Home

NCAA 14 best all around sports game ever?

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 best all around sports game ever? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-05-2022, 07:50 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 best all around sports game ever?

I agree! I would get a PS5 JUST for that game buttttt itll probably be like madden....buggy unfinished etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HennyHefner
I think it is. I also hope the new ncaa game is nothing like madden.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-05-2022, 08:26 PM   #18
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

There wasn't enough depth in dynasty for me to call it the best ever. It's great because it's college football and it's my favorite sport. There were too many things that had been in the PS2/Xbox Era removed. The Reggie Bush-Era is the best.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-05-2022, 08:48 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

It's not even the beat NCAA football game ever, nor the best college sports game ever.

Everyone just looks back at the game with nostalgia anymore and acts like it was amazing when it released and it still is. Dynasty mode lacked depth, recruiting was too simplified, too easy, and also bugged out. QB AI wasn't good as Scrambling QBs would gift your LE 5 sacks a game, and QBs never threw on the run or looked to throw it once they tucked the ball.

The sim engine was a mess.

It was a fun game, but people really do look back at the game with nostalgia these days.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 09-05-2022, 09:12 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
There wasn't enough depth in dynasty for me to call it the best ever. It's great because it's college football and it's my favorite sport. There were too many things that had been in the PS2/Xbox Era removed. The Reggie Bush-Era is the best.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It's not even the beat NCAA football game ever, nor the best college sports game ever.

Everyone just looks back at the game with nostalgia anymore and acts like it was amazing when it released and it still is. Dynasty mode lacked depth, recruiting was too simplified, too easy, and also bugged out. QB AI wasn't good as Scrambling QBs would gift your LE 5 sacks a game, and QBs never threw on the run or looked to throw it once they tucked the ball.

It was a fun game, but people really do look back at the game with nostalgia these days.

PS2/Xbox era was the best era for sports games period lol. Especially for NCAA and Madden. It's the nostalgia that makes most love NCAA 14 so much.

College Football isnt the type of game that should streamlined to the extent it was. I wouldn't say it's a niche game, but it's not a flagship title. So, they should treat it like a niche game. Outside of the first couple years, the game is only going to sell between 2-4 Million copies, especially with console shortages. So, go the more in-depth complex route with Dynasty. The casual gamer that buys CFB will likely be the ones who use it as something to hold them over until Madden. So, either they would want a more in depth Dynasty or probably won't touch the mode anyway. If they want a way simplify Dynasty, then create Options/Settings that Auto-completes all off field tasks.
Old 09-05-2022, 09:31 PM   #21
Rookie

You know….I never even noticed that scrambling QBs don’t run as much as they should.What depth would you add to dynasty mode?
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2022, 09:54 PM   #22
Rookie

AyoGaz's Arena

Even the best games ever made have issues. The one's in this game were never game-changing in my opinion. Anything that did was always so funny and rare that when it happened, it made games really interesting. I've never really encountered a lot of glitches playing this game, therefore I think it is the greatest sports game ever made.
Old 09-06-2022, 10:30 AM   #23
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

I think we tend to rush to the “greatest of all time” narrative when trying to express our passion for certain things, and this game is no different. Inversely, we also tend to point out flaws in games to disprove their status among the best, as if every game doesn’t have its own set of flaws. The fact that ‘14 was the last in the series really begs the question of whether or not ‘15 would’ve been better before making that Madden-like descent that we would’ve eventually seen. So I think this question just can’t be answered.

But I will say that Revamped, with the sliders/house rules that I’ve installed to finally get the challenge I’ve always wanted from ‘14, is the most fun sports game I’ve played since the NES games as a kid. And I think the reason is that 1) you can run from the Shotgun efficiently, and 2) the amount of diversity in offensive styles is unmatched. So I can see why people want to put it in the all time great category.
Old 09-06-2022, 02:39 PM   #24
All Star

OVR: 8

Not the greatest sports game ever, not the greatest football game ever, not the greatest college sports game ever.

I enjoyed NCAA 14. I enjoyed every single iteration of the NCAA football games from the first one I played on the ps1 to the final version on the PS3, and there are certain parts of '14 that are an improvement over prior versions. On the whole though, I think it just benefits from being the last version of the game that was made while we have gone nearly 10 years without a new one.

For me, recruiting sucks, relative to past versions. Both the concept of it as well as the way the AI handled it.

Gameplay was cool in terms of some of the newer mechanics that were in there. But it was also completely broken on both sides of the ball.

Dynasty was deep relative to the series but it was still completely superficial relative to other sports games.

Fun game, but probably not top 10 sports games for me.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »