Home

Week 3 Discussion

This is a discussion on Week 3 Discussion within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-17-2023, 01:15 PM   #217
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: Week 3 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
You think that was borderline late? If he actually played the ball he would have a chance at a pick then instead of playing thru the ball. He goes around his teammate and hits a defenseless WR. Now I completely agree with you. The refs according to the rule book. They have much room. But only a late hit. But that late looks purpose placed with intent to injury. That's why I think this has to be an after the game kind of thing. Suspend him for a game. There is just no place in football for that kind of stuff.
Sorry, the borderline hits comment was more so in reference to applying some of the comments that "a late hit resulting in an injury should be an auto ejection" since it would be so chaotic to do so universally.

The hit on Hunter was definitely late, but I don't think that it was egregiously so. I think if Hunter catches the ball with the exact same hit comes a half second later, or if there was not simply an injury then it's a none issue. Because at that point you would not have the really bad optics of a player without the ball taking a big hit, and Travis also would not have slowed his momentum which you can see him stop going all out once he realizes he can't catch it, unfortunately the defender had already started the process of his hit as this was all going on which makes it all look even worse.

The defender didn't lead with his helmet, he didn't target the head, he didn't leave his feet and he didn't continue to drive through the hit once contact was made. He did go around his teammate, because otherwise he would have tackled his own guy, but he had already started the process of going for the hit before the ball hit the ground. It was a really unfortunate result to a bang-bang play.

The video here shows the ball going past Hunter and hitting the ground around the 1 second mark, the defender already lined up for the hit at that point, then making contact before the 2 second mark, and this video is already slowed down to like half speed. I have no issues with anyone calling it late or deserving of a 15 yard penalty. I just don't agree with some of the more intense reactions to the hit.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...olorado-state/
Old 09-17-2023, 05:19 PM   #218
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
The hype for Colorado-Oregon next week is going to be off the charts. Lot of potential good games next week; OSU/ND, FSU/Clemson, but PAC 12 has 3 awesome games lined up with CU/Ore, OSU/Wash St, and UCLA/Utah. PAC 12 not going quietly into the night…

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I already told my wife I’ll be glued to the sofa with quad box on two TVs week 4. DNS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadeus
Colorado beat an average TCU team, unranked Nebraska, and unranked Colorado State, and some people are acting like they are the best team in the country lol. Ridiculous that the fans stormed the field after they beat an unranked team in the 3rd game of the season. Next thing you know, people will be saying Deion Sanders is one of the greatest coaches in the history of CFB.
Who? Who are these people that think / acting like Colorado is the best team in the country?
Old 09-17-2023, 05:38 PM   #219
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkiller5
I already told my wife I’ll be glued to the sofa with quad box on two TVs week 4. DNS.

Who? Who are these people that think / acting like Colorado is the best team in the country?
Especially when Colorado is already labeled as a 21 point underdog to Oregon. Some just don't like all the attention that Colorado is getting. Anyone who has kept up with Colorado, knows they have clear weaknesses. Both sides of trenches are weak, they can't run, LBs and intermediate passing defense is weak. Colorado will lose the next 2 games if they play like they did against Nebraska and CSU.

Last edited by illwill10; 09-17-2023 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-17-2023, 06:27 PM   #220
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

I won't sit here and say Deion is one of the best coaches ever, but he (and his hand-picked players) is a big part of the success his team finds.

His old team Jackson State gave up 77 to a not-good Texas State last night. Jackson State probably wins that game with the Sanders Family and Hunter.

Last edited by TripleCrown9; 09-17-2023 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-17-2023, 07:04 PM   #221
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
I won't sit here and say Deion is one of the best coaches ever, but he (and his hand-picked players) is a big part of the success his team finds.

His old team Jackson State gave up 77 to a not-good Texas State last night. Jackson State probably wins that game with the Sanders Family and Hunter.
I think overall it's good for the sport. It brings more eyes to the sport. No one would care about a CU-CSU matchup if not for Deion. They were on Big Noon kickoff for the first 3 weeks. Their first 5 games are going to be nationally televised. It's all apart of the plan for Coach Prime lol. He wants to be in the spotlight. He wants to show the recruits and potential transfer how much exposure they can get. They don't even need to beat Oregon and USC at this point. They just have to be competitive. The proof of concept is there. I think 8 wins a big possibility at this point. They just have to get the run game going
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2023, 09:00 PM   #222
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Just want to say I'm enjoying Bama's decline.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 09-18-2023, 12:14 AM   #223
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Just want to say I'm enjoying Bama's decline.
It is interesting to watch, that is for sure. I did enjoy watching the dynasty. I know a lot of people didn't, but as much as I love parity in sports, there is something about admiring when the top teams just fire on all cylinders and dominate, and Bama did that a lot for the last 15 years.

― Plato
Old 09-18-2023, 02:00 AM   #224
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9

how come you say Texas State isn't good? they're the other rando school that went nuts with transfers, knocked out Baylor week 1, "Take back Texas!" mantra, GJ Kinne is on the rise, sir!

Last edited by l3ulvl; 09-18-2023 at 02:02 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »