Home

East Region Discussion

This is a discussion on East Region Discussion within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #41
Pro

Pitfighter87's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: East Region Discussion

I really dont think its right what they did to Melo and cuse.It reminds me of D.Rose at Memphis.Why not pull the player from playin until they are positive the kid is cleared to play instead of haven a situation where the team could have a season stripped or serious blow to NC status
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #42
Pro

BhamTiger's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJetsfan
This whole Fab Melo story pisses me off. From what I'm reading, it's regarding the academic issue he had a few months ago. An academic issue that he was cleared of by the NCAA and allowed to keep playing. And now 2 days before the tourney, the NCAA revisits it and says he's ineligible? This doesn't absolve Melo of being a dumb *** at all, but this just seems so strange...
That sounds familiar. Derrick Rose at Memphis, anyone? Cleared by the NCAA to play before the season, and then later declared ineligible...

EDIT: I just noticed that Pitfighter87 said the same thing. Credit, bro.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #43
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitfighter87
I really dont think its right what they did to Melo and cuse.It reminds me of D.Rose at Memphis.Why not pull the player from playin until they are positive the kid is cleared to play instead of haven a situation where the team could have a season stripped or serious blow to NC status
The NCAA didn't rule Fab ineligible. This was Syracuse University's decision from what I've read.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 03-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #44
a Coors Light in my hand

jfRED33's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't trust Syracuse. Never have. Never will.

Caught some of the Big East Tourney... Melo was hot/cold throughout. Recognized right from the get-go that would become problematic.

Scoop Jardine was almost a non-factor = felt/looked like Syracuse played better w/ him on the bench.

Brandon Triche, IMO is the best option at point... has much better game-generalship than almost anyone on that squad (besides Waiters).

I feel like the Orange will coast to the Sweet 16 off sheer talent alone, then probably be up-ended by a scrappy Vandy squad.

Time will tell.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #45

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfRED33
I don't trust Syracuse. Never have. Never will.

Caught some of the Big East Tourney... Melo was hot/cold throughout. Recognized right from the get-go that would become problematic.

Scoop Jardine was almost a non-factor = felt/looked like Syracuse played better w/ him on the bench.

Brandon Triche, IMO is the best option at point... has much better game-generalship than almost anyone on that squad (besides Waiters).

I feel like the Orange will coast to the Sweet 16 off sheer talent alone, then probably be up-ended by a scrappy Vandy squad.

Time will tell.
Wait, what the hell? lol

Scoop's been great all year. Everybody besides Waiters looked awful in the Big East Tournament. Scoop is easily the best pure PG on the team and then it's Michael Carter-Williams. Triche and Waiters are SGs.

And what is game-generalship? Like being a floor-general? Because Scoop has been the guy that's settled us down all year whenever things get hectic. Waiters is easily the worst floor general out of our guards.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #46
a Coors Light in my hand

jfRED33's Arena

OVR: 13

Yeah, I meant a floor-general. Worded incorrectly...

I know I know... my assessment may not have been 100% accurate for Syracuse's entire season (my regional coverage doesn't let me see much of them at all). Just was kinda stating what I noticed from them when I finally got too see more of them during the Big East tourney. So, that's solely what my post was based off of.

I know Jardine is talented, I've heard his name all season. Just didn't look all there during the tourney (to me), especially when Jim sat him down. I honestly thought Triche played some pretty good ball, along with Waiters.

Pretty sure they would've run over everyone in the tourney... with a little bit better defensive rebounding. Gave up a ton of 2nd-3rd chance shots. Not only that... but they should have pressed Cincy MUCH EARLIER than they did.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #47

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfRED33
Yeah, I meant a floor-general. Worded incorrectly...

I know I know... my assessment may not have been 100% accurate for Syracuse's entire season (my regional coverage doesn't let me see much of them at all). Just was kinda stating what I noticed from them when I finally got too see more of them during the Big East tourney. So, that's solely what my post was based off of.

I know Jardine is talented, I've heard his name all season. Just didn't look all there during the tourney (to me), especially when Jim sat him down. I honestly thought Triche played some pretty good ball, along with Waiters.

Pretty sure they would've run over everyone in the tourney... with a little bit better defensive rebounding. Gave up a ton of 2nd-3rd chance shots. Not only that... but they should have pressed Cincy MUCH EARLIER than they did.
Oh yeah, lol, the Big East Tournament was awful. Besides the 3 game stretch we played without Fab, that was our worst stretch of the season for sure.

Waiters isn't what he looked like in the Big East Tournament. He's not going to shoot 6/8 from 3 point range again lol. Before Fab got suspended, Waiters was shooting 51% from the floor. From the moment Fab got suspended to the end of the regular season, Waiters shot 37% from the floor. There's a reason Scoop made All Big-East 2nd team and Waiters only made 3rd. He went into jacker mode after Fab got suspended. Him and James Southerland were the two biggest PROBLEMS with our team from that moment on, with Joseph, CJ Fair, Fab, and Scoop saving us time and time again. I think there was even a stretch where Scoop made buzzer beaters in 3 or 4 straight games for us to close out the first half lol.

But yeah, I'm a student at SU and I have season tickets so I've seen literally every game they've played this year. Watching Waiters go from being our biggest strength to our biggest weakness in the blink of an eye was really downright scary as a Syracuse fan.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #48
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Freaking Southern Miss. I just needed you to win 1 game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »