Home

Xbox One S Arrives in Early August, Project Scorpio Scheduled For Holiday 2017

This is a discussion on Xbox One S Arrives in Early August, Project Scorpio Scheduled For Holiday 2017 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-19-2016, 09:01 PM   #41
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Xbox One S Arrives in Early August, Project Scorpio Scheduled For Holiday 2017

Trying to tell me that I don't want one? Lol. I've wanted to pick up an x1 for the past several months. Then it leaked there would be a slim revision. So I waited. Pre-ordered the second they came up for preorder. Then to find out they're not releasing at the same time, so MS can try to screw customers out of an extra 50 or 100 bucks.

I've got a 4k TV. I wanted one. But after this ignorance, I'll probably wait for Neo and Scorpio.

I'd have bought one, then probably still have bought the Scorpio to replace it in a year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2016, 09:12 PM   #42
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Xbox One S Arrives in Early August, Project Scorpio Scheduled For Holiday 2017

In that time you'd have gotten 40+ Games with Gold titles, but if $50 is the breaking point to each his own.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:51 AM   #43
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Trying to tell me that I don't want one? Lol. I've wanted to pick up an x1 for the past several months. Then it leaked there would be a slim revision. So I waited. Pre-ordered the second they came up for preorder. Then to find out they're not releasing at the same time, so MS can try to screw customers out of an extra 50 or 100 bucks.

I've got a 4k TV. I wanted one. But after this ignorance, I'll probably wait for Neo and Scorpio.

I'd have bought one, then probably still have bought the Scorpio to replace it in a year.
The scorpio is still like 15 months or so after the 2tb s is released, so even if the 500gb s is a month later, it is still about 14 months until the scorpio. He kinda has a point if that one month is enough to make you wait over a year...don't want claim what you want or don't, but it doesn't appear like there is a whole lot of desire to get it.

Their plan on these releases got my money...I currently have 3 ones in the house. My original is in the family room (with a 5tb external), my gf's is either in the basement living area or the 4 seasons room living area, then last year I got a 2nd one to go in my gaming room/office (with a 2tb external.)

I pre-ordered the 500gb to go in the family room with the 4k tv, but once i found out it was coming later i also pre-ordered the 2tb. The 2tb will replace the gaming room one (as that is my travel one as well, fits easier into my gaems vanguard, wont need to bring the external along with it...and will come just in time so I can bring it with to PAX West!) and then the 500gb will go in the family room. Probably will sell one of them, the other will likely go into the bedroom as the gf wants a more convenient way to switch between tv/hulu/netflix, etc.

I'm a sucker for new tech :/
Old 06-20-2016, 12:00 PM   #44
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF

I am not trying to tell you what you want. I said it seems you dont really want one if you are going to get bent out of shape because a company is out to make money. I thought i explained their most logical reason for this and if the delay is a month or even just 2 and you will refuse to buy it because of that then you might not have been hot for it to start with. Just my opinion but calling MS a money grab hungry company is like saying all other companies are all about giving the customer whatever they want. MS is smart because if all 3 versions release guess which will sell less?

If you end up getting the 1tb in say end of September. You will have it for more then a year until Scorpio comes out. And am sure at that time you will be able to trade it in to gamestop who will most def have a trade in deal to get scorpio. If you really want to get it for the 4K features do not let a month deter you...You might regret it
Old 06-21-2016, 08:03 PM   #45
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

HDR10 compatible sets is what anyone should be aiming for if they want to use the Slim's capabilities with it. Sony and Samsung sets will likely all use this standard, with others (LG, Vizio) opting to go w/ Dolby Vision which requires extra hardware in both the TV and player.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/21/119...dr-color-hdr10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2016, 10:00 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 0

Hoping for a solid black 500GB slim console.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:15 AM   #47
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Im surprised they didn't release it in black, they have to right? It's not something so serious that I'd wait for it I don't think, I'll probably pick up the white one when it comes out, but if they announced it was coming out I'd definitely have to think again.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 06-22-2016, 06:22 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
Im surprised they didn't release it in black, they have to right? It's not something so serious that I'd wait for it I don't think, I'll probably pick up the white one when it comes out, but if they announced it was coming out I'd definitely have to think again.
I'm surprised that the slim wasn't black to start with. Black is usually the favorable color because it goes with everything and usually looks better. Have to wait and see if they announce a black slim.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »