Home

This game owns my soul.

This is a discussion on This game owns my soul. within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-24-2008, 10:56 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: This game owns my soul.

So, I probably just had my best 3 games of my life in this game. So I am the 11 seed in the NCAA Tourney and I faced IUPUI in the first round. I beat them with ease. They really had no answer for Harden. I believe he had like 28. Then the next round was against 3 Tennessee. And this is year 2 so Lofton is gone. They had led pretty much the whole way. So at halftime I had put a press on. It was fullcourt trap and I wanted to see what would happen. So there is about 5 minutes left when I felt like taking it off when they kept beating the press. But Chris Polk my starting shooting guard started picking passes off. We ended up winning by 8. I went on to play number 2 Providence and boy was this a fun game. James Harden versus Weyinmi Efejuku. Efejuku had got off to a hot start and then grew cold. Harden however started cold and warmed up. He ended up with 47+. It was some awesome 3 games the most fun ever.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:00 AM   #58
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak
Finally, after 4 years I achieved the crowing moment in this game winning the national title with Florida State. After making the dance in each of my four seasons, this one ended in jubilation. The first two years saw me being bounced in the 2nd round. Then in year three I made it to the Final 4, only to be ousted in the semifinal. With my starting five consisting of 1 Jr and 4 SR's, the depth and experience came through in year 4. Now maybe recruiting will open up a little bit.
Dude where ya been? Dynasty play hasn't been as exciting without someone to listen over the headphones to my pangs of agony after dropping yet another game to Mississippi-How-The-Hell-Do-They-Keep-Beating-Me-State.

I just got back from Panama City and I'm gonna play my NCAA First Round game tonight against Kansas. Holla if you're on.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:38 AM   #59
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Dude where ya been? Dynasty play hasn't been as exciting without someone to listen over the headphones to my pangs of agony after dropping yet another game to Mississippi-How-The-Hell-Do-They-Keep-Beating-Me-State.

I just got back from Panama City and I'm gonna play my NCAA First Round game tonight against Kansas. Holla if you're on.
Alright man, I got done with Rainbow and am on.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:13 AM   #60
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I think when you do get that team though, you are going to have even more fun then you're having now.

For me playing with(and against) players who are generated by the game is always much more fun then playing with the default "real" players.(I feel the same way in all sports games)

When I get a recruit I have hope that he plays a a certain way, but no preconceived expectation of how he should perform. When I have a team full of "my" guys I feel much more immersed in the game.

When I play against default roster teams too often I think things like, "Danny Green isn't blocking enough shots or throwing up enough ill advised 3's."

"Fake" players create their Legacy in total.
never really thought if that way but you're right....there will be times when im cursing the game cuz Zoubek has just dunked on me but I also like to be able to go into games knowing I have to stop Psycho T and Ellington
Old 03-26-2008, 05:43 PM   #61
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I think when you do get that team though, you are going to have even more fun then you're having now.

For me playing with(and against) players who are generated by the game is always much more fun then playing with the default "real" players.(I feel the same way in all sports games)

When I get a recruit I have hope that he plays a a certain way, but no preconceived expectation of how he should perform. When I have a team full of "my" guys I feel much more immersed in the game.

When I play against default roster teams too often I think things like, "Danny Green isn't blocking enough shots or throwing up enough ill advised 3's."

"Fake" players create their Legacy in total.
this is why i feel i have always been way more immersed the college games and winning eleven. with college games 20 to 25% of the players are different even in your second year of franchise. it creates its own life. by the third year it is completely separate because there is no way all the original programmed frosh/soph are going to develop the same as the real life players.

with winning eleven and ncaa mvp 06 i hardly know anything about the real teams and so i am immediately immersed without the "real life" preconceptions of how the should play.

in a lot of the pro sports games, i sometimes sim a lot of the first season because i always enjoy the 2nd and 3rd seasons more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2008, 06:20 PM   #62
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

this game is crazy man....I've seen it all first a pg from duke name hurley, now SFLA just recruited brothers!!!....these two players are from mexico plus they look alike, one is a pg and the other is a pf. both named galindo
Old 03-26-2008, 07:34 PM   #63
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

I finally did it!

I won the National Championship in Year 3 at Auburn.

My Tourney went like this...

I was an 89 overall. I beat Kansas like a red headed step child in the 8/9 Matchup by 20, then proceeded to knock off #1 seed Cal in the second round, destroyed Providence in the Sweet Sixteen, and drilled Villanova in the Elite Eight. I faced #1 seed Arizona in the Final Four and it was a 2-4 point game the whole way until my Freshman Power Forward Jonathan Keller popped a big time 3 pointer to spur a 10-0 run by Auburn in the final minute to advance to the National Championship game to face Top seed Duke for all the marbles.

FYI...my first game of the season was at Duke and I got crushed 97-71. It was a totally different story in the title game as I beat them 102-72, shooting 50% for the game, and holding Duke to 4-31 from behind the 3pt arc.

Nic Andrew, my Freshman scoring machine (PG with 91 Free Throw and 89 Three point) won Freshman of the Year, SEC Freshman of the Year, First team Freshman All American and Freshman All SEC averaging 17 points a game.

I just landed the #14 recruiting class in the nation, got both Erkan Anderson (Top 10 SF in the nation out of JUCO) AND Shawan Joseph (Mr. BBall in Georgia) and just fired up game 1 of Season 4 against South Alabama.

I have a very young squad but talented...I'm an 85 overall with only 1 senior on the roster.

On a side note...North Carolina is a 90 with NINE Sophomores and 3 Freshman on the roster.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:18 PM   #64
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

I just won the national championship also. It was my 5th year in my career legacy and I was with UConn. We were getting destroyed by texas at the beginning of the semifinal and came back. We were down by 10 in the first half of the championship against UNC and came back. We found ourselves, again, down by 10, but with 3 minutes left in the championship game and I was able to win by 4. I only had 1 senior starter, and my best starter was a Junior. I had 2 Juniors, a senior, a sophmore, and a freshman starting.
This game can really get exciting, I was pumping my fists and everyting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »