for ps3?

This is a discussion on Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for ps3? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-18-2021, 10:29 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for p

I have the copy of Bruteforce from this thread (Page 6 or 7. Sendspace.com or like that) . It worked on my old computer but won’t on my new one. I can’t get the files or Decrypt to show up instantly anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-18-2021, 12:06 PM   #74
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Re: Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for p

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugagsu
My old computer broke and I had to get a new one. Fortunately I had Bruteforce program saved on USB so I was able to just re-install it.

Unfortunately, when I select my file to edit, I can’t decrypt it until I select All Files, then Refresh. I am then able to decrypt. However, the editor won’t recognize it as an MC02 file, even though I add the extension.

I ordered a copy of the Xbox360 version and I should get it by January 30. In the meantime, I’ll keep trying Bruteforce. Any help I’d appreciate very much.

I can email you the copy of brute force I have. It has been working perfectly fine for me. Also, may want to try this. I was having the same issue with the DB Editor saying it wasn’t a MC02 file when I changed it. So instead I removed mc02 file and put it back to it originally file and tried and it loaded it without an issue.

Instead I open brute-force > select USB > select dynasty file > decrypt > open editor with config > open click on USER-DATA edit whatever I want > save > close and encrypt everything against and I’m done.

Old 01-18-2021, 12:11 PM   #75
Rookie

Thanks I’ll try that.

As for the email: [email protected]

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2021, 03:46 PM   #76
Rookie

So I should just not add the MC02 extension at all, or do I need to add it then remove it?

Old 01-18-2021, 03:50 PM   #77
Rookie

I have some other dynasty files that I don’t need to edit right now. I might proceed on them . I’ll try with my Bruteforce without the MC02 extension and see if that opens.

Again, thanks very much. I’ll get it going eventually. I went ahead and bought another XBOX360 disc too. I like having the game on both consoles.

Old 01-18-2021, 05:40 PM   #78
Rookie

I tried without the MC02 and it won’t open it.

Old 01-18-2021, 05:46 PM   #79
Rookie

This is what I have. Maybe if someone actually sees what I have they can help. I think I have a good copy . I’m probably doing something wrong but I have no idea what to do. I’ve tried everything I can think of. I’ll just go on playing the game and if someone can help I appreciate it very much.

I think I need to line up my correct userID and account ID and profile. My account ID is at the top , the one with a bunch of letters and numbers. I'm sure everyon'e is unique so mine is the "2534e...". I believe my user ID is 0000011 or something like that. Hope that helps.

I had it working on my old computer and it died on me this past weekend. Last time I got it to work, I found a version of Bruteforce, 4.74 and it worked instantly. I saved it to my USB and I thought I had the same one that I installed on here.

By the way, GSEAGLES001 is also my second account. I'm not going to keep bothering anyone on this. I'll keep trying stuff and maybe I get lucky.

Last edited by ugagsu; 01-18-2021 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-18-2021, 09:49 PM   #80
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
I tried without the MC02 and it won’t open it.

Quote:

This is what I have. Maybe if someone actually sees what I have they can help. I think I have a good copy . I’m probably doing something wrong but I have no idea what to do. I’ve tried everything I can think of. I’ll just go on playing the game and if someone can help I appreciate it very much.

I think I need to line up my correct userID and account ID and profile. My account ID is at the top , the one with a bunch of letters and numbers. I'm sure everyon'e is unique so mine is the "2534e...". I believe my user ID is 0000011 or something like that. Hope that helps.

I had it working on my old computer and it died on me this past weekend. Last time I got it to work, I found a version of Bruteforce, 4.74 and it worked instantly. I saved it to my USB and I thought I had the same one that I installed on here.

By the way, GSEAGLES001 is also my second account. I'm not going to keep bothering anyone on this. I'll keep trying stuff and maybe I get lucky.

Quote:
I have some other dynasty files that I don’t need to edit right now. I might proceed on them . I’ll try with my Bruteforce without the MC02 extension and see if that opens.

Again, thanks very much. I’ll get it going eventually. I went ahead and bought another XBOX360 disc too. I like having the game on both consoles.

If you wanna shoot me a PM I’ll try my best to help you out. Maybe it’s the editor or usb possibly. Could be a lot of things. I can email you everything I use to edit as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »