Home

Brendan's Conference Realignment Guide

This is a discussion on Brendan's Conference Realignment Guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2023, 02:12 PM   #281
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Brendan's Conference Realignment Guide

Sorry, not sure where to post this question. Where can I find the 2023 schedule file that I need to import so I can update to this years NCAA schedule? Is it on Discord? If so, how do I find it on Discord?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2023, 12:28 PM   #282
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can these edits be made any time in a dynasty file, or do they have to be put in place before you start a dynasty?.. for example would I be able to use these editing files to fix conference realignment, bowl game tie-ins and the college football playoff in a current dynasty I have?
Old 10-23-2023, 05:50 AM   #283
Pro

bwburke94's Arena

OVR: 4

NCAA 14 does not support a playoff. That's a separate mod.
Old 10-26-2023, 08:40 PM   #284
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
I believe you also need to change the division IDs, which is going to be under DGID.
That worked for the most part. Now the computer generated schedules don't schedule any conference games for a handful of schools. Last season I noticed it happened in the ACC to 1 school. I was assuming it was because the conference is over 16 schools, but it also happened to Texas in the 16-team SEC.

Not sure what to change for that, or if it was just a glitch.
Old 12-14-2023, 09:12 PM   #285
Rookie

Stele's Arena

Nice tips about the editor. But I assume it's just going to break things, like generated schedules. I guess there's schedule imports but between Revamped and the added in teams, it's hard to match up. Starting to think it's not worth all the extra work to try to replicate the real conferences after next season.

Think maybe it's time to look at someone's regional conference suggestions and just go with it. The real world is too greedy, this game is supposed to be fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2024, 04:06 AM   #286
Pro

bwburke94's Arena

OVR: 4

I know most of you don't really care about the MAC, but does it make sense to switch Bowling Green to the West and Ball State to the East (protecting Akron/BGSU and Ball/NIU) in order to mimic their new scheduling pods?

(This is not an indication that I'll be updating the guide any time soon, because with conferences going beyond 16 teams and the new game on the horizon, there's little to no point.)
Old 01-26-2024, 10:50 PM   #287
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94
I know most of you don't really care about the MAC, but does it make sense to switch Bowling Green to the West and Ball State to the East (protecting Akron/BGSU and Ball/NIU) in order to mimic their new scheduling pods?

(This is not an indication that I'll be updating the guide any time soon, because with conferences going beyond 16 teams and the new game on the horizon, there's little to no point.)

For those not familiar, here are the scheduling pods:
Akron, Buffalo, Kent State
Ball State, Miami U, Ohio
Bowling Green, Northern Illinois, Toledo
Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Western Michigan

I'd probably flip Ball State - Bowling Green just to keep the pods together. It won't match the future schedules exactly, but its the closest thing to it without using the editor.
Old 02-16-2024, 06:38 PM   #288
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stele
Nice tips about the editor. But I assume it's just going to break things, like generated schedules. I guess there's schedule imports but between Revamped and the added in teams, it's hard to match up. Starting to think it's not worth all the extra work to try to replicate the real conferences after next season.

Think maybe it's time to look at someone's regional conference suggestions and just go with it. The real world is too greedy, this game is supposed to be fun.
All hope is not lost. Over in the CFBR Discord a guy going by steelersd26 created a tool that will let you have an 18 team B1G and a 17 team ACC in the game. He's also created realistic schedules for that realignment going to the end of the decade.

Here's the link to the Drive folder holding his tool and schedules: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...rb?usp=sharing

Here's the link to the Discord channel where he provides updates whenever he drops a new schedule and where you can get help if you're confused about the process: https://discord.com/channels/7077870...78365805793345

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »