Home

My most demoralizing loss...

This is a discussion on My most demoralizing loss... within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-25-2002, 02:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
My most demoralizing loss...

Well, in the first year of my LSU dynasty I was 1-3 (with a victory over Texas in the opener) heading into a showdown with #1 ranked Florida at The Swamp. I did exactly what I wanted to do in this game by making it a HUGE defensive battle beings that I suck on offense. To get a picture of just how much of a defensive battle this was I finished with 170 total yards. But check this.... I held Florida to JUST 57 TOTAL YARDS in the game!! 57!!!!! With about a minute to go in the third I'm up 10-0. My QB fumbles at my own 20, they pick it up and rumble in for 7. My very next offensive play Toefield fumbles at my own 25. They score in about 5 plays to go ahead 14-10. With less than a minute left in the game I'm driving and am down to their 35. I run pass play and see my TE WIDE OPEN over the middle. I throw to him and their LB comes out of nowhere's for a game clinching INT. They kneel it to end my dream of the upset. Now I'm 1-4.
This loss wouldn't be so bad if I wouldn't have held them to just 57 yards of total offense. I totally shut down there passing game. They had a mere 2 first downs the entire game. 4 TO's absolutly killed me though, just as they've been doing all season long.
Next up is South Carolina. I badly need a victory b/c with each loss a shot at a bowl game seems further and further away.
Gosh I love this game.

Oh, BTW, I play on AA default sliders, 5 minute quarters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2002, 02:32 PM   #2
H*rt M*n! L*c*l S*p*rh*r*

bryan_05's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: My most demoralizing loss...

I've thrown 4 INTs in each of my last 2 games. lol. I know how ya feel. It's so much fun though.
Old 07-25-2002, 02:37 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: My most demoralizing loss...

I have something like 17 giveaways in 5 games and just 6 take aways!! This game is amazing.... the fun factor is incredible! Ah well, I'm off to play South Carolina. Gotta end my 4 game losing streaks against a team that's on a 4 game winning streak. lol This oughta be fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »