Home

Had to go back to NCAA ‘12

This is a discussion on Had to go back to NCAA ‘12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-25-2019, 08:53 AM   #25
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Had to go back to NCAA ‘12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassChaos
What sliders have you been using since going back? I've been thinking about switching back as well. I think I can deal with the LBs over beating Alabama as a Sun Belt team.
I kept it on Heisman and default sliders. Since passing was near impossible for me as the worst rated offense I could find, I was actually thinking of backing off on the CPU pass defense slider. But I decided against it as I love the realism of needing to recruit better players to win.

And it’s also teaching me how to learn a true offense again, unlike ‘14 where a handful of plays will blow out any CPU team. So I’m studying the Air Raid, using my entire playbook (no more custom cheese), and my passing game is getting much better. Can’t wait to get my system guys recruited and start winning more games!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2019, 11:08 AM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wepr3
12 was good, but I couldn't get past those LBs. I go back and forth between 11 and 14. IMO, 11 is the best game to play, but it's missing the current the current college trends with the read option. 14 is a lot of fun, but it drives me insane that you cannot complete long passes over the DB. Even with roster editing, there's no way to fix that velocity.

I appreciate the OPs passion for 12, I am going to pick it up again just to have the entire NCAA library.
Gus Malzahn was the Auburn OC in the 11 version of the game. His offense has always used the read option and it seems like i remember running the read with Cam Newton on 11. You sure its missing from the game? I may have to dust that baby off and see. I have a hard time believing its not in the game. It may not be accessible to every playbook, but im almost certain you can use the read if you use Auburns playbook.
Old 07-26-2019, 12:31 PM   #27
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Can you swap teams in the confreres in 12 like you can with 14? I forgot?
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 07-26-2019, 01:14 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalBoyle78
Can you swap teams in the confreres in 12 like you can with 14? I forgot?
Yes, it has custom conferences. Still has the good old BIG East and WAC.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:57 PM   #29
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
Yes, it has custom conferences. Still has the good old BIG East and WAC.
I couldn't remember, so I can changes teams fully to the currents conferences like the are in real life. Ala NCAA 14?
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 07-26-2019, 04:18 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalBoyle78
I couldn't remember, so I can changes teams fully to the currents conferences like the are in real life. Ala NCAA 14?
No, like I said, the old conferences are in '12 - BIG East instead of American & the WAC hadn't dropped sponsorship of football yet, so it is still in the game. I have no idea if any of the editors work on '12. If so, you might be able to change the name of BIG East to American, but I don't think you would be able to change the structure of the game by removing the WAC. That's not even possible on '14; changing the number of conferences.
Old 07-26-2019, 04:49 PM   #31
Rookie

The EA Editor should work on NCAA 12. If it doesn't, try a different Config file.

The Dynasty Editor might work as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2019, 06:43 PM   #32
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburn2eugene
Gus Malzahn was the Auburn OC in the 11 version of the game. His offense has always used the read option and it seems like i remember running the read with Cam Newton on 11. You sure its missing from the game? I may have to dust that baby off and see. I have a hard time believing its not in the game. It may not be accessible to every playbook, but im almost certain you can use the read if you use Auburns playbook.
The read option IS in the game, but it doesn’t really work at all. If the DE chases the RB and you go for the QB keeper, there are usually two other defenders right there ready to tackle you. QBs also don’t take off as fast as RBs, even if they’re rated the same. That’s my only gripe with ‘12. I really wanted to run the spread option game. But, if anyone else has figured out a way to get it to work, let me know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »