Home

2012 Kentucky Invitational

This is a discussion on 2012 Kentucky Invitational within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #41
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: 2012 Kentucky Invitational

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
I NEVER said he cant coach. I just think he gets out coached alot! And especially in big games. Love how they are dorks because they were talking about Cal.
As for the foul at the end of the IU game many of his players said they never heard him tell them to foul. He had a TO left, he should have called one after the first FT UK made and made sure they foulded if they hit or missed the second one.

Listen you have got me all wrong, I dont hate Cal and dont think he is a terrible coach. He is a great recruiter, he is a great personality, but he is not a great in game coach.
I can tell you that if something happened to Crean, and UK dropped bball (lol) I would take Cal as my coach anyday at IU.
Just so you know Jake, I can't stand you. No, I'm kidding. It's a debate amongst rivals in basketball and teammates (sort of) in baseball. All is good.

I can respect your opinion and if/when Cal wins an NC, hopefully it will put some of this to rest.

By the way, I called the espn guys dorks because they are. Nothing to do with Cal/UK. I wish that channel would fail and we could have better, more specific channels like MLB network. I haven't liked the guys at espn for a long while now. At least not most of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #42
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Kentucky Head Coach John Calipari

On last play of the game: "We were fouling. We were going to foul them. We had two fouls to use. So, the whole timeout was about fouling. Marquis [Teague] tried to foul and they didn't call it. No one fouled. I'm proud of my team.

http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-b...121011aac.html
Old 03-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #43
MVP

Koolie G's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
As for the foul at the end of the IU game many of his players said they never heard him tell them to foul. He had a TO left, he should have called one after the first FT UK made and made sure they foulded if they hit or missed the second one.
I'd like to know where you are getting this info. It was plain that UK players were told to foul. They didn't. That is not the coaches fault. The same thing with being up 9 against Kansas in NC game. Memphis missed a bunch of free throws. That is not Cal's fault and doesn't make him a bad coach. If Chalmers doesn't make a heck of a shot on that 3, Memphis wins anyway and then everybody thinks Cal is a genius for winning a championship.

People don't like Cal and that is fine. They don't like UK and that is fine, but bending the facts to fit their agenda is not fine. Nobody is talking about UK not having any major NCAA violations for 25 + years. They just say Cal is dirty. Meanwhile, IU, UCONN, Syracuse, Baylor, etc. are all caught up in cheating scandals but that is totally downplayed, or not mentioned.

Cal may not be the best in-game coach in the NCAA, but he is easily top 10. I think Cal probably got out coached at the end of the Vandy game last weekend though. It happens.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:44 PM   #44
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
Just so you know Jake, I can't stand you. No, I'm kidding. It's a debate amongst rivals in basketball and teammates (sort of) in baseball. All is good.

I can respect your opinion and if/when Cal wins an NC, hopefully it will put some of this to rest.

By the way, I called the espn guys dorks because they are. Nothing to do with Cal/UK. I wish that channel would fail and we could have better, more specific channels like MLB network. I haven't liked the guys at espn for a long while now. At least not most of them.
There are a few people at ESPN who know what their talking about, most notable Chris Broussard. Owait
Old 03-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #45
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolie G
I'd like to know where you are getting this info. It was plain that UK players were told to foul. They didn't. That is not the coaches fault. The same thing with being up 9 against Kansas in NC game. Memphis missed a bunch of free throws. That is not Cal's fault and doesn't make him a bad coach. If Chalmers doesn't make a heck of a shot on that 3, Memphis wins anyway and then everybody thinks Cal is a genius for winning a championship.

People don't like Cal and that is fine. They don't like UK and that is fine, but bending the facts to fit their agenda is not fine. Nobody is talking about UK not having any major NCAA violations for 25 + years. They just say Cal is dirty. Meanwhile, IU, UCONN, Syracuse, Baylor, etc. are all caught up in cheating scandals but that is totally downplayed, or not mentioned.

Cal may not be the best in-game coach in the NCAA, but he is easily top 10. I think Cal probably got out coached at the end of the Vandy game last weekend though. It happens.
I cannot find the link now, that game was months ago. But I know for a fact that i read that some of the UK players said they never heard anyone say in the timeout to foul IU.
And to say what happened at IU with Kelvin Sampson was downplayed or not mentioned in just wrong! It is all I heard about for 2 or 3 years anytime I talked about IU basketball. You cant say with a straightface that IU's violations where down played. Their violations affected their bball program for 5 or 6 years.

As for UK having no violations for the last 25 years, I guess you forgot about the one below??? lol

http://www.theonion.com/video/kentuc...ng-bask,17041/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2012, 10:07 AM   #46
MVP

Koolie G's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

As for UK having no violations for the last 25 years, I guess you forgot about the one below??? lol

http://www.theonion.com/video/kentuc...ng-bask,17041/
My bad, just 1 major violation in the last 25 years. Obviously the NCAA is just out to get UK. Fetch, we still love you.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #47
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolie G
My bad, just 1 major violation in the last 25 years. Obviously the NCAA is just out to get UK. Fetch, we still love you.
Still cant believe you guys got that Gator away from Florida to play for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »