Home

Nintendo Switch Discussion

This is a discussion on Nintendo Switch Discussion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-20-2016, 01:00 PM   #25
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
Nintendo Switch Announced, Scheduled to Release March 2017

My concerns:

* Battery Life
* Power
* Tablet - Touchscreen?
* How this would be "Portable"

If I could go into a plane, roof, or blacktop and play my Nintendo Switch, are they banking on Wi-Fi Hotspots or will there be a partnership with the major phone companies to sell you data plans (like the Vita).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2016, 02:08 PM   #26
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Nintendo Switch Announced, Scheduled to Release March 2017

I'm very excited about the Switch. I think Nintendo hit all the right notes here, now they just have to get the price right and give us some details on portable battery life, memory cards, online, etc.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:12 PM   #27
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

My favorite thing about the trailer was that I didn't see any "motion-controller, hand-waving, arms flailing" input involved.

Grew tired of the in store original wii demo after about 30 minutes of Punch Out motion control. Didn't care much for the massive battery draining wii-u gamepad per reviews. Seeing a standard semi-traditional smaller gamepad is a great thing.

Looking good. Time to make the *switch* to Nintendo, very likely.

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 10-20-2016, 02:13 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY4Life
I think that Price and 3rd Party Launch list will be the key for most. If they come through with a strong 3rd party list of games at launch and in a year or so after, people will buy it. I liked that they showed Skyrim, (despite it being an older game) and NBA 2k17. Wii U is a nice system, but their are not enough good titles and the WiiU pad screen is not the greatest.

If they can keep it at that $300 price point, it think will sell. The fact that you can take it on the go, move to the couch on a screen that looks very good in the trailer, is a dope feature.

Only Nintendo has Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Smash Bros. Anyone that grew up with these games and still love them will want to buy. And if they drop a pokemon for the system, it could help it be a game changer as well.
I agree, for the most part, here. But if Nintendo really wants it to sell to people like myself who got burnt by the Wii U they need not only Zelda, Mario and Metroid but how about other ones like F-Zero, Kid Icarus, RC Pro Am, Animal Crossing, etc?

In other words, there are a LOT more Nintendo games, both first and third party, from back in the day that they could put out to get people back. I am not sure if Zelda, Mario and the basics are enough anymore for people with a limited income, it may be enough to make it sell alright, but I mean if they really want it to be a hit then expand to a bunch of titles...how about first party (in conjunction with Tecmo) cartoon like, but updated graphics of TECMO BOWL for example?

Just some thoughts....I want to buy this but I need more reasons than its portable to because, well I never really go anywhere and that is wasted on me...

Also, a $199 or $249 price point would help...OR if they cannot do that then how about a $299 price point with several games included?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 10-20-2016 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:18 PM   #29
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

They should get the Yooka-Laylee guys to make them some exclusives.

Old 10-20-2016, 03:36 PM   #30
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
We hear this first party thing every time Nintendo launches a console. Then it doesn't play out.

We'll see. This time it's different. Nintendo won't have to support a console and handheld with software anymore, instead they will be focusing on a single unified platform.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:54 PM   #31
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
My favorite thing about the trailer was that I didn't see any "motion-controller, hand-waving, arms flailing" input involved.

Grew tired of the in store original wii demo after about 30 minutes of Punch Out motion control. Didn't care much for the massive battery draining wii-u gamepad per reviews. Seeing a standard semi-traditional smaller gamepad is a great thing.

Looking good. Time to make the *switch* to Nintendo, very likely.

Absolutely love how that looks. I also love that the screen, docking station, and controller all look premium quality vs the almost toy like aesthetics of the Wii and WiiU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2016, 03:54 PM   #32

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Day. One. Purchase.

Easily the most hyped I've been about any type of console purchase in a long time.

Obviously it won't be up to par with the Scorpio and stuff, but that's not an issue for me. I'd be interested in the actual processing power specs of the Tegra they are using, since it should be the Pascal refresh of it. It will look good enough for the third party games since XBOne/PS4 stuff isn't all that powerful and even if this drops the quality a tiny bit, it's whatever.

Hopefully they make a non-idiotic online system. I'm in it for the games though - don't personally care about the portability.

Last edited by ubernoob; 10-20-2016 at 03:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »