Home

Will there be any other opportunities for us working people to preorder a PS5?

This is a discussion on Will there be any other opportunities for us working people to preorder a PS5? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-31-2020, 08:48 AM   #9
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Will there be any other opportunities for us working people to preorder a PS5?

I was at Best Buy a week ago and a sales rep told me, no consoles on release date in store. I had to scheduled a pick up time on release date just to get my preorder. I also stood in line a walmart for hours for the 360. I thought that was crazy.

I don't know if things will ever be normal again when it comes to pre ordering things. I'm still looking to pre ordering a Series X, but will just wait until stock is in.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 11-01-2020, 01:14 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Will there be any other opportunities for us working people to preorder a PS5?

Well damn, so far not very reassuring lol. Guess I'm gonna go up to Walmart and talk to them and see what their situation is for PS5. Maybe they recently started preorders cuz I was completely unaware they did them. I may just do what I've been trying to avoid, just overpay from someone trying to flip them. Its either that or wait til at least April to buy one and even then itll probably be a crapshoot. I dont have enough free time, nor do I have freedom from my job to take days off standing in line for one, plus I would probably spend less money than missing work just paying double for a PS5. Sad I know but it is what it is
Old 11-01-2020, 09:45 AM   #11
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

That's a tough spot to be in. I wouldn't over pay too much for one unless you just had to have it. I don't know what's worse, going through launch not having one, or seeing them in stock one day knowing you paid $1,000 for one.

Whatever you decide man, good luck.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2020, 09:08 PM   #12
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm willing to be patient and wait
Old 11-07-2020, 05:25 PM   #13
Rookie

I heard that none of the big stores(Best Buy, Walmart, Target, etc) will be allowing purchases of consoles in store on release day, but would be selling some online, of course in limited quantities, so who knows, maybe a few of us can luck out and buy one online if you happen to catch that small window of opportunity. Unfortunately I'm stuck at home for 9 more days from COVID-19 so maybe it's a blessing in disguise and I might luck out and be able to buy one online since I'll just be sitting at home and I can keep refreshing the screen every few seconds. Sounds pretty sad and desperate, but then again so am I right now lol. Cant go to work, cant go anywhere, so what else is there to do right now anyways ??
Old 11-07-2020, 06:00 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideRoll0929
I heard that none of the big stores(Best Buy, Walmart, Target, etc) will be allowing purchases of consoles in store on release day, but would be selling some online, of course in limited quantities, so who knows, maybe a few of us can luck out and buy one online if you happen to catch that small window of opportunity. Unfortunately I'm stuck at home for 9 more days from COVID-19 so maybe it's a blessing in disguise and I might luck out and be able to buy one online since I'll just be sitting at home and I can keep refreshing the screen every few seconds. Sounds pretty sad and desperate, but then again so am I right now lol. Cant go to work, cant go anywhere, so what else is there to do right now anyways ??

I was able to squeeze out some information from my local Target employee and they have consoles in stock. He told me they roughly 12 digital and disk. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2020, 06:05 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightwhite24
I was able to squeeze out some information from my local Target employee and they have consoles in stock. He told me they roughly 12 digital and disk. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He said you have to shop online though, right, as far as not being able to purchase in store?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2020, 06:06 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideRoll0929
He said you have to shop online though, right, as far as not being able to purchase in store?

Buy it online and pick up in store when they open. Must have ID for pickup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »