Home

Winston tied to sexual assault.

This is a discussion on Winston tied to sexual assault. within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #25
Bearer of the curse

Pokes's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Winston tied to sexual assault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Moncrief
So it appears there are witnesseses to the sexual act that can testify that it was consensual.

One question though.. who the **** watches people having sex at a party? Are these witnesses really supposed to clear Winston of all wrongdoing in the court of public opinion? To me, it makes the entire thing look sketchier.. guys looking more guilty by the second.

Journalism at its absolutely dumbest, if you ask me. Sad thing is, most people will browse right over it and not even notice how utterly ridiculous it sounds.
Case McCoy.

NCAA: Oklahoma State Cowboys - Michigan Wolverines
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: Houston Rockets
MLB: Houston Astros
PSN: Kaiserwilson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #26
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8

http://deadspin.com/jameis-winston-i...eac-1467707410

Oh my
Old 11-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #27
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsbuck
I read about half of that earlier, didn't have time for the rest, but I'll finish it when I get a chance.

Not surprising in the least; that's the nature of college football culture in this country, especially in some areas that don't have pro sports, where college football programs are worshipped. **** goes on even at FCS and small schools.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #28
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsbuck
Wow. One of the comments at the end of the article summed up my thoughts pretty perfectly. By the end of the article, I felt bad for literally everybody involved. It's just sad that things are like that, and I'm sure it's like that at a ton of schools.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 11-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #29
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

More sensationalism from Deadspin. Nobody should be naive to not think things go on at schools with major football and/or basketball programs, but this article is another over the top piece taking advantage of the spotlight on FSU right now. Also should be noted that the author is not or has not been a professor or TA at the university. Only got his masters from the school.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #30
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

That Mecca, radical Islam, Doak analogy in the Deadspin article was just awful. If you are going to self-promote your own abilities/status as a writer, and the greater merits to society of writing and the humanities, avoid, long, awkward, eye-rolling flourishes comparing FSU football to the Kaaba.

I do think the article was quite sympathetic and balanced overall though. More an illustration of the institutional tensions existing in academia as the purveyor of a non-academic entertainment product than anything else.

We'll see what happens with Winston. It's a sad story no matter what happens. If Winston is indeed guilty of any sexual assault, or the woman lied or misrepresented the events, it's all bad.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #31
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
That Mecca, radical Islam, Doak analogy in the Deadspin article was just awful. If you are going to self-promote your own abilities/status as a writer, and the greater merits to society of writing and the humanities, avoid, long, awkward, eye-rolling flourishes comparing FSU football to the Kaaba.

I do think the article was quite sympathetic and balanced overall though. More an illustration of the institutional tensions existing in academia as the purveyor of a non-academic entertainment product than anything else.

We'll see what happens with Winston. It's a sad story no matter what happens. If Winston is indeed guilty of any sexual assault, or the woman lied or misrepresented the events, it's all bad.
Exactly this story just doesn't end good, either Winston is guilty which is a scum thing to do or he did nothing wrong and is innocent and it shows how easy it is for a girl to cry wolf and ruin someones reputation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #32
Bearer of the curse

Pokes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I stopped reading the article after I saw that. It sounds like something Thayer Evans would write.

NCAA: Oklahoma State Cowboys - Michigan Wolverines
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: Houston Rockets
MLB: Houston Astros
PSN: Kaiserwilson

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »