Home

COME AND GET IT! RISE OF DA RAIDERS (NFL Head Coach 09)

This is a discussion on COME AND GET IT! RISE OF DA RAIDERS (NFL Head Coach 09) within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-02-2017, 06:48 AM   #9
Rookie

AnchiKai2's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: COME AND GET IT! RISE OF DA RAIDERS (NFL Head Coach 09)

PRESEASON GAMES COMPLETED! and not looking great

I decided to play the second preseason game manually, and sim the last 2 preseason games. Here are the results:

Game 2: Raiders @ Titans, 8/16/2008 @ 8pm
Spoiler
J. Russell ended up with a 50.0 Rating (0 TDs and 0 Ints with 35 yds passing, 40% completion). Issue here was that he kept running while there were WRs opened (10 rush for 39 yds and 1 fumble lost).
M. Lynch couldn't find any running lane as he ended up with 8 rushes for 14 yds!
Z. Miller was the active player with 3 receptions for 35 yds. Couldn't been 4 what it not for a drop on his end. D. Jackson and newly acquired FA M. Floyd each only had 1 catch. D. Jackson dropped one. B. Marshall is still non-existent with a drop and no catches at all!
On Defense side, K. Phllips and K. Morrison were more active with 7 tackles and 5 tackles respectively. C. Campbell would be my MVP for 3 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 Sack and Fumble recovery.

Titans offense were on point (V. Young, 71 yds, 1 TD, 130.7 Rating; B. Leftwich, 71 yds, 1 TD, 123.3 Rating; K. Jones and L. White each ran in for a TD; and both J. Tamme and B. Fletcher each scored a Receiving TD)
Titans D were all over our OL. 7 QBs sacks total (4 against Russell and 3 against Woodson). On the other hand we had 3 sacks (C. Hall, C. Campbell, and K. Hamlin)

Game 3: Cardinals @ Raiders, 8/23/2008 @ 8pm (Cardinals win! 28 - 14. )

J. Russell improved with 2 Tds, 1 int, 62 yds with 65.2 rating. Woodson, not too much (37.2 rating with 100 yds passing and 1 Int).
M. Lynch too improved with 12 rushes for 45 yds (4.0 avg.) no TD
M. Peterson led all receivers with 4 Rec. for 37 yds and there was a B. Marshall sighting with 2 receptions for 27 yds. D. Jackson and R. Curry both scored the TDs.
Our weakest links on OL are J. Faine and R. Gallery who each allowed a sack. X. Omon couldn't block thus allowing 2 sacks!
K. Hamlin on point with 7 tackles and 1 Int. D. Hall had the other Int with 5 tackles on top of that. And C. Hall was busy in the backfield for 3 tackles for losses and 1 sack.

Final preseason game: Raiders @ Seahawk, 8/29/2008 @9pm
Spoiler

J. Russell reverted back to suckness with a rating of 17.3, 32 yds and 2 Ints.
Beastmode showed up again with 4 rush, 67 yds, and 2 TDS!
Z. Miller led receivers with 2 catches (14 yds). Rest had 1 catch. B. Marshall disappeared again with another drop!
K. Phillips again showing up with 6 tackles, followed closed with both LBs Morrison and Howard with 5 tackles each. C. Campbell would be MVP with 2 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 Sack.

Final Note

I still have hope in J. Russell because I believe in him (and I have too much money tied to him!). So we're going to the battlefield with him under center. On the side, I'll begin to really work with Woodson as he may come in under center for this team sooner than later. I'm also concerned about B. Marshall not showing up consistently. Will have to mix up play call and move him around the line during games. I think we're good with Lynch and will see him begin to dominate the running game while our OL continue to jell together. R. Gallery will need to step up or he'll end up replaced by D. Hale (another one on my mind).
And defense will be my bread and butter once they come together too. I think I'm good on the secondary and the LBs. It's the DL that has me worried a bit as only Campbell is showing up rather than the rest of the crew. Changes may be coming on the DT positions if it doesn't get better.

That's all folks! I'll be back with the result of our first game this season, against the Denver Broncos!!! I'll also finalized our 52 man roster and share that with you all!

GO RAIDERS!!
Old 12-23-2017, 07:34 AM   #10
Rookie

AnchiKai2's Arena

OVR: 3

LET THE SEASON BEGIN!
WEEK 1: BRONCOS @ RAIDERS

The atmosphere was great. Fans were excited. I was excited to see if we can start strong.

We didn't

2nd pass attempt by Russel = interception. Luckily we held them from scoring.
Next drive we are moving and moving. Finally near the goal line, we give the rock to Lynch. #butterfingermode
Fumble and Broncos recover.

Overall our offense struggled but defense showed some light.
Our first score came in the 2nd with a fumble for 74 yards returned for a TD by Kenny Phillips. WOO HOO!... 2 minutes later, Javon Walker caught and ran away from our defense for 74 yards for their first TD of the game. Fun while it lasted.

We follow that with a field goal by Janikowski. Cutler and his squad would return the call by hitting J. Walker for another TD.

And finally in the 4th quarter, we both scored a FG.

BRONCOS win 17-13.

Scary part of the game:

J. Russ with a 16.7 QBR (60 yards and 1 Int)
Brandon Marshall (0 reception with 1 dropped ball)
OL gave up 7 sacks! (Gross and Schuening both with 2)
No interceptions either.

Not so scary parts:
Defense have some players in the backend led with both SS Hamlin and Phillips with 16 tackles, 6 TFLs, and 3 sacks!

Some changes will have to be made. Working more with J Russ this week for the KC Chiefs. Hope to start to turn this around.

Heading into week 2, revised Depth Chart:
DA RAIDERS! Depth Chart - 2017
Regular Offense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
WRDesean JacksonMalcolm FloydJohnnie Lee Higgins
TEZach MillerMike PetersonDustin Wilson
LTJordan GrossTorrin Tucker
LGRobert GalleryDavid HaleQasim Mitchell
CJeff FaineDanny Allan
RGRoy SchueningDavid Hale
RTMark WilsonMarcello Johnson
WRBrandon MarshallRonald Curry
QBJaMarcus RussellAndre Woodson
FBJustin GriffithOvie Mughelli
HBMarshawn LynchXavier OmonJustin FargasSamkon Gado
Base 4-2-5 Defense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
LDECalais CampbellTony BakeAndrew Hoffman
LDTTommy KellyTerdell Sands
RDTDre MooreAthya Rubin
RDEDerrick BurgessMarcus Dixon
SLBKirk MorrisonAngelo Craig
WLBThomas HowardDavid Vobora
CBNnamdi AsomughaFabian WashingtonStanford Routt
SSKen Hamlin
FSMichael HuffJosh BarretJamie Silva
SSKenny Phillips
CBDeangelo HallDemario Minter
Special Teams
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
KSebastian Janikowski
PAlex Serna
Old 03-12-2021, 11:50 PM   #11
Rookie

TheButter's Arena

OVR: 0

You play HC09 anymore? We would love these on our reddit sub. We've got 700 members in just a few months, here's a link to join if you'd like.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NFLHeadCoac...m_source=share

CPU teams stole your successful plays in your playbook and added them to their playbooks. That feature met with college playbooks from incoming college coaches and user created plays birthed a new meta evolution for playcallers across the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »