Home

Good read for fellow BIG 12 fans

This is a discussion on Good read for fellow BIG 12 fans within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-02-2014, 04:37 PM   #9
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Re: Good read for fellow BIG 12 fans

Until there's a compelling financial reason to expand, the Big XII won't be adding anyone. The biggest mistake the Big XII made was not taking Louisville to make it 11 not long ago. At that point, adding Cincy for a smooth 12 would've made sense. Financially though, Cincy or UCF do nothing but add mouths to feed.

I doubt any new teams are added into the Big XII until the future structures of college athletics are ironed out, which will take a couple of years. Given the GOR is through 2024-ish (someone correct me on the exact date), there's no way the Big XII schools feel pressure to move with record revenues/splits year after year.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:21 PM   #10
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Good read for fellow BIG 12 fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Until there's a compelling financial reason to expand, the Big XII won't be adding anyone. The biggest mistake the Big XII made was not taking Louisville to make it 11 not long ago. At that point, adding Cincy for a smooth 12 would've made sense. Financially though, Cincy or UCF do nothing but add mouths to feed.

I doubt any new teams are added into the Big XII until the future structures of college athletics are ironed out, which will take a couple of years. Given the GOR is through 2024-ish (someone correct me on the exact date), there's no way the Big XII schools feel pressure to move with record revenues/splits year after year.
Exactly.

Louisville would have been a great get but it didn't happen. I don't see the Big 12 expanding anytime soon.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »