Home

2023 Bowl Games Discussion

This is a discussion on 2023 Bowl Games Discussion within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-09-2024, 02:23 PM   #257
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 2023 Bowl Games Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
But let’s say Michigan gets hit with some sanctions from the NCAA(not sure if they will, just throwing it out)would it still be a good situation for Moore?
No, but it depends the severity of sanctions. A bowl ban wouldn't be ideal. But I would assume that Moore would be still all for it, unless it is egregious sanctions..

I wouldn't really compare it to other situations where a coach jumped to the NFL with impending sanctions. First name I can think of is Chip Kelly. Wasn't USC facing sanctions when Carroll left.

Once you get past the sanctions, not sure there is a "better" opportunity for Moore. Michigan is the type of college job where the next step up would be the NFL. So it's a good situation, unless the sanctions are too much to overcome
Old 01-09-2024, 02:37 PM   #258
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
No, but it depends the severity of sanctions. A bowl ban wouldn't be ideal. But I would assume that Moore would be still all for it, unless it is egregious sanctions..

I wouldn't really compare it to other situations where a coach jumped to the NFL with impending sanctions. First name I can think of is Chip Kelly. Wasn't USC facing sanctions when Carroll left.

Once you get past the sanctions, not sure there is a "better" opportunity for Moore. Michigan is the type of college job where the next step up would be the NFL. So it's a good situation, unless the sanctions are too much to overcome
My thing is will he be granted a long enough leash in case they’re not back to the same level that Harbaugh has them at. I think he won’t get granted that for reasons.

And again, this is all hypothetical and I don’t think they need to get hit with any more punishment from the NCAA.
Old 01-09-2024, 02:50 PM   #259
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
My thing is will he be granted a long enough leash in case they’re not back to the same level that Harbaugh has them at. I think he won’t get granted that for reasons.

And again, this is all hypothetical and I don’t think they need to get hit with any more punishment from the NCAA.
Not discounting that. At a powerhouse school, the leash is already short as is, especially as a "unproven" commodity..But it's a situation where you have to take the opportunity if offered. Not sure his stock will be as high as it is now to get a chance at a powerhouse school. But the concern is schools like that, the expectations are championship or bust. And if you don't meet those expectations, most coaches might have to drop down to an assistant again and work their values all the way back up
Old 01-09-2024, 02:57 PM   #260
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

It's a good point on the sanctions.

The NCAA is pretty toothless these days, so I'm going under the assumption Michigan doesn't get much, if anything. And even if Michigan is docked a few scholarships, that shouldn't hurt too much in this NIL age.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »