Home

Deepest College Basketball Teams in History... Talent wise maybe not production wise

This is a discussion on Deepest College Basketball Teams in History... Talent wise maybe not production wise within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-11-2021, 04:14 PM   #9
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Deepest College Basketball Teams in History... Talent wise maybe not production w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
I'd argue the 98 UNC team was even more loaded. Vince Carter, Antawn Jamison, Brendan Heywood...Ed Cota was an assist machine too.
Straight up star power; I don't know if it gets any better than '83-'84

Brad Daugherty, Sam Perkins, Kenny the Jet... and MJ, who was as dominant as any college player I have ever seen.

Joe Wolf was in the League for a decade, Dave Popson got a cup of coffee.
Old 03-11-2021, 04:18 PM   #10
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Deepest College Basketball Teams in History... Talent wise maybe not production w

This is easily the best Zags team they've had. I think they have 5 guys that will make it to the NBA. Not sure about staying power though, outside of Suggs. He's reminding me of Ray Allen.

I think they would have taken the crown last year, also.
Old 03-19-2021, 02:01 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

I don't know my non-PAC basketball all that well, so deepest team I can think of was 02-03 Arizona, had Channing Frye, Salim Stoudamire, Luke Walton, Hassan Adams, Andre Igoudala and Will Bynum (before he transferred to Georgia Tech) who all made the NBA, then Jason Gardner who was a consensus 2nd team AA and a Parade HS All-American.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2023, 01:38 AM   #12
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

1998 Arizona Wildcats With Sean Elliot Jud Buechler Sean Rooks Matt Othick Anthony Cook And MLB All Star Kenny Lofton

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 03-14-2023, 04:43 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

1996 Kentucky had 9 guys play in the NBA.

A team of recent times that I think will age well historically is 2016 Villanova. They had 6 guys play in the NBA plus Kris Jenkins.

2013 and 2015 OS NFL Pick'em Champ...somehow I won 2 in 3 years.
Old 03-15-2023, 02:21 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

those UNC rosters are insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
1998 Arizona Wildcats With Sean Elliot Jud Buechler Sean Rooks Matt Othick Anthony Cook And MLB All Star Kenny Lofton

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
that can't be the right year, I remember that team had Miles Simon, Mike Bibby, Michael Dickerson, AJ Bramlett, and I'm forgetting the other starter

the only reason I remember this is because Michigan beat them in the regular season and won the NIT and I deemed them the national champs in my personal record book

edit* Jason Terry! damn how'd I forget him

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »