Home

The Official "FBI Investigation" Thread

This is a discussion on The Official "FBI Investigation" Thread within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-29-2019, 06:26 PM   #193
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: The Official "FBI Investigation" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Kudos to this guy. He wants to ball and get paid. Go pro! Europe isn't for everyone. Especially not an 18 year old. Now he can focus on his chosen profession here in the states closer to family and friends without worrying about class or the NCAA rules.

I love collegiate sports, but I hate the NCAAs hypocrisy. The NCAA and some universities bring it on themselves. Still, my stomach turned a little watching that Ben Simmons documentary and how he made a complete mock of college. Guys like that just want to be, and should be allowed, to be pros. I still think that the spirit of amateurism can be preserved while allowing these men and women (just read about Katie Ledecky) to profit off themselves.

Williams will be able to play and train like a pro. The GLeague pay is about 30k but if an agent wants to give him 100k or a million that's cool. I'm watching this development and I hope he ends up a high pick next year if for no other reason than show that players can stay stateside and still realize their NBA dream.

Great post!

https://variety.com/2019/biz/news/nc...ls-1203387044/

Of course the NCAA wants to make sure players don't get paid for their performance - they want to keep those billions to themselves.
Old 07-25-2020, 01:32 PM   #194
Rookie

The_TanMan's Arena

OVR: 0

Interesting
Old 10-19-2021, 01:28 PM   #195
Banned

OVR: 0

To go off of what I said there, I expect Louisville to fire Pitino and Jurich if for nothing else to save themselves as repeat offenders.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »