Home

Thinking of getting a PSP, is it worth it?

This is a discussion on Thinking of getting a PSP, is it worth it? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-25-2007, 10:19 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Thinking of getting a PSP, is it worth it?

I bought one a little over a year ago, mainly to play MLB: The Show. For that game alone it wasn't quite worth it. I had a real hard time finding other great games for it. Most of the ones I was interested in either hard terrible load times or lacked the content of the console versions.

I did manage to find a few other games to go with The Show (Worms, Burnout Legends, and Pinball), so for me it's worth keeping now. I'd definitely read reviews of games prior to getting a PSP. If there are a few games you really want, and the reviews don't mention horrible laod times or thin content, then I'd say go for it.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:24 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodster
Where did you get those?
Ebay
Old 06-25-2007, 03:26 PM   #11
Pro

Dealin Rams's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm headed off on a month-long trip through various parts of Europe and Asia later in the summer and am looking to get a portable option to take with me. I like games for both the DS and PSP, so my question is which of these systems is more convenient for a month of backpacking. I'm thinking in terms of which system is better at taking a licking and still ticking, battery life, charging, playing in the dark, etc....stuff like that.

Any opinions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2007, 03:51 PM   #12
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

got one when it first came out, bought a few games and then moved on. I still have it, but only because I am a video game collector.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-25-2007, 05:18 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanchild
I'm headed off on a month-long trip through various parts of Europe and Asia later in the summer and am looking to get a portable option to take with me. I like games for both the DS and PSP, so my question is which of these systems is more convenient for a month of backpacking. I'm thinking in terms of which system is better at taking a licking and still ticking, battery life, charging, playing in the dark, etc....stuff like that.

Any opinions?
The DS no question. It has the best and most fun games. The screen is beautiful and the battery last 3 times as long as the PSP and it's much smaller than the PSP. In Europe and in Asia the DS rules so you should find some great games there as well.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:22 PM   #14
All Star

OVR: 25

I have one and I play it everyday. Mostly MLB The Show. The load times are mostly atrocious, but it is a slick system and the closest thing to having a console in the palm of your hand.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:31 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 15

The first 5 months I had mine I loved it Jan of 06 to May of 06 but sold it in Sept of 06 only because I needed the money and I wasnt playing it. And I only got it to play during school so it was useful and that was my last year of HS so I didnt play anymore and it was just sitting around for that whole summer. So I would say yes if you can play it on the go and its great for road trips. Im thinking about getting another one since they dropped the price and just keeping it for road trips and vacations cuz Im going on a week long cruise to Mexico then Jamacia in Aug.

My Teams
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Minnesota Vikings
NCAA FB: Nebraska Cornhuskers
NCAA BB: North Carolina Tar Heels
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2007, 11:08 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Stayed with my brother after the storm, so we both bought one in OCT 2005 and bought several games. Played a good bit of 2 player Virtual Tennis for about 2 weeks, and then he got bored with it. I played solo Virtual Tennis for about a month leading up to the XBox 360 debut and didn't play it since. My brother's stick broke on his but he still gets use out of it by playing the poker game. I got $150 store credit for mine a year ago.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »