Home

Coaching Carousel 2010

This is a discussion on Coaching Carousel 2010 within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-17-2010, 01:45 PM   #33
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Coaching Carousel 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I would gladly take Stansbury at AU. Dude has taken Miss. State to MULTIPLE NCAA tourneys, and...if I remember correctly...at least a couple of sweet sixteens.
You could have him if I was calling the shots I promise you that my friend. I personally would love to get somebody in here like Mike Davis. That guy has done a lot with the little he has been given to work with.

Edit: Just looked it up, he's never been past the 2nd round of the dance. He plays a style of offense that is all based on how your shooters are playing that night. It makes them dangerous in that they can beat anybody on any given night, but in the same token you can lose to anybody which is what held them out of the Dance this year. Didn't they lose to Auburn this year?

Last edited by Amoo316; 03-17-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:48 PM   #34
War Eagle

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milbut
You could have him if I was calling the shots I promise you that my friend. I personally would love to get somebody in here like Mike Davis. That guy has done a lot with the little he has been given to work with.
So you don't like Stansbury, but you like Mike Davis.

I'm glad you aren't AU's AD.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:02 PM   #35
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

Quote:
So you don't like Stansbury, but you like Mike Davis.

I'm glad you aren't AU's AD.
What did Mike Davis ever do to Auburn? Other then attend Alabama as a player.

P.S. Go respond to my question in the Auburn football thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #36
War Eagle

AuburnAlumni's Arena

Quote:
What did Mike Davis ever do to Auburn? Other then attend Alabama as a player.

P.S. Go respond to my question in the Auburn football thread.
Uh....what does this have to do with Auburn?

We were talking about you thinking Stansbury, who's been to multiple NCAA tourneys, is a bad coach and yet Mike Davis, a perennial underachiever save one year at Indiana when his team caught fire, is a very good coach by your definition.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #37
K*ngs *f th* D*nc*!

PdiddyPop's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Uh....what does this have to do with Auburn?

We were talking about you thinking Stansbury, who's been to multiple NCAA tourneys, is a bad coach and yet Mike Davis, a perennial underachiever save one year at Indiana when his team caught fire, is a very good coach by your definition.
Without that fluke run to the NC Game that year Davis would be flipping burgers or bagging my groceries. No way would he still be a head coach in college basketball. Stansbury is a much better coach than Davis could ever hope to be.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:22 PM   #38
War Eagle

AuburnAlumni's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PdiddyPop
Without that fluke run to the NC Game that year Davis would be flipping burgers or bagging my groceries. No way would he still be a head coach in college basketball. Stansbury is a much better coach than Davis could ever hope to be.
This.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:48 PM   #39
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

He did take IU to the tourney 4 of the 6 years he was there, and has had 3 straight 20+ win seasons at UAB. I would rather have a guy who has shown he can coach when he has talent vs. a guy who has shown he can recruit top level talent only to lose to mediocre teams year in and year out.

Look at their run through the SEC tournament both last year and this year. Their team is loaded with talent, his system is horrible. Watch them play at UNC this weekend and you will see what I mean. Sure they may win by double digits and they may get stomped I don't really know, but you will see a lack of motion, no effort on defense and a lack of a game plan all together.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:09 PM   #40
K*ngs *f th* D*nc*!

PdiddyPop's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
He did take IU to the tourney 4 of the 6 years he was there, and has had 3 straight 20+ win seasons at UAB. I would rather have a guy who has shown he can coach when he has talent vs. a guy who has shown he can recruit top level talent only to lose to mediocre teams year in and year out.

Look at their run through the SEC tournament both last year and this year. Their team is loaded with talent, his system is horrible. Watch them play at UNC this weekend and you will see what I mean. Sure they may win by double digits and they may get stomped I don't really know, but you will see a lack of motion, no effort on defense and a lack of a game plan all together.
Stansbury has won a conference championship. Davis never had IU competing for a Big 10 title, and out of those 4 in 6 years how many years did Davis get past the 2nd rd much less the first rd? How many years did UAB do anything with those 20 win seasons in the NCAA Tournament? Miss State will hammer UNC so that won't help your argument. UNC has soft inside players and Miss State will eat them alive on the boards and Varenardo will swat shots like crazy. You say watch them play UNC this weekend, but then at the same time say they will win by double digits. Are you not contradicting your own argument by bringing up the UNC game, but saying they will probably win by double digits?

Ask IU fans how much they love Mike Davis and wish he was still coaching them.

Last edited by PdiddyPop; 03-17-2010 at 03:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »