Home

The Atlantic 10 Thread

This is a discussion on The Atlantic 10 Thread within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-11-2006, 01:54 PM   #65
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Atlantic 10 Thread

Well looks like XU might have lost Brian Thornton for the rest of his senior year. Apparently someone from LaSalle fell into his knee and he might have torn his ACL. Interestingly enough, X has played the rest of the game today with a smaller lineup that hasn't been half bad. Losing BT is a huge blow though. X is still losing with a couple of minutes to go...

EDIT: Thornton didn't tear his ACL. He has a broken ankle. I wish Carson Palmer had done the same thing rather than what actually happened.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides

Last edited by SlimKibbles; 02-11-2006 at 06:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2006, 03:10 PM   #66
Treble Complete

billmatic's Arena

OVR: 21

GW losing 33-25 to St. Joe's at halftime.

btw, Jason Williams (the Duke one) is one of the commentators for this game, I didn't even know he was calling games. Last I heard he was still trying to make a comeback earlier this season. He's pretty bad as a commentator, btw.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:30 PM   #67
Treble Complete

billmatic's Arena

lol, 20-0 run for GW after St Joe's scores the first basket of the 2nd half. Now 45-35.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:07 PM   #68
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Damn...what a game.

GW wins 64-63.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:08 PM   #69
Treble Complete

billmatic's Arena

St. Joe's comes back and takes the lead with 40 seconds left, but Pops comes right back and scores, and GW holds on to win 64-62.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:11 PM   #70
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

Glad GW hung on to that one.

Charlotte is playing Wake now....here I can listen to the Wake broadcast on one station or the Charlotte one on another.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:41 PM   #71
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

Digging this up just because....

Standings:
George Washington 12-022-1
Charlotte 9-316-9
La Salle 9-417-7
Saint Louis 8-414-10
Fordham 7-512-13
Xavier 7-616-8
Temple 7-614-10
Massachusetts 6-611-12
Rhode Island 6-612-11
Saint Joseph's 5-711-12
Dayton 5-813-14
Richmond 4-811-14
Duquesne 1-123-21
St. Bonaventure 1-127-17

Xavier shoots themselves in the foot again, Thorton's injury sends them to the NIT along with a bunch of other A10 teams. GW cruising along, no real tests left, get second place Charlotte, but it is at home on senior night, shouldn't be a contest at all. Temple is the only team with any shot at an at-large bid with a top 60 RPI and a game against Duke left. If they take care of their 3 A10 games left(they should on paper), they will be sitting top 50 RPI, 17-11 going into the A10 tounry. A trip to the finals would probably lock up a bid.

People seem to WANT to give the A10 more than one bid this year, but no team seems to want to earn it. Charlotte, La Salle & St. Louis all killed themselves with terrible OOC losses. St. Joe's has the RPI, but can't beat anybody(which is one of the many reasons I HATE the RPI!!!!). Temple still has a chance, but in all honesty should have already locked it up by now, those St. Louis and UMass losses are killing them.

More interesting may be the A10 POY chase. It would be almost impossible for a GW player to get it seeing as how unbelievable balanced they are as a team. Pinnock and Pops could both argue for it, but I don't see it happening. Steven Smith might be the frontrunner on the 3rd place team leading the league in scoring and top 3 rebounding. The two guys ahead of him in rebounds are Curtis Withers(Charlotte) and Rashaun Freeman(UMass). Withers will get some votes, he is dominating rebounds and top 10 scoring. I think Freeman will be a favorite next year, but he could make a huge case tonight playing head to head with Withers. Outplaying him would turn some heads. Brian Thorton would have been in the running if not for the injury. I just don't see him getting it missing the last 4/5 games. Mardy Collins is also in the mix for Temple. If they win their last 3 A10 games it would help his cause.

If it ended today I would say Collins wins.

Coach is easily Karl Hobbs. Defensive player is probably Collins. I don't know if newcomer is actually an award that gets handed out or just a videogame/internet writer thing, but if it is real, De'Angelo Alexander of Charlotte would win, something like 5th in scoring in the league, a transfer player. Not sure who would win freshman of the year if that is an award.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2006, 04:21 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 4

If it makes you feel better, Xavier wasn't going to get into the NCAA tourny even if Brian Thorton was healthy. That said, they had a much better chance of winning the A-10 tourny with him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »