Home

85 Man Roster Question

This is a discussion on 85 Man Roster Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #9
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan1993
This isn't the response you are looking for, but just throwing my two cents out there. I don't see how the space issue is reasonable. In NCAA 2005 all Division l-A schools were included in the game along with more than 70 l-AA schools

So 2005 = 116+70= 186 teams * 69 players each = 12834
So 2012 = 123 * 85 = 10455

So approximately 2000 less players on the PS3/360 than was on the PS2/Xbox and the excuse is not enough space?

Sorry, but that doesn't make sense to me. If there is another reason, I would love to hear it.
Were rosters holding more than 55 players in '05? I'm positive rosters were only 54 or 55 players in '04, but I can't recall when they expanded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #10
Banned

SafetyGreen's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 85 Man Roster Question

This issue is the least of my concerns.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #11
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

I don't think your going to get an official response and all of the ones in here seem plausible. People that don't know anything about programming look at it simplistically and say x+y should equal z. There are so many other factors.

As was stated earlier:

• The graphics alone are much more detailed now which uses a greater % of disc space.
  • The players are more detailed in options and ratings now giving them a larger memory footprint.
  • The roster are larger now than they were in 05 and the FCS school were separated in their own roster file.
  • The stadiums are much more detailed as is the lighting and other effects all requiring more disc space.
  • There are things like Road to Glory, Custom Stadium Sounds, Online Play, etc now that all effect disc space as well.
I've been plenty critical of EA but this is one thing I will give them a pass on. Besides, there are much more pressing issues than roster size.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Honestly i'd rather they just spend more time on gameplay and some of the player ratings.

It's not a big deal to me to have 85 man rosters because seriously how many people give a crap about the 85th man on Buffalo's roster?

People complain about tendencies and ratings already why risk having 85 man rosters to screw up even more.

This debate gets old every year because i doubt that many people would even care outside of their team which isn't enough to justify adding 2000+ new roster spots for the entire game.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #13
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

it probably has more to do with reprogramming certain aspects of dynasty than disk or memory space, those are a part of the issue. But recruiting in dynasty is programed based on the max roster size now. if it was upped they would have to reprogram the entire recruiting AI and re-balance the entire recruiting process. that isnt a small fix.

when you talk about anything being added you also have to look at what other areas of the game that would be effected by the addition. that is also the main reason that there are bugs in games, you add a feature and it has unexpected effects on other areas of the game.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:48 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 13

To me that just sounds like more excuses. This gen has been around for 7 years and still the people for 7 years have asked for 85 man roster. This gen has been atrocious since it came out.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 05-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #15
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

As much as I'd like to see 85 man rosters I just don't think it will come this gen. As a matter of fact it may not come next gen with EA if they take shortcuts when introducing that game to the PS4/XBox720.

It has to come from someone inside developing the game from the get go. There has to be 85 man rosters because that's what NCAA football teams have. 85 man rosters. No excuses. I actually think it would be an incredible add on to the game to have deeper teams up and down the roster full of up and comers.

I buy the whole reprogramming thing. It seems like anything corrected this gen has broken something else. I'm not even a fan of them even trying it this gen. They've been so lost this gen.

Like I said before, if they don't go right after 85 man rosters out of the box for the next gen of consoles the same thing will happen. They'll start working on other segments of the game until they're so wrapped up 5 years in that roster size would be an afterthought.

I like the game but pretty much everything this gen started on broken ground, from gameplay, to dynasty and on down the line. They need to take better steps to prepare themselves for the future and a more solid foundation. Homes can't be built on crooked foundations and stripped property. Everything will settle and sink. Kind of like this game I've been spending my money on for the past 6 years.

Last edited by steelersfan77; 05-09-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #16
MVP

weeeeeeez's Arena

OVR: 3

As I've said in other threads I see a potential issue coming with NCAA 13. In that screenshot with Oregon there were like 7 or 8 players transferring. IF that is consistent then the 70 man roster depth is going to be an issue.
Chelsea FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »