Home

How Do You Get Into Dynasties When You Aren't Reporting

This is a discussion on How Do You Get Into Dynasties When You Aren't Reporting within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-24-2018, 12:45 PM   #1

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1
How Do You Get Into Dynasties When You Aren't Reporting

Hey fellas,

Just a general question that I thought I would throw out there into the world of my fellow dynasty reporters...How do you get into dynasties/franchies when you choose not to report?

As many know I run my Eastern Michigan project. Recently I picked up Madden '19 and am getting ready to start a longterm franchise with my Buffalo Bills. I have no intentions of writing it up as one report is more than enough for me to keep me busy.

I was thinking I would just play this franchise slowly on the side and keep my own records and such. I don't know...it just doesn't have that same spark as when I am doing a dynasty report. Do others have this problem?

Just seeing what other dynasty reporters have experienced when playing franchises you don't report on.

Thanks all!

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2018, 06:14 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: How Do You Get Into Dynasties When You Aren't Reporting

If I am running a dynasty - I am likely going to report it. It adds to the depth of the dynasty/franchise for me. Also easier to recap the stats/great games, etc.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:36 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I haven’t had a committed dynasty report since NCAA06. What I do though is post my games in the respective “how’s your dynasty/franchise going” thread. That’s typically enough for me. Sometimes though, I do miss having dedicated readers for my dynasty progress.

With the current generation of consoles, it is super easy to capture graphics for reports. But alas... I do not report.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-30-2018, 02:48 PM   #4
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

I have this problem as well. I never play franchises without reporting them. I don't do well at reporting them so I hardly finish a season in any game.

However, this past year I grabbed PES 2018 and I have played through 2 full seasons in the offline Master League. I enjoyed the gameplay so much, and the Champions League presentation that I was hooked, just waiting for my next CL match and playing the games in between. I was very into the game so while I didn't write down my stats, I knew that I got knocked out of the Champions League both years by Atletico Madrid. I did 2 seasons in this past year and I don't think I have finished a single season in any game in about 5 years before that. It is tough because I miss out on some the stats and looking at history. I was so in depth with the game that I was constantly going around and checking stats for other leagues and checking the performances of my former players that I sold that it made up for the immersion that I usually got from doing a dynasty report.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:58 PM   #5
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9

Even if I wasn't reporting it on a website, I was taking notes ever since I started playing sports video games. I would always keep track of boxscores and standings at the minimum. I even used to take the season schedule for a sport and play it out in the hallway of my house, keeping track of wins and losses.

Some of the stuff I still remember, most has faded away. I remember running a Clemson dynasty and getting destroyed by Brandon Ore and Virginia Tech, I think they dropped 50 on me. I remember creating a Campus Legend and my junior season deciding "F*** it" and threw every pass at my WR so he finished the game with 24 catches for 474 yards and 7 TDs (gotta love/hate that momentum feature in the old NCAA games).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2018, 11:42 AM   #6
MVP

saintrules's Arena

OVR: 0

I started seriously playing franchise around 2014 in NCAA 14 and for the first couple of years I was just using a word doc and recaping award winners, conference champs, and the BCS results. I must say, whether it's nostalgia or not, those were some of the most fun times I've ever had playing video games. I could play as fast as I wanted and didn't have the looming pain of missing a writeup or going too fast and not recapping games via my own thread.

In Madden 17 I started my first larger thread with the Jaguars and went for about 15 seasons. Even though Madden stinks, I had a blast and a half. I didn't spend time with graphics, I just put fingers to keyboard and wrote. There were times it started to get stale and drag on, but the beauty of rebuilding every five to six years made it fun, I went through a host of highs and lows.

I tried to do the same with Madden 18, but the game itself started to become a massive pain. Since then, I've done a larger College Hoops 2K8 thread and made an attempt at a OOTP 19 thread, but I think that's kaput.

Point of my story is this: you gotta do what suits you, there's no right answer. I can get immersed by just using a word doc, but I know that's not for everyone. Without a word doc, no immersion. With a whole reporting thread, too much time writing, not enough playing.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:22 PM   #7
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

i have a hard time getting into them when i dont report and usually end up doing a bunch of short ones
i dont have much time these days but im still debating running a team chise along with my low effort single player one
Old 09-29-2018, 03:39 PM   #8
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0

For me, I have a notebook for each sport and track basics. Mostly just record, where I end up in standings, draft picks, my playoff progress, and champions.

Most of what I need is in games these days but it offers me the chance to look back and see my long term progress on a few pages.

Currently Playing:

Stardew Valley (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ »