Home

NCAA 14 CPU knowing game plan

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 CPU knowing game plan within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-05-2022, 02:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NCAA 14 CPU knowing game plan

So I’ve always wondered, in a dynasty does the CPU ever know your game plan? Reason I ask, I just played the worst game I can ever recall playing. Maybe I was just off myself but it seemed liked the cpu was prepared for my curl routs or slants. When I was doing a read option I was dead in the water regardless of doing the correct read. Just seemed like the cpu was very prepared for my game. This was a late season game probably the 11th game of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2022, 12:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA 14 CPU knowing game plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by montgom24
So I’ve always wondered, in a dynasty does the CPU ever know your game plan? Reason I ask, I just played the worst game I can ever recall playing. Maybe I was just off myself but it seemed liked the cpu was prepared for my curl routs or slants. When I was doing a read option I was dead in the water regardless of doing the correct read. Just seemed like the cpu was very prepared for my game. This was a late season game probably the 11th game of the year.

It is random as far as I can tell. Conference game? Next year you'll likely light them up win the same coaching staffs. I have played quite a few games where I can't seem to make many plays, but the teams I'll struggle against vary greatly.
Old 11-07-2022, 12:24 PM   #3
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

Although there hasn’t been any definitive proof, I often wonder myself. I’ll find that even though my team gets better in talent, my scheme becomes less effective over time. And mixing it up seems to throw them off the best. Just my opinion, though.
Old 11-09-2022, 01:25 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBinKC
Although there hasn’t been any definitive proof, I often wonder myself. I’ll find that even though my team gets better in talent, my scheme becomes less effective over time. And mixing it up seems to throw them off the best. Just my opinion, though.

Ya I’ve changed my playbook this time. I will probably be switching between playbooks a few times throughout the year just to hopefully prevent this.

Old 11-09-2022, 03:45 PM   #5
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

Anecdotally, I feel like this tends to happen in Rivalry Games. They always seem more difficult for some reason and if I'm gonna lose a game, it's usually a Rivalry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2022, 11:29 AM   #6
MVP

I don't think the CPU knows the "game plan" but they definitely adjust based upon what you are doing which is how it should be.

Not sure whether the "coachstradamus" skill applies to cpu coaches.
Old 11-17-2022, 01:27 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrane
It is random as far as I can tell. Conference game? Next year you'll likely light them up win the same coaching staffs. I have played quite a few games where I can't seem to make many plays, but the teams I'll struggle against vary greatly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBinKC

I think I have proof it is random. There is a bug (PS3 disk install) in the current Revamped release where the ball becomes invisible. I am at the end of the 4th season and it has happened twice. Once was at the end of a game where I was winning easily, so I simmed to the end. The second time I was down 7-0 about halfway through the 1st quarter and I was thinking the game was tough. I quit the game and then restarted it. I never trailed in a 45-14 win. I was head coach and my coordinators call the plays and the play calling was different for both units for both sides.
Old 11-17-2022, 01:32 PM   #8
Rookie

They know your playcall. It's almost always more effective to call a pass or run, and then audible to the opposite at the line of scrimmage, regardless of formation or personnel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »