Home

EA Sports College Football Gameplay

This is a discussion on EA Sports College Football Gameplay within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-31-2022, 12:19 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: EA Sports College Football Gameplay

Madden's next gen player movement is leaps and bounds better than what NCAA 14 had. It may look different watching it in a video, I'm not sure. I think it looks great, but it has the responsiveness of NCAA 14, but respects actual momentum like 2k8. It's really a good blend of those two games, imo.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2022, 05:26 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Yeah, it was mentioned in the Extra Points article that EA is working with all three major suppliers (Nike, Adidas, UA) to try and get a huge library of throwbacks for possibly every school.
EA is going to make people pay for that stuff watch...
Old 09-01-2022, 10:21 PM   #27
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyandTed112
I mean they did the last time the game came out. I doubt they will directly charge for them, but it'll likely be in Ultimate Team, so they'll probably see indirect sales.
Old 09-02-2022, 12:23 AM   #28
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
I mean they did the last time the game came out. I doubt they will directly charge for them, but it'll likely be in Ultimate Team, so they'll probably see indirect sales.
They never made us pay for throwbacks last time. They made us pay for new uniforms, that were unveiled that week (or the previous week). But throwbacks had usually always been included.

And why on earth would throwbacks be tied to Ultimate Team?

I know the hate for EA is strong, but some of the stuff that's being complained about a year before the game even comes out just doesn't make any logical sense.
Old 09-02-2022, 04:34 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
They never made us pay for throwbacks last time. They made us pay for new uniforms, that were unveiled that week (or the previous week). But throwbacks had usually always been included.

I know the hate for EA is strong, but some of the stuff that's being complained about a year before the game even comes out just doesn't make any logical sense.

Looking at their track record with the madden series and other sports games. It's within their recent history to rehash old mechanics and modes while pushing them as "new features" so caution is completely warranted. This all falls into EA's quest for money without doing much effort after the first release or two just like how MUD 23 still only has 10 faces for player creator... like come on.

The fact that their animation pipeline hasn't produced more diverse permutations - despite the marketing saying otherwise - to go along with seemingly no real push for more advanced AI + physics systems in accordance to the current gen standard can't be ignored. Shoot, if you look back, football games from the past had more features and better presentations (half-time, celebrations, accurate highlights, breakdowns) compared to today, specifically in regards to EA's mainline NFL title.

To me it's perfectly fine to be highly suspicious of what EA will do with this new NCAA football title because it wasn't like the past title didn't suffer from features being taken away and then being brought back like they were new or just never returning.

I'll wait until we see some actually forward progression in regards to game design and a commitment to current gen standards for me to believe in them.

Last edited by BillyandTed112; 09-02-2022 at 04:38 AM.
Old 09-02-2022, 06:26 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyandTed112
EA can't 'make' people pay for that stuff.
however, people do get to choose if they want to pay for add-ons.

I'm not even certain yet whether I'd personally be interested in purchasing add-ons. I can probably take it or leave it. this first year I probably won't find all that extra stuff necessary. I'll be glad just to have a new college football title

A Work in Progress
Old 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Man, I just want the ability to create Peter Warrick, Deion Sanders, Ricky Williams, Reggie Bush and 1000's of others.

Damn I can't wait for this game and the college atmosphere.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2022, 04:44 PM   #32
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

Either way, charging for jerseys is a silly concept in modern sports games.

I meant they charged for DLC jerseys in 14.

What year did they have true throwbacks? I remember them leaving in previous versions of jerseys that were newly updated, but I don't remember true throwbacks being in the game unless a team wore them in a recent year.

Throwbacks would be unlocked in the mode like every other sports ultimate team mode I'm guessing.

Either way charging for accessory items in a modern sports game is an outdated philosophy. There are more logical revenue streams.

Last edited by gator3guy; 09-02-2022 at 04:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »