Home

2019 Player Review Thread

This is a discussion on 2019 Player Review Thread within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-03-2019, 08:32 PM   #1
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
2019 Player Review Thread

Thought this would be a good place to talk about the cards we're playing with as we get more into the year. Low key good cheap cards, overrated cards that you shouldn't spend stubs on, etc.

Here's my first two:

JD Martinez - This dude can hit. He's also terrible on defense and will do something once or twice a game that will drive you crazy. Then he'll come up to bat and launch a 450 foot homer. Such is the life with this card.

And Adalberto Mondesi, Royals shortstop has crazy speed and hits ridiculously well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2019, 10:04 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: 2019 Player Review Thread

This is a good thread.

My current favourite 'affordable' hitter is Anthony Rizzo. I love this card, he has a good amount of pop and gets a number of hard hit balls. So far he's the only player in the game that I've been able to effectively hit against the shift with. I don't know what it is, but I find myself just waiting an extra second with him and he drives the ball into left field, and with the shifted infield and outfield, its basically a double every time. He's not a fast player (24) but he's not as slow as some of the other options.

Macell Ozuna. He's another guy that works out well for me, good pop and good contact ratings. I hit him down in the 8th spot (in front of my pitcher) because his speed is enough that if I bunt he won't get thrown out at 2nd.

Kurt Suzuki is my sleeper. No exaggeration, I'm hitting over .500 with him now. Granted its about 17 singles, but still. I think people just pitch him a little easier, which is likely part of the success I've had with him. He doesn't have alot of power, but he has good contact and decent defense.

My worst player is Wilson Ramos. He has 'diamond' hitting... but it sure doesn't feel like it. He also has a speed rating of 1. Yep 1. So you have to be mindful of where you hit him, because he's going to clog up the bases. Defense is okay, but with so few catcher options... there's no way I'm not taking the diamond Posey when I get to level 50.
Old 04-04-2019, 02:44 PM   #3
MVP

Boss Card Andruw Jones... great on defense but probably my worst hitter. I strike out a ton with him and have only hit 2 bombs.

Miguel Andujar has been one of my best hitters despite being the lowest rated card in my lineup.

Manny Machado is as youd expect. Good to great hitter solid defense. Bad baserunner, likes to turn doubles into singles or outs at 2nd

My 82 ovr CAP starting pitcher has the best command of anyone I've pitched with although he can only go 6 innings or so
Old 04-04-2019, 04:16 PM   #4
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

I have a question and a review
Question: Should I use the superior offense of Acuna, or the balance of Soto?
Review: Bryce Harper Live Series. He's an acceptable fielder, but could be better, but he's a terrific hitter for me. Consistently makes solid contact and consistently puts the ball deep. I never had anyone be as consistently good against lefties AND righties as he has been for me.

Bonus Review: Contact 85 2B CAP. This is my favorite Leadoff card. It's not the best, but I constantly put the ball in play with it and get great defense out of it as well.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:46 PM   #5
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdfc
I have a question and a review
Question: Should I use the superior offense of Acuna, or the balance of Soto?

Who are your other outfielders?

Also, the Jonathan schoop from collecting orioles is amazing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2019, 04:57 PM   #6
Just started!

Yasmani Grandal the king of gap shots that turn into singles. I am hitting roughly .400 with him online but should be closer to .500 if I was not thrown out at second constantly. Great Bat and D with terrible speed.

Bellinger is probably my budget beast selection, mashes everything with great speed to boot.

Trevor Story is a really good card until you have diamonds for your squad no real weaknesses here and has strong gap power and speed.

Finally my best player so far in ranked play is Charlie Blackmon. Mashes everything just gotta live with a noodle arm in the field.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:58 PM   #7
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Who are your other outfielders?

Also, the Jonathan schoop from collecting orioles is amazing
Right now it's Acuna in left, Torii Hunter in Center and Bryce Harper in right. Probably the toughest choice between Hunter and Steve Finley. I took the Defense over the power because of Cobb (Who is on the bench because of it
Old 04-04-2019, 06:58 PM   #8
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp243
Yasmani Grandal the king of gap shots that turn into singles. I am hitting roughly .400 with him online but should be closer to .500 if I was not thrown out at second constantly. Great Bat and D with terrible speed.
Getting thrown out at second still counts as a hit and doesnt hurt your batting average. Just throwing that out there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »