Home

Service Academy Athletes (Latest Progress)

This is a discussion on Service Academy Athletes (Latest Progress) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2024, 04:02 PM   #1
Rookie

Cam Fan's Arena

OVR: 0

The link below shares the latest challenges of including service academy players in the game. Personally, I would be a little disappointed if they're not allowed.

https://www.si.com/fannation/name-im...tball-25-noah9
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2024, 08:15 PM   #2
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Re: Service Academy Athletes (Latest Progress)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Fan
The link below shares the latest challenges of including service academy players in the game. Personally, I would be a little disappointed if they're not allowed.

https://www.si.com/fannation/name-im...tball-25-noah9
I think they'll get in. But it might not be on launch, because of how slow the bureaucratic process is. All it will take is someone in the federal government saying it's okay for them to be in, which I think they will ultimately do.
Old 03-03-2024, 02:16 PM   #3
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

If I was EA I would opt out of having Army Navy and AF in the game, until those teams treat their players as fairly as the other 131 universities treat their players. You have to hit the Feds where they will feel it, and cancel them until they are ready to engage with the other adults the same manner as the other 131 teams. If they cant, its probably time for the Feds to take their ball and go home until they ARE ready to participate in the 21st century. I dont have any animosity to the players, but their front office is a train wreck.
#44Syracuse
Old 03-03-2024, 04:40 PM   #4
Rookie

JMU_Devil_Dawg's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I dont have any animosity to the players, but their front office is a train wreck.
The Pentagon's top Priority isn't student-athlete NIL deals.
This is just a small sample of how things are different at service academies.
Time will tell how this all shakes out.
Old 03-03-2024, 05:07 PM   #5
Expletive Deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMU_Devil_Dawg
The Pentagon's top Priority isn't student-athlete NIL deals.
This is just a small sample of how things are different at service academies.
Time will tell how this all shakes out.
Yeah, I think in the end everything will shake out fine. And while the NIL deal itself doesn't have to be Top Priority, those actual student athletes should be as top priority as any other human under their umbrella. It isn't rocket science, when the Universities right the wrong, I think they will look back and see that, however they fix it.
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2024, 01:53 PM   #6
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Yeah, I think in the end everything will shake out fine. And while the NIL deal itself doesn't have to be Top Priority, those actual student athletes should be as top priority as any other human under their umbrella. It isn't rocket science, when the Universities right the wrong, I think they will look back and see that, however they fix it.

So.. You think they should be more focused on the student athletes than the service men and women who are around the world serving our country? You’re talking about the pentagon, the US military, the federal government, the president. We aren’t talking about an athletic director, a head coach, and a dean lol. They kind of have a lot going on, and a LOT of military members and government workers who have to adhere to the same standards these athletes do. Also, are you aware that all of the service academy players are actually the highest paid (not including exorbitant NIL deals for specific individuals like Caleb Williams) players in CFB? They’re the only players actually being paid to go to school, and play football. They have salaries. Not every player at every school is getting an NIL deal, and a lot of NIL deals are very low paying unless you’re Caleb Williams or Quinn Ewers. Should these players be able to accept the $600? Probably, and they might figure it out. But it’s not like they’re starving. They’re being paid to go to school, play a game, have a guaranteed occupation when they graduate, guaranteed health insurance, guaranteed retirement plan if they pursue a career, etc.
Old 03-04-2024, 06:07 PM   #7
Expletive Deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
And while the NIL deal itself doesn't have to be Top Priority, those actual student athletes should be as top priority as any other human under their umbrella.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
So.. You think they should be more focused on the student athletes than the service men and women who are around the world serving our country?
Read again. Not more. As much.

Quote:
You’re talking about the pentagon, the US military, the federal government, the president. We aren’t talking about an athletic director, a head coach, and a dean lol. They kind of have a lot going on, and a LOT of military members and government workers who have to adhere to the same standards these athletes do. Also, are you aware that all of the service academy players are actually the highest paid (not including exorbitant NIL deals for specific individuals like Caleb Williams) players in CFB? They’re the only players actually being paid to go to school, and play football. Should these players be able to accept the $600? Probably, and they might figure it out. But it’s not like they’re starving. They’re being paid to go to school, play a game, have a guaranteed occupation when they graduate, guaranteed health insurance, guaranteed retirement plan if they pursue a career, etc.
This has nothing to do with that. It does have to do with people overstepping and trying to control every aspect of other peoples lives. These are people (and not all of the people, only a few) who long ago got a taste for power and now hunger for more. This isn't even about $600. Just let them opt in for free if they choose. But again, that will mean someone will have to voluntarily give up part of their control. They aren't going to do that willingly. I don't for one second believe any service academy student is starving. Don't know where that's coming from. Certainly not here. And we are probably better off discontinueing this line, it borders infringing OS ToS. But like I agreed before, all this will shake out in the end.
#44Syracuse
Old 03-05-2024, 01:53 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

They are going to have to get creative. Have the players wave their rights for EA, pay the $600 to the school as a donation for whatever way they can mark it as for the football team, and then put it into accounts for players to spend on campus. There is plenty of stuff they have to buy themselves since the government doesn't provide extras.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »