Home

Just thinking

This is a discussion on Just thinking within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-03-2006, 09:18 PM   #1
MVP

BaseballCtchr's Arena

OVR: 11
Just thinking

I am a PS2 guy and thinking of buying the XBOX 360 just for this game. I was just wondering how is the gameplay? If it is like the PS2 with no major glitches then I can accept that. I know the graphics is an upgrade but are there any other upgrades? Also what is the 360 version missing? If it is race for the Heisman I do not care the only thing I play are quick games and a dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2006, 10:08 PM   #2
MVP

dodgerblue's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Just thinking

I wouldn't buy a 360 just for this game. I have it and it is fun, although I don't feel the college atmosphere like I did with the xbox versions. There is not much to the game other than load it up and play. Dynasty, tug-o-war, bowling. No rfth (which I don't miss). The frame rate is a little slow.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:25 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I was a PS2 guy and I bought a 360 two weeks ago just for NCAA '07 and College Hoops 2K7. I don't know why I waited so long. NCAA and College Hoops are phenomenal on the 360. All I can say is DO IT! You won't regret it.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:51 AM   #4
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I say wait until the summer and get the next NCAA version which should have more features and improvements. Second efforts are usually a big improvement over the first game on a system. You've already waited half a year, just wait six more months. There might be a price drop around then too.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:36 AM   #5
ddeweil

OVR:

To offer a counterpoint: I'm a PS2 guy as well, and a friend of mine has the 360 version. I do not like it at all. I don't know. In my opinion, the PS2 version is more polished in the gameplay department.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2006, 11:40 AM   #6
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15

PS2 Version >>>>>>> XBOX 360 Version.

I can barely play a full game on 360. I keep going back to the PS2 Version.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:54 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 24

As a 360 guy- i wouldn't have purchased a 360 just for this game because of the lack of trick plays. Which seems odd in context but when you play the game over and over do add up.

However, i would have purchased one for the collection of games you can buy on the 360. Even the arcade games like Uno make for nice breaks from reality.

If you know your going to get a 360 eventually, might as well get it now. I would get a warranty, its not much and worth not worrying about. I would do the same on the PS3 for any hardcore xbox guys who think i am bashing the system
Old 12-04-2006, 01:28 PM   #8
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

It largley depends on how you play in my opinion.

I'm not going to go on and on with examples, but for a small example. If you like to user catch alot on ps2, you may not like it too much. I had it down on ps2/xbox in the red zone with the fade route, and deep balls timing your jump. It seems like you don't have quite as much control with your WR, IMO.

I have a 360 and I like it. I'll be the first to admit I'm a graphics whore first, gameplay second. Doesn't mean I don't care about gameplay though. I'm very much looking forward to next years game, however I would recommend getting it if you can deal with some off the field features missing, and just some small details(IMO) missing on the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »