Home

Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #33
MVP

weeeeeeez's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14)

Weeks 8-10 seem to be the sweet spot for me so far.
Chelsea FC
Old 07-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #34
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

Feel free to contact me PM for more recruiting tips. Threads are to stretched out to give out good advice. I'll answer any messages about recruiting to me.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #35
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Typing from a phone, forgive me

Summary of year one with one star la tech and level one created coach. Played first 3 games, simmed the rest

Two of my top 3 prospects were o linemen. I started number one but I was slightly behind in week 2. I ended up scheduling a visit early in week 6 and it bumped me ahead, I got up to 700 ahead but I couldn't get a commit, they visited the other school in week 11 and I lost em

My top prospect, a guard, had a similar deal but I didn't need to visit with him so early, I did it as a panick move and it cost me. I was up 1000 heading into his other visit in week 11 and I was barely able to hang on.

I waited until weeks 8 and 10 for my other 10 original targets and I got 7 commits from them right on the visit. Guys i started targeting later than preseason came in week 11 and a bunch committed

In week 13 a guy I thought I had I'm the bag was stolen by cal . He's from ca and I think cal had one theirs stolen so that's why they shifted focus, I just didn't pay attention to my lead disappearing or I would have upped his points.

A
Simmed thru the year, only had 4 guys I targetted stolen from me and I was trying to sign as many as possible just to see

Team went 7-5, bowl against NIU, kept simming, won. Coach ended up level 5

Got offered a HC job at Hawaii, DC job at Ohio state, OC job at Ohio State, DC at Florida, OC and DC at Texas, OC at A&M and Braska, a bunch more were up and I was getting non stop offers so I declined them all and moved on to offseason recruiting. Basically, if you have a good first year as a HC you will get coordinator offers from almost anywhere you want first year

72 LE from Arkansas transferred to Tech

Off season I poured in 5000 points to a guy I was behind all year and stole him. Not sure how I feel about no limit to off season recruiting points.

Ended up with 53rd best glass, 16 3 star guys 6 two star guys and 1 one star.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 07-06-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2013, 11:25 PM   #36
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
Just as an update, in 2016 as Texas State I did end up with the number one class.

3 - 5*
10 - 4*
10 - 3*
1 - 1* (FB)

*sigh* Time to go back to house rules.
Well that's disappointing....

At least we can mitigate the issue with house rules. I'd rather it be too easy and implement house rules, rather than be unmanageablely too difficult.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 07-06-2013, 11:32 PM   #37
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
Just as an update, in 2016 as Texas State I did end up with the number one class.

3 - 5*
10 - 4*
10 - 3*
1 - 1* (FB)

*sigh* Time to go back to house rules.
Yeah, just had the #17 class with 1* UTSA. Signed six 4* recruits, all well into the 70's. There are just far too many great recruits who go completely unrecruited by the CPU. It is once again my biggest frustration with the game.

Correction: I was a 2 star. Still too good of a class and the only reason I got those four stars was I was the only one recruiting them.

Last edited by Strategizer; 07-06-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:44 PM   #38
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
For those having recruiting success, what is your record and how are you performing offensively and defensively. Also, how is your pro potential?

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 07-06-2013, 11:54 PM   #39
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
For those having recruiting success, what is your record and how are you performing offensively and defensively. Also, how is your pro potential?
Those things have little to do with my success. As the season progresses, you can view the recruit list and see who isn't being recruited. I focused on 4*'s who were below 30% locked several weeks into the season. For most of these guys, the bonus points were less than 100 for me, but it didn't matter because no one else was recruiting them. This is how it was last year as well.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #40
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
Well that's disappointing....

At least we can mitigate the issue with house rules. I'd rather it be too easy and implement house rules, rather than be unmanageablely too difficult.
This is a fair point. I re-started a Mizzou dynasty last night and got a few weeks in. I used the following house rules, which I felt were sensible and realistic: anyone who has me in their top ten to start is fair game; the only non-interested 5 stars I can add have to be from Missouri; the only non-interested 4 stars have to be from Texas; I can recruit three stars from anywhere. After a few weeks of this, I'm already seeing a huge difference in terms of getting into battles or going after guys I can tell I won't have a chance with. It isn't the ideal scenario, but it works for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »