Home

Dynasty HoF or Best of?

This is a discussion on Dynasty HoF or Best of? within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-06-2020, 07:57 PM   #17
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Dynasty HoF or Best of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
I would say for ballot stuffing, etc. Let someone nominate 3 total, at most one of their own and they have to vote for up to 4 and can't duplicate. Not sure how survey monkey works so not sure if that's an option. If everyone is comfortable with it, maybe they can inbox you the votes or something similar.

Just an idea. Like I said, I have no idea how survey monkey works.

Like the idea.
By ballot stuffing, I was more concerned about people accessing the survey from a bunch of different PCs (I can approximately lock it to IP address) and submitting several times.

Survey Monkey is just survey software that's easy to use. I can use anything else, but this seemed like the best mix of easy to use and distribute.

Thanks for the feedback.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:22 AM   #18
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

The solution to ballot stuffing would to have a "Hall of Fame" committee. It would have to be made up of people who were respected within the dynasty reporting community. Then a certain percentage of the committee earns a hall of fame. Nomination would still be by the community.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:47 AM   #19
MVP

studbucket's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32
The solution to ballot stuffing would to have a "Hall of Fame" committee. It would have to be made up of people who were respected within the dynasty reporting community. Then a certain percentage of the committee earns a hall of fame. Nomination would still be by the community.

That's a good suggestion. Not sure if there are people here willing to commit that time (response to this has been 100% positive, but very few have responded). It would definitely help with any ballot stuffing though.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:39 AM   #20
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
That's a good suggestion. Not sure if there are people here willing to commit that time (response to this has been 100% positive, but very few have responded). It would definitely help with any ballot stuffing though.
Being a semi-retired 'chiser, I think I'm qualified and happy to contribute if some sort of committee is the way to go. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm sure there would be folks in the football section willing to help out if you asked (DeeGeezy, Hellisan, Cheese if he's around).

I love this idea as a whole and would very much love to see it come to fruition. Most of us draw inspiration from others, so some sort of shrine to celebrate the best would undoubtedly help new 'chisers and help create one easy, convenient place for us to celebrate the best stories for all sports.

There are 10-15 dynasties that immediately came to mind when I saw this thread, and I'm sure there are more that are worthy of being considered in the same category. I liked the guidelines and procedures for nomination that you laid out, though some exclusivity will be needed to make sure it doesn't get watered down quickly (*cough cough NASCAR hall of fame*).

One other option could be to induct an opening class of five like the baseball HOF did to get the ball rolling, and then move to a percentage of the vote, committee decision or something else in ensuing years.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 04-13-2020, 11:05 AM   #21
MVP

studbucket's Arena

Thanks for following up on this sportsguru, I appreciate it.

These are all quite good ideas. I do like the idea of a committee, especially if people are willing to participate on it. How big do we think it should be? 10 people + me as an administrator? (I would only vote if tiebreaker needed, otherwise I am just running things) Or is 10 people too many? (I was trying to think of the right number to help reduce ties and gridlock...maybe 7 or some odd number is right)

We can get at least 2 people from basketball, football, and baseball forums and then fill out the other 4 with anyone who is qualified and interested.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2020, 12:28 PM   #22
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

I think the group should be smaller around 5-6. If you are going to be the administrator I think it might be useful for you to choose the people you want in that are respected. They may or may not accept. Then if you need more then have an application and for the ones that were handpicked earlier you can get together and decide on the new members.
Old 04-13-2020, 12:34 PM   #23
MVP

studbucket's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32
I think the group should be smaller around 5-6. If you are going to be the administrator I think it might be useful for you to choose the people you want in that are respected. They may or may not accept. Then if you need more then have an application and for the ones that were handpicked earlier you can get together and decide on the new members.

Good suggestion, thanks!

Old 04-22-2020, 05:27 PM   #24
MVP

studbucket's Arena

I've been busy, but may try to start coordinating this soon. Any further ideas or feedback?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ »