Home

New Captains Store

This is a discussion on New Captains Store within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-06-2016, 05:50 PM   #41
Rookie

Jonesy8642's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Captains Store

Am I the only one who doesn't like these super cards coming into the game? I enjoy DD far more before all these super cards come out. Williams was bad enough in the last one, now we have guys like Cargo, Stocker, Pujols, Arods...

I've played a team that has had four or five guys with all 95+ hitting and it's just a waste of time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2016, 06:21 PM   #42
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy8642
Am I the only one who doesn't like these super cards coming into the game? I enjoy DD far more before all these super cards come out. Williams was bad enough in the last one, now we have guys like Cargo, Stocker, Pujols, Arods...

I've played a team that has had four or five guys with all 95+ hitting and it's just a waste of time.
In a mode like this, the majority of the the people playing will just be hunting for the best cards...that's just how competitive card collecting games are.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:34 PM   #43
Rookie

Jonesy8642's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
In a mode like this, the majority of the the people playing will just be hunting for the best cards...that's just how competitive card collecting games are.
I understand how the mode works as I've been playing Card Teams for way to long now, what drives me insane in this is I'm going to see lineups now with Mauer, Pujols, Utley/Cano, Cabrera, ARod, Tulo, Hanley, Cargo, Trout, Williams and it will be impossible to pitch. I'm all for flashback players and legends as I believe it adds some fun to the game to see younger versions of players or guys I grew up watching but these Super Cards are extreme.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:51 PM   #44
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
I understand how the mode works as I've been playing Card Teams for way to long now, what drives me insane in this is I'm going to see lineups now with Mauer, Pujols, Utley/Cano, Cabrera, ARod, Tulo, Hanley, Cargo, Trout, Williams and it will be impossible to pitch. I'm all for flashback players and legends as I believe it adds some fun to the game to see younger versions of players or guys I grew up watching but these Super Cards are extreme.
You can beat those super teams if you also have a super pitcher too but I get your point. These games basically are about who outscores/hits the others, unfortunately you also run into people who just try to bunt you to death
Old 08-08-2016, 05:04 AM   #45
Rookie

Denzel Washington's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

Regular online rated is still a thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2016, 12:07 PM   #46
Rookie

Jonesy8642's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzel Washington
Regular online rated is still a thing.
I've tried regular online and I've run into three teams for almost every game, Cubs, Rangers (probably worse now with lucroy) and Nats and you can see so many people back out when a lefty is pitching. I love using my Phils but facing the same 3 teams over and over is what continues to drive me to DD. Just not a fan of the super cards but love the randomness of the mode and the changes in teams.

Inside Edge has allowed me to use new cards which makes it fun. Michael Saunders and Diaz are great cards for me that feast when they 5 starred.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:05 PM   #47
Rookie

Snoopy2quik's Arena

Quote:
I've tried regular online and I've run into three teams for almost every game, Cubs, Rangers (probably worse now with lucroy) and Nats and you can see so many people back out when a lefty is pitching. I love using my Phils but facing the same 3 teams over and over is what continues to drive me to DD. Just not a fan of the super cards but love the randomness of the mode and the changes in teams.

Inside Edge has allowed me to use new cards which makes it fun. Michael Saunders and Diaz are great cards for me that feast when they 5 starred.
I usually mix it up when I play regular online. Of course the team I use the most are the Giants but I find it hard to find games seeing that I like experimenting with the higher difficulties when I do end up there. In result I just play DD since that's where everyone seems to play the most

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »