Home

How is your dynasty going

This is a discussion on How is your dynasty going within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-09-2013, 01:32 AM   #57
Pro

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponz248
Im not 100% sure but you could just create a team via team builder and make them really really bad and go from there.
That's an option, however I was hoping to do an already created team. Thanks though!
Old 07-09-2013, 01:55 AM   #58
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: How is your dynasty going

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskinsfan26
That's an option, however I was hoping to do an already created team. Thanks though!
Most likely Georgia state or UMass. Low rated, and both need heavy recruiting the first season. UMass all defense. They both also have very low rated pitches.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:47 AM   #59
Rookie

jjbreez90's Arena

OVR: 4

Cannot wait to pick the game up after work tomorrow... I plan on posting in this topic again this year. Always fun to see how everyone is doing in their Dynasties.

Going to be the OC at UNLV since I reside in Vegas... or an OC at a terrible west coast school that has a new OC this year (I like to try and take a job that was vacant in real life... adds to the atmosphere for me )
Old 07-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #60
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

Last night before season ticket expired I played a few more games with UMass.

Got destroyed by #19 Kansas St. 48-16. Which was then followed up by a loss to Vandy 31-17. Bringing the record to 1-3.
Then I played the MAC opener against BGSU. Ended up winning 24-7. Best game of the season for us so far. Ended up chewing up most the clock with our run game. Had over 250 yards on the ground, and TOP was in our favor by 70%. (don't remember exact stats, and can't grab them until I get the game later today). So now 2-3 (1-0). Next game is Miami U at home. Looking to go for two in a row and go up 2-0 in MAC play.

Still running the spread option, but running more dual running back sets now. I also might start implementing some no huddle more.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 2

any word on a site for OD?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 09:59 PM   #62
Rookie

I'm doing a two team heisman teambuilder dynasty with my friend. I just thought I'd post a little exert on my upcoming season.

Team: Iditarod State Malamutes (Alaska)
Coach: James White
Offense: Option Run
Defense: 4-3
Contract: 5 years, goal of 5 wins a year.

Overall: 41
Offense:37
Defense:45

Impact players:
LG Anthony Howell Fr 69 Ovr (Very excited about this guy)
CB Clay Frazier Sr 62 Ovr
HB Gerald Dockery 57 Ovr

Recruiting needs:

I have about 30-35 needs as my team is chalked full of seniors besides a few players.

I was unaware that recruiting would be much more difficult this year. All pitches except for athletic facilities are D- and there are only 2 recruits in Alaska.

Weekly Recruiting news:

Pre-Season - added a lot of 1* and 2* star players and few 3* sparingly. I put an emphasis on QB, HB, P, K, FS, FB as I feel those are dire needs. There is a need for every position but there are no returning players in those. There are a few other positions with no returning players but I have a player or two I can change positions.

Schedule

Week 1 @ #1 Alabama L 10-49
Week 2 @ #6 Oregon L 7-57
Week 3 @ #3 Stanford L 7-38
Week 4 @ UMass L 25-35
week 5 @ #24 NIU L 17-24 2OT
week 6 NMSU W 27-10
Week 7 @Idaho
Week 8 BYE
Week 9 Memphis
Week 10 BYE
Week 11 @#3 OSU
Week 12 FCS NW
Week 13 SDAT (other teambuilder team besides me and friend)
Week 14 FCS MW
Week 15 BYE

Week 1 Recap
Score
#1 Alabama (1-0) vs Iditarod State (0-1)
49 10

ISU player of game - QB D. Livingston
6-9 36 yds, 13 carries 31 yards

Summary:
We were obviously overmatched from the start. We did not manage to hold Alabama to even a 3rd down conversion. Alabama threw my players around like rag dolls on both offense and defense. We had 39 rushes for 184 yards, but could only churn out 36 passing yards. Alabama's QB went 8-8 for 160 yards and 3 touchdowns while their HB Yeldon ran 13 attempts for 243 yards and 4 TD's.

Recruiting news:
None

Week 2 Recap
#5 Oregon (2-0) vs Iditarod State (0-2)
7 57

ISU player of the game- WR L. Brown
1 rec, 82 yards

Summary:
Deanthony Thomas tore us up with 18 carries for 243 yards and 7 TD's. Our running game was stagnant, we only managed to eek out 59 yards on 38 carries. QB threw 3-5 for 89 yards, 1 TD and 1 int.

Recruiting news:
Offered 2* WR Jeremy Lopez

Week 3 Recap
#10 Stanford (2-1) vs Iditarod State (0-3)
38 7

Iditarod State player of the game-HB Nate Thomas
11 carries 49 yards, 1 Rec 2 yds

Game Summary:
I thought our defense was alright this game. We have not forced a punt yet this year and I was hoping that would change this game. We held Stanford to a 4th and 7 from their own 40 and for some reason I decided to do a punt block. Stanford did a fake punt pass, so alas, I still have not forced a punt this year. We did hold Stanford to a field goal one drive and managed to intercept the ball (my controller dced right after the interception and instead of it being a pick 6 my guy ran around in circles...). It was a horrific game from an offensive standpoint. I like to use my fullback but he is just so terrible that I need to quit going to him. Livingston threw 2-4 for 6 yards and threw an interception on the last play of the game.

Recruiting news:
Offer to 3* WR Tim Murray
Offer to 3* CB Shannon Cooley

Week 4 Recap
Umass (1-3) vs Iditarod State (0-4)
35 25

Iditarod State player of game - QB D Livingston
5-11 for 93 yards, 18 carries for 93 yards. 2 total TDs.

Game Summary:
We started off the game by allowing a huge return and a TD within the first minute. Once we regained some composure I was feeling pretty confident. We rushed for 256 yards and it was pretty even between my QB and 2 HB's. Unfortunately, my starting HB was injured late in the 2nd. We had a 17-7 lead midway through the 3rd quarter. UMass stopped us one drive and scored a few plays later. We were held again and had to punt it. On a 3rd and long a UMASS player managed to get behind my defenders and score a TD to take the lead. The next possession we fumbled at our 15 yard line. It was good to have some semblance to an offense for once. This was one of the easiest games on the schedule. Does anyone know if you can get fired in your first year on here?

Recruiting news:
Offer to 2* QB Bryan Thomas
Offer to 3* FS Lance Smith
Offer to 2* P Carl Callahan

Week 5 Recap

#20 NIU (4-0) vs Iditarod State (0-5)
24 - 17 2OT

Game Summary:
I was glad that we were able to compete with NIU but it was a bad way to lose. We were down 10-3 midway through the 4th quarter at NIU's 22 yard line and threw a TD to tie it up, or so I thought... The play was called back because of an offensive pass interference call, on my CENTER. It was nowhere near the play so I never noticed it. The penalty took me out of field goal range and I ended up turning it over on downs. I managed to hold NIU and I got the ball back at around my 25 with a minute left. It was a nerve-wracking drive to say the least. My QB managed to scamper into the end-zone with 6 seconds left and no time outs. This was it, this was my opportunity to go for two and have a chance at not only winning my first game, but beat a ranked team. Right before I snapped the ball my Guard jumped and we were backed up 5 yards. At that point, I decided to kick the PAT. NIU won the toss and elected to play defense first. Within a few plays, we had scored a touchdown. The ensuing possession we held NIU to a 4th and 7, I could feel the game in my grasp. NIU threw a touchdown on that 4th down play to tie the game back up. We held them to a 3rd and 5 when they got the ball back for the second time, and they threw a TD that play as well. We failed to convert in our final possession. It was particularly frustrating because I had a wide open guide drop a pass in the end zone on 3rd down that drive.

Week 6 recap
Iditarod State (1-5) vs NMSU (1-5)

Iditarod State player of the game: QB D. Livingstone
6-7 for 54 yards, 13 carries 181 yards.

Game Summary:
It felt awesome to finally get a win. We maintained at least a TD lead all game but I didn't really feel comfortable until we punched a TD in with 2:30 minutes left to make it a 3 score game. This was a great way to begin our program's first home game. My 2 halfbacks had 75 yards a piece on about 13 carries each. Ultimately we ended up tallying 345 rushing yards and 399 total yards for the game.

Recruiting News:
(Hard to keep track of due to OD server problems, made some visits and offered a few more scholarships though)

2* WR J Lopez commits (first ever signee!)

Last edited by N.C.State; 07-11-2013 at 03:48 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:46 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 0

As my first year, I'm a head coach for a created team called the Mississippi Braves. We're running a 4-3 defense and running the flexbone option along with the A set on hiesman.

Game 1 We opened up the season against our biggest rival, Southern Miss. It looked like we had the game in the bag going into the 4th quarter with the game at 21-7. But then after a 56 yard fumble recover for a touchdown by Southern Miss they were right back in it. After a quick three and out, Southern Miss was gaining momentum, they marched down the field with a 76 yard drive in 3 minutes and scored a TD. With time being an issue I tried to break away from the triple option and run a pistol hurry up, it ended up being a bad idea as I threw a Pick six with one minute left to go. But when I get the ball back on the assuing kick off, we march down the field, this time being flawless and scoring a last second touchdown to send the game into OT. We forced a three and out and then set up a game winning field goal! Final score 31-28!

Game 2 Was vs LSU, as you would imagine we got crushed 34-7. But it didnt get ugly until the 4th quarter. Going into the 4th it was 21-7 and then mistakes killed us.

Game 3 We will open up conference play against Chattanooga, even though it's early in the season this will be a big game for deciding who will win the sunbelt. This game is TBD.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:00 AM   #64
Pro

pjmoore 28's Arena

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.C.State
I'm doing a two team heisman teambuilder dynasty with my friend. I just thought I'd post a little exert on my upcoming season.

Team: Iditarod State Malamutes (Alaska)
Coach: James White
Offense: Option Run
Defense: 4-3
Contract: 5 years, goal of 5 wins a year.

Overall: 41
Offense:37
Defense:45

Impact players:
LG Anthony Howell Fr 69 Ovr (Very excited about this guy)
CB Clay Frazier Sr 62 Ovr
HB Gerald Dockery 57 Ovr
I wonder what side of the line you are running more towards?? Lol.

Also with your Oregon game being 38 carries and not much in return, could an offensive change potentially be in order? The Alaskan Press wants to know??

Check out my Podcast here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »