Home

Zone defense Problems!!

This is a discussion on Zone defense Problems!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-25-2006, 03:52 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Zone defense Problems!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth916
I have no problem with playing Zone on Heisman on the 360 and I use SDSU.
DID YOU ADJUST ANY SLIDERS?
Old 07-25-2006, 04:12 PM   #10
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlipmode
DID YOU ADJUST ANY SLIDERS?
nope....I just put out more DBs than the CPU has WRs...lol. So if the CPU has 2 WRs, I throw out 3 DBs and so forth. I always try to throw out 1 more DB than the CPU has a WR.

If you like debating sports with your friends, or talk sports at a local bar whatever...this is all that wrapped into one. This is Urban Sports Talk

www.thehotspotshow.com
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-ducross-brothers
Old 07-25-2006, 04:25 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe1980
I've noticed the DBs not playing zone quite as well this year, too. Esp. in cover 2 or 3 when the deep help doesn't seem to get there in time.

What I've done on obvious passing downs is loosen the coverage at the line. The extra 5 or so yards seems to help on the deep stuff. But it still leaves you vulnerable underneath.
This strategy helped me defeat USC. They wouldn't throw anything under 10 yards. So I just started backing the DB's off the line, and their offense started to sputter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2006, 05:08 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Looks like the new ratings are only on the 360. Man, the technology guys get all the good stuff.

Last edited by NoleFan; 09-17-2020 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:12 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by obie
Well this year they added a rating for how your DB's play zone coverage, so if you DB's aren't good in Zone coverage then they won't be able to stop much. I think this year they did away with the super zones that we saw last year and the DB's reaction times are not as good. This allows for you to actually throw the short/mid pass w/o every DB on the field swarming to the ball. I think that it is more realistic this year. In real life just because the DB is playing that zone, he won't always stop the reciever....

Those are ratings that were added and I think some guy's didn't know they effect gameplay. EA actually assigned man to man ratings and zone coverage ratings along with play recognition. I think that was a great move by them overall.

As for Heisman as always they dummy down the Human defenders that's why they don't react the same as on AA level.

For instance on AA Level if you leave the Human DEF AWR at it's DEFAULT setting your DB's will shut down the CPU's passing game. On Heisman they won't even contest passes unless you increase the AWR slider. That;s my biggest gripe with EA why do they have to add a hidden cheat just to make Heisman mode seem more difficult.....

It's not that it's more difficult it's that EA will punish the human player by making his defenders less aware and the cpu defenders more aware. It's basically just a flip flop of the opposite as opposed to AA.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:19 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Those are ratings that were added and I think some guy's didn't know they effect gameplay. EA actually assigned man to man ratings and zone coverage ratings along with play recognition. I think that was a great move by them overall.

As for Heisman as always they dummy down the Human defenders that's why they don't react the same as on AA level.

For instance on AA Level if you leave the Human DEF AWR at it's DEFAULT setting your DB's will shut down the CPU's passing game. On Heisman they won't even contest passes unless you increase the AWR slider. That;s my biggest gripe with EA why do they have to add a hidden cheat just to make Heisman mode seem more difficult.....

It's not that it's more difficult it's that EA will punish the human player by
making his defenders less aware and the cpu defenders more aware. It's basically just a flip flop of the opposite as opposed to AA.

Thats what im seeing too fukc ea
Old 07-26-2006, 07:45 AM   #15
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth916
I always try to throw out 1 more DB than the CPU has a WR.
You're saying you use nickle against 4WR sets and dime against 5WR sets? Wow, what a strategy. No one's thought of that one yet.

I'm half-kidding, of course.

What I do (and maybe what TheTruth meant) is drop one more DB than the offense has WR's: 1WR gets a Cover-2, 2WR sets get a Cover-3, 3WR sets, a Cover-4.

I do this all the time when I think there's a pass coming, and the beauty of it is there's cover-3's and 4's in all the formations, so even if you 'show' 4-4, you can drop 8 and play some damn tough pass defense, even against 4-wide. It might open up some running lanes, of course, but generally the LB's will still look inside and play the run okay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2006, 08:19 AM   #16
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
... on AA Level if you leave the Human DEF AWR at it's DEFAULT setting your DB's will shut down the CPU's passing game. On Heisman they won't even contest passes unless you increase the AWR slider. That;s my biggest gripe with EA why do they have to add a hidden cheat just to make Heisman mode seem more difficult.....
You're saying the human DB's are better on AA? Well no kidding, so is every other position. The level is easier.

Quote:
It's not that it's more difficult it's that EA will punish the human player by making his defenders less aware and the cpu defenders more aware.
And that's not more difficult? I don't follow.

Look, if the human AI was 'the same' as the CPU AI, there'd be no point in playing, or at least, you'd be talking about something resembling coach mode. Think about it, particularly on defense. The whole idea of a harder difficulty setting is that human has to 'do more' in order to be successful. The example of DB's is indeed a perfect one: if you see that homeboy is taking a bad route, or whatever, the idea is to switch to that player, make the correction, and make the play yourself! You don't see how that's more difficult than having the AI do it for you? What's the point of upping the 'difficulty' setting if the human AI is just as strong as on the level below it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »