Home

Thinking of getting a PSP, is it worth it?

This is a discussion on Thinking of getting a PSP, is it worth it? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-12-2007, 03:12 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Thinking of getting a PSP, is it worth it?

LOL, good job Sony it basically looks the same as the current PSP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2007, 12:59 PM   #66
Pro

Dealin Rams's Arena

OVR: 7

Has there been any talk of the price of the current PSP going down further?
Old 07-13-2007, 12:06 AM   #67
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodster
LOL, good job Sony it basically looks the same as the current PSP.
It may look somewhat similiar (trust me, the thing is significantly more slim, though), but the added features are HUGE. Battery life? Faster UMD? VIDEO OUT??? All great features to an already awesome console. Glad that Sony is going to crank up support for PSP online games, too.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:52 AM   #68
DickDalewood

OVR:

Here is my main problem with the PSP:

Almost every game on it comes in a bigger, better version on a home console.

Unless you are away from home quite a bit, or ride the train to work, would you really choose playing the PSP version of a game over its XBOX 360 or PS3 counterpart?

Old 07-13-2007, 01:21 PM   #69
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20

Question is, how it the video out going to work? Is it a hardware addition or is it going to use the USB port via a software update?
I also dont' know if I like that door. If the thing ever sticks, it appears as if it would break very easily.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:10 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 10

Any idea what the slim PSP's MSRP is gonna be? I think I'll probably consider picking one up if it's cheap. I'm glad I haven't bought a PSP yet.

And I'm guessing the slim ones are going to have the same firmware as the normal PSPs..?

Last edited by CoRruPt-; 07-13-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:49 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRruPt-
Any idea what the slim PSP's MSRP is gonna be? I think I'll probably consider picking one up if it's cheap. I'm glad I haven't bought a PSP yet.

And I'm guessing the slim ones are going to have the same firmware as the normal PSPs..?
Confirmed price is $199 comes with a game, movie, and 1GB memory stick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2007, 09:55 PM   #72
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

E3 2007: PSP Slim Close Up
We consider the new features, bundles, and pricing.

Even the most cautious among the rumor mongers were proven false when the new PSP Slim made its public debut. Almost identical in overall appearance, the new model features a relatively limited list of upgrades over the previous incarnation. The PSP Slim is lighter than the older PSP by 99-grams (a 33% reduction) and is all of 4.4-millimeters thinner (a 19% reduction.) Besides losing a bit of weight, the PSP Slim gains a TV-out capability, which is a feature rumored to have been pulled from the original model as a cost-saving gesture. Rounding out the upgrade, the PSP Slim will load games from UMDs slightly faster due to a new data caching ability. Buyers may also be tempted by a pair of new colors, Ice Silver and Ceramic White.

The new TV-out capability was demonstrated at the new model's official unveiling and the integrated feature is certainly a cleaner solution than the difficult mods and weak camera brackets owners have previously employed to get PSP action happening on the big screen. All of the PSP's capabilities, from game playing to UMD and media playback, will be accessible when the PSP is connected to a TV, though it's unknown if the system will stretch the PSP's resolution to full screen size or if its output will appear letterboxed.

The upgrades will bounce the price of the PSP Core Pack up $40 from the current $129 to $169, which will hopefully not cool the PSP's recently resurgent sales that were prompted by the drop to $129. Before the new Core Pack will become available, however, Sony will debut the PSP Slim in a pair of $199 Entertainment Packs.

On September 10th the Daxter PSP Entertainment Pack will herald the first availability of the PSP Slim. The package will include an Ice Silver PSP Slim, the Daxter game, a UMD version of Family Guy-The Freakin' Sweet Collection, and a 1GB Memory Stick PRO Duo.

Following the Daxter bundle, on October 9th the Star Wars Battlefront PSP Entertainment Pack will launch featuring a limited edition Ceramic White PSP Slim with a silkscreen of Darth Vader's iconic bust on the back. A copy of the new Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron game will also be packed in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »