Home

"Jump The Snap"

This is a discussion on "Jump The Snap" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-16-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
"Jump The Snap"

What is the deal with "Jump The Snap"?

The CPU seems to do this to me all the time. I try to use the fake snap idea to offset the CPU defense ... but that mostly makes my OL go offside. Does the CPU defense have some type of advantage when they have "jumped the snap"? My running game is pretty lousy already - I cannot afford to give the CPU another advantage.

And is there any reliable way that I can use "jump the snap" in my favor when I am on defense?

The manual says that "LT" is my "Jump The Snap" button. Any advice on how I should try to time this? Should I only pull the LT? Should I also continue to control my DL player?

---

And while I am here - does the "swim" (LB) or "power move" (RB) button actually do anything? What is the correct timing with these? Is there anything I can do to get my DLineman off his block so he can make a play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2008, 05:31 PM   #2
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: "Jump The Snap"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
What is the deal with "Jump The Snap"?

The CPU seems to do this to me all the time. I try to use the fake snap idea to offset the CPU defense ... but that mostly makes my OL go offside. Does the CPU defense have some type of advantage when they have "jumped the snap"? My running game is pretty lousy already - I cannot afford to give the CPU another advantage.

And is there any reliable way that I can use "jump the snap" in my favor when I am on defense?

The manual says that "LT" is my "Jump The Snap" button. Any advice on how I should try to time this? Should I only pull the LT? Should I also continue to control my DL player?

---

And while I am here - does the "swim" (LB) or "power move" (RB) button actually do anything? What is the correct timing with these? Is there anything I can do to get my DLineman off his block so he can make a play?
-Turn false start down to 40 and offsides up to 95. Worked for me. -I only jump the snap when the cpu is in shotgun because the QB raises his leg before the snap. He also wil send a man in motion by doin this so be careful.
-Personally, I say unless your lineman's skill move is higher than that particular OL's blocking ability then you have no chance in hell. On Heisman anyway.

Scenario:
-Andre Smith in his Senior year has 99s in both blocking attributes. I slid my line so Dunlap would be in front of him, jumped the snap and everything and still got layed on my butt.
-Junior LT from FSU with 81 run block and 89 footwork vs Dunlap with 88 finesse and 89 speed. I jump the snap and leave him in the dust, force a fumble, scoop it and score.

I have many other scenarios. Those two just happened yesterday though

Old 11-16-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
Pro

Gamecock's Arena

OVR: 9

Whenever you jump the snap or have the snap jumped on you the player who jumps it is amazingly quicker than he was before.

Anyone notice that?

I can't even run a play action without having to try and get from the pocket because of such.

Being a lazy gamer is one thing but being lazy at gaming is another.
On ODogg's and Stewaat's insincere laziness.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:22 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 37

It's time to get rid of jump the snap. I really liked it on ps2 but the 360 version is terrible. If the DL aspect of the game is fixed we won't need jump the snap at all
Old 11-17-2008, 12:15 PM   #5
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock
Whenever you jump the snap or have the snap jumped on you the player who jumps it is amazingly quicker than he was before.

Anyone notice that?
Yep i noticed. Its cool if you don't get sucked into a block. You are almost invincible though if you have a good player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2008, 12:19 PM   #6
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

Personally i never jump the snap or even know how to do such. Can i still jump the snap if i control the MLB?
Old 11-17-2008, 03:18 PM   #7
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindella2
Personally i never jump the snap or even know how to do such. Can i still jump the snap if i control the MLB?
Yes you can. When the QB is in shotgun he will do a step or clap his hands signaling when he is going to hike the ball. Under center you have maybe 1 1/2 seconds from the time he gets under center to hit the JTS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »