Home

Why I'm optimistic

This is a discussion on Why I'm optimistic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2024, 02:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why I'm optimistic

EA Sports gets a lot of criticism from the community, and rightly so. We all know what Madden, EA FC and the NHL series have become.

But PGA Tour gives me hope.

Unlike the three other titles, PGAT is not a yearly release for multiple generations. EA had time to hone the game for current-get only and, all things considered, did a really good job. A year after it first hit the market, EA even dropped a whopper of an update by adding four new courses and an excellent batch of Jack Nicklaus challenges.

If EA can do that for golf, they can do that for college football.

Last edited by JoeRodgers1175; 04-05-2024 at 10:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Why I'm optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRodgers1175
EA Sports gets a lot of criticism from the community, and rightly so. We all know what Madden, EA FC and the NHL series have become.

But PGA Tour gives me hope.

Unlike the three other titles, PGAT is not a yearly release for multiple generations. EA had time to hone the game for current-get only and, all things considered, did a really good job. A year after it first hit the market, EA even dropped a whopper of an update by adding four new courses and an excellent batch of Jack Nicklaus challenges.

If EA can do that for golf, they can do that for college football.
I can agree with that. Even though EA CFB 25 will be a yearly title, having three plus years of development should allow for a solid polished foundation for them to build off of. That's why I didn't mind the game being delayed last year. Once a game gets in the annual dev cycle, there's only so much they could do when having to maintain a current release and develop for the future releases. Hopefully they got the Core modes down pact and then they could develop the modes that are catered to bring in casual gamers

I'm just curious with how they approach the current gen only aspect. I've been wanting the cross gen period to end so we can see more evolution in gaming. This will be the first AAA sports game to go current gen only and its been known last couple years that the game will be current gen only. So, I don't expect a Gotham Knights situation where the game was developed to be cross gen and then ditched last gen because of optimization issues.
Old 04-08-2024, 10:49 AM   #3
Rookie

I still expect quite a few unintended issues with this version...not with gameplay per se, but with the ever changing landscape of college football. Some of the things EA may take a swing and miss at, but they should at least be patted on the back for trying and as long as they don't make it into 26...we should be ok.

Like I have said in other posts....there should be a huge jump from 25 to 26...decent jump from 26 to 27 and still noticeable from 27 to 28 before things may start to level off imo, but by then we may have different alignments/playoffs/new teams by then...who knows? Teams are improving stadiums more frequently than the NFL, that in and of itself can help keep the game looking new for certain groups of people.
Old 04-08-2024, 08:22 PM   #4
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

this is my gueiss

in 26 coaches all 135 shouild be in game Maybe there is a 1% chance they are patched in after Jan 25
in 27 i think most FCS schools will be in with maybe the IVY being the lone holdout and that wouild mean no more FCS west east
Old 04-09-2024, 01:34 PM   #5
Rookie

Yes, I think it is possible that FCS teams get in College Football 26, especially if teambuilder makes it into 25. I don't know that all of them will have their own stadium though. I think the issue you get into is not necessarily hardware space, but does EA really have enough people devoted to do all that (every FCS stadium) AND keep up with the yearly renovations of FBS...I'm going to initially say no unless they do a couple of FCS conferences each year.

If coaches get into the game...great...but I'd rather have actual teams than FCS East. In fact, I'd rather they have classic and all time teams before they get to coaches but that's just my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »