Home

PlayStation 5

This is a discussion on PlayStation 5 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2021, 05:11 PM   #801
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: PlayStation 5

With Wolverine it will also be interesting to see how they thread the needle with regards to violence, blood, etc.

Figure it is going to play more like Batman Arkham Asylum than Spider-Man given the differences in mobility, fighting styles, etc. Guessing we don't see anything else for 4-6 months on that though.

Wonder what the supporting cast will look like in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2021, 05:28 PM   #802
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Underwhelming and Disappointed....

• New PS+ offerings - Nothing! Zero! Disappointing
  • Naughty Dog - Their MP game, and news of a new game? A remaster of 4 and Legacy? Disappointing.
  • Santa Monica - God of War
  • Polyphony Digital - GT
  • Guerrilla - Nothing new
  • Insomniac - The Show's highlight
  • London Studios - New game announcement? Nothing! Disappointed
  • Sucker Punch - New game announcement? Nothing! Disappointed
  • bend Studios - New game announcement? Nothing! Disappointed
  • Media Molecule - News for "Dreams" future in PS5 world - Nothing! Disappointed
  • Housemarque - Returnal update? New game announcement? Nothing! Disappointed
  • San Diego Studios - MLB VR announcement Yeah I know but still!
  • Abandoned - Enough of the nonsense and tell us what it is. Nothing! Disappointed
  • Haven Studio - Jade Raymond's PS5 exclusive announced earlier this year Nothing! Disappointed
  • FromSoftware Inc - Bloodborne 2? Nothing! Disappointed
  • Someone to take "The Order" IP license and give us Act 2. Yeah I know but still!
  • Sledgehammer Games - Call of Duty: Vanguard (Don't care but we'll see plenty of it)
    Old 09-09-2021, 05:34 PM   #803
    MVP

mestevo's Arena

Not sure I read your list prior, but someone taking The Order and doing good things with it would be nice. Biggest issue with that game was length and a number of shot-sighted design decisions ('here are neat guns you only get to use once', instant-fail sneaking missions, missed opportunities for challenge modes, leaderboards, etc). Otherwise so much potential for the IP, post-release content and sequels... and then nothing.

So Spider-Man 2 is being done by the Spider-Man 1 team. The Miles team is doing Wolverine.

Last edited by mestevo; 09-09-2021 at 05:39 PM.
    Old 09-09-2021, 05:38 PM   #804
    MVP

Picci's Arena

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mestevo
    Not sure I read your list prior, but someone taking The Order and doing good things with it would be nice. Biggest issue with that game was length and a number of shot-sighted design decisions ('here are neat guns you only get to use once', instant-fail sneaking missions, missed opportunities for challenge modes, leaderboards, etc). Otherwise so much potential for the IP, post-release content and sequels... and then nothing.

So Spider-Man 2 is being done by the Spider-Man 1 team. The Miles team is doing Wolverine.

And thus far I'm reading PS5 only with no mention of the PS4 for the Insomniac projects.

Last edited by Picci; 09-09-2021 at 05:41 PM.
    Old 09-09-2021, 05:43 PM   #805
    MVP

mestevo's Arena

Oh yeah for sure. I think Sony wants to exit this cross-gen quagmire they're in as quickly as they can. Can't assume any of these that are 12+ months out will be on PS4.

Could drive some PS Now subs though if they added a few PS5 games to that service, making them playable on PS4 in a roundabout way.

When are you expecting PSVR2 stuff?
    Advertisements - Register to remove
    Old 09-09-2021, 05:55 PM   #806
    All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
    Overall underwhelming for me up until Wolverine and Spider-Man 2, and they are probably 12-18+ months away?

Some of these others don't hit home for me because I have such a backlog to get to (like God of War) so follow-ups or additions aren't as exciting to me yet. Additionally most of the first half of the presentation are also on PC which is my preferred ecosystem to invest in, all things considered.

I will say that GTA was kinda flat, there was nothing obviously 'enhanced' to me except maybe an explosion... especially compared to the trailers it was surrounded by. It's an amazing game in one of the best environments ever constructed for a game, but it's showing it's age.
    Yes it was not that good in till the last like 10 minutes or so and yes those 2 games are far off but 2022 with Horizon forbidden west, GT7 and GOW is basically set nicely. So its not really a issue to have a tease of what will be after that and this is like what these 2 games give us.
    Old 09-09-2021, 06:03 PM   #807
    MVP

Picci's Arena

Quote:

When are you expecting PSVR2 stuff?
    I believe they want to release this for next holiday season (2022) so we should see something early next year about launch information, its look, and its price. I was hoping to see the headset before the end of the year but the world changed and everything seems delayed. The specs are in however and it's going to be a beast.

Last edited by Picci; 09-09-2021 at 06:06 PM.
    Old 09-09-2021, 07:31 PM   #808
    MVP

OVR: 0

8/10 for me.

Insomniac is by far Sony's best and most efficient studio. Spider Man 2 was a given because it's too popular right now and the movie releases in 3 months. Wolverine was a surprise and im very happy!!! Can't wait to slice and dice!!

Forspoken looks great. Project Eve looks like Devil May Cry and Bayonetta had a child (lol) but looks good and im interested.

Star Wars KOTOR Remake is a shocked as that's been heavily rumored to be an Xbox exclusive due to the original being on the original Xbox. Have to see gameplay/combat system but im interested.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »