Home

I love this game but recruiting doesnt make any damn sense....

This is a discussion on I love this game but recruiting doesnt make any damn sense.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #9
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: I love this game but recruiting doesnt make any damn sense....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Preach brother preach! Couple that with knocking off 500 points by comparing schools and you still don't move. I'm behind by one I gain 600 and knock off 400 how the he'll did they get a perfect 1001 in their call????? Unfair.

On a side note, is it me of does Alabama steal eveybodies recruits??? I hate them in the game. They win every championship and get every recruit. Makes me sick! (in JR WWE voice lol)
Sounds like Ohio State. They have won the last 2 NC titles, 3 straight BigTen titles, and always have a top 5 recruiting class. I use Indiana so I play them and recruit against them regulary. I've actually signed players that Ohio State offered a scholarship too.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #10

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

How fun would the game be if recruiting went strictly by the math? I like the randomness factor built in it. Sometimes it works in the user's favor, but we don't notice it.

Just use your imagination; Kids in real life make perplexing decisions every year on signing day.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 01-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #11
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Let me try to explain what -1 is

Two different situations you will see -1.

- LESS than a full bar..... During the season, when comparing your team to another team, the game rounds any point total (in this case point difference between your team and the other team) to 20. It will show you're 20 points down, 40 points down, 120 points down... etc... UNLESS you're within 20 points. If you are down less than 20 points, it says -1 instead of calling it even or saying 0.

- FULL BAR - If more than one team has reached "full bar" status on a player, every team below the leading team will show -1. I think that the team that had a 700-point lead before both teams filled up the bar still has a sizable lead. Is it 700 points of a lead? I don't know. All I know is the only time I've ever lost a player while up by +1 is if it was close going into that situation. Like if I was up by 100 points, when I got the bar filled, then they filled it up, and now it's really close and he could pretty much go anywhere in that situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quite often I'll see sizable leads I've got over the 2nd school decrease or disappear ("-1") when a recruit lists me as his soft commit. Is there some explanation for this?
My current board has two soft-commits that saw my lead drop from +420 for one while the other (see this much more often) dropped all the way down to +1.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:27 PM   #13
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGswim
Quite often I'll see sizable leads I've got over the 2nd school decrease or disappear ("-1") when a recruit lists me as his soft commit. Is there some explanation for this?
My current board has two soft-commits that saw my lead drop from +420 for one while the other (see this much more often) dropped all the way down to +1.

See my post above. Once you get to the "full bar" status you will not see your lead increase any more. You have accumulated all the required points to fill his bar etc. And as they get to full bar they will then be -1. IMO if you had a 420 point lead recently you will be o.k. but just to be safe keep plugging. If it was close before they filled the bar then you might be in trouble.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
See my post above. Once you get to the "full bar" status you will not see your lead increase any more. You have accumulated all the required points to fill his bar etc. And as they get to full bar they will then be -1. IMO if you had a 420 point lead recently you will be o.k. but just to be safe keep plugging. If it was close before they filled the bar then you might be in trouble.
I get ya, now. You weren't confusing, I just wasn't understanding the concept (full bar) you were describing. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:06 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrongway221
Good to see I'm not the only one who hates the Tide for this reason.
I truly hate this team. For 2nd time in 3 years they ruined my national championship dreams. It's season 8 and they are loaded again after 2 down years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #16
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

OVR: 5

What difficulty do u have recruiting on? Just like with gameplay the CPU gets a little extra help. We play our od on Heisman (w/sliders) but use all American recruiting and I got the #2 qb away from a 3 straight year top 5, 6* Bama team with a 4* UNC, and a 5* wr that had Bama and uf 1 and 2 to start the year but I offered and got him in for an early visit and built a big lead before they went after him hard

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »