Home

Just got my EA Sports class action lawsuit settlement check

This is a discussion on Just got my EA Sports class action lawsuit settlement check within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Just got my EA Sports class action lawsuit settlement check

I remember filling out the forms or whatever online a couple years ago. I also remember there being a website that kept us up to date about the pending lawsuit. Were we able to check and see that we did indeed file the claim on there, and what was the website, I had it bookmarked but that computer was subsequently stolen in January 2012 by a couple of nitwit former students of mine.

Are we able to see what the status of our claim may or may not be on some website?
Old 11-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #50
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies67
Are you a lawyer or something?
How can this be price-gouging? Most other competitor video games - including sports games - are set at the same exact price - $59.99
Nope. Never claimed to be. And neither are you. Allegations of this type are almost always taken seriously. As such, they are not considered "frivolous."

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #51
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
Nope. Never claimed to be. And neither are you.
I didn't mean that in a sarcastic tone, sorry. I actually wondered if you were a lawyer because of the way you spoke about the issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #52
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattynokes
It's a price gouge no matter if other games go for the same or less if their product is inferior. Other game companies don't have a problem with turning out a quality game for $60 or $50, yet EA is notorious for not coming through with their promises. You keep selling broken products to people and this can happen. If the courts truly thought the lawsuit was frivolous, EA would've won.
It's not price-gouging. Price gouging is pricing above the market price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattynokes
After 9/11 no one was twisting people's arms to go out and stock up on gasoline, yet it happened. Some stations in my area were charging $7+ a gallon. They got sued for price gouging. They lost.
Gasoline is a necessary commodity. An NCAA video game is not. No one makes you buy NCAA video games.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #53
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
It's not price-gouging. Price gouging is pricing above the market price.
It is mainly thought as above the market price, correct. But it can also be simply above what it considered reasonable or fair.

Quote:
Gasoline is a necessary commodity. An NCAA video game is not. No one makes you buy NCAA video games.
My point is, no one made those people pull into that specific gas station. People were led to believe they needed to buy the gas in case prices skyrocketed. Just like we were led to believe an exclusive product would be worth the $50 or $60.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #54
Rookie

Vizen's Arena

OVR: 6

Smitty, here is the site:
http://www.easportslitigation.com/Home/ContactUs
Old 11-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #55
Rookie

nosaints26's Arena

OVR: 3

I vaguely remember signing up for this thing. Is there a way to know (like a confirmation email) if I did sign up or not?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #56
Rookie

Thanks Vizen, I remember frequenting that site while the litigation was going on, but I hadn't been on it for over a year, so I was wondering if I should have done something else, or if I did enough. I remember feeling guilty filling this stuff out because no one forced me to buy the games, and yet I kept buying the different years' versions even after filling this out. I will check with them, I'm sure they are inundated with e-mails right now, but what the heck.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »