Home

NCAA 14 Dynasty Scouting

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 Dynasty Scouting within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-12-2022, 07:14 AM   #1
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
NCAA 14 Dynasty Scouting

This post is repeated from a portion of a post in the main College Football forum so I apologize, but I realize not everybody goes over there and it applies specifically to dynasty. It's just something that's made scouting fun and reasonably realistic for me.

So this is RNG to help make scouting a little bit of fun and a little harder to do within the dynasty mode. First of all when setting up your dynasty I think you have to limit yourself to 25% scouting per session to have any fun, that's sort of obvious. Scouting 100% of a player's attributes with a button click just seems catastrophic to the realism. I realize some people don't scout at all, that's probably as good a solution as any but I sort of enjoy getting to do SOMETHING in the scouting realm and as a side benefit, blowing a bunch of points on scouting does limit recruiting to some extent.

But anyway here's how I've dialed in scouting a little for my taste. So basically using this I don't always GET to scout a guy each week so it takes longer.

Got an RNG app on my phone and just set it to spit out a random number 1-4.

First thing I do after advancing is to just go scouting starting at the top, and just apply the following to any players that make any sense to scout:

First time I scout a guy (who is at 0% scouted) I can scout him to 25%, 100% of the time.

After advancing to a given week, If he's 25% scouted I have to roll a 1, 2, or 3 to do the next scouting session and get him to 50%. Otherwise, the scouting percentage he's at sits there till the next week rolls around.

If he's 50% scouted I have to roll a 1 or 2 to scout him to 75%.
If he's 75% scouted I have to roll a 1 to get him 100% scouted.

This sort of simulates the idea that if you're scouting a player, the more things you know, the harder it might be to get the remaining information and ultimately the full picture. And, I think that doing this, it'll be at least 6-8 weeks in before most players are fully scouted, and some might take until way longer or might never be fully scouted.

Let me know if you try this or have your own way of dialing in the scouting process.

Edit: I just did this in week 4 or so of a dynasty and was only to scout one of the top 14 guys on my board

Last edited by Hellisan; 11-12-2022 at 10:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ »