Home

One more last one: The Cleveland Browns

This is a discussion on One more last one: The Cleveland Browns within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-03-2015, 12:50 AM   #9
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: One more last one: The Cleveland Browns

nfl-preseason-football-schedule-tv-2.jpg

CLEVELAND BROWNS PRESEASON RECAP

Short and sweet - we went 2-2 in the Preseason. We sandwiched losses to the Giants and Lions between victories over the Jets and Bears. The preseason didn't really have any standout players, as we had our core set and just shuttled in and out pieces. A few notes:

• Depsite throwing for 3 TDs vs 2 INTs; QB DJ Shockley was let go as we decided to only carry 2 QBs. Josh Cribbs will fill in as a 3rd if we need him; and then we can look at signing someone after that if necessary.
  • Dan Orlovsky was brought in to be the #2 by the GM; but he did absolutely nothing in 4 preseason games and was let go. We grabbed former first round pick Patrick Ramsey. Patrick wants to start somewhere, but any job is better than no job. David Carr is backing up Cutler in Denver now.
  • D'Qwell Jackson is making a case to be the lead MLB over Andra Davis. Andra was hurt twice in the preseason; his second will cost him 3-7 weeks as he bruised his hip in the last preseason game. Since the 3-4 starts 2 MLBs, D'Qwell is essentially a starter, but he's making his case to be the lead dog now.
  • Travis Wilson was given every opportunity to start opposite Braylon Edwards, as veteran Joe Jurevicius is more able to help us as the 3rd wideout. He wasn't able to do much, and Arrington is a rookie and raw, so we traded our 2009 6th rounder to the Patriots for WR Chad Jackson. Chad was a talented 2nd rounder who tore his ACL last season, but Coach Weis was given an honest assessment by his old boss, Ophamer; and feels confident Chad is back where he was before the injury - the speed and explosiveness are still there. Now, to see if his mind is there.
  • Veteran LG Qasim Mitchell was beat out by undrafted rookie Adam Kraus. Adam was about to get cut, but in the last preseason game Qasim gave up 4 sacks, and it's just not worth it to pay veteran money to a guy who's just going through the motions.
  • Derek Anderson, traded to the Bears during the draft, threw 2 picks against his old team, whereas Quinn threw three. However, the Browns won the game, so I suppose it's ok. Both sides said there was zero animosity though, as Derek knew Quinn was the future and he played himself into a great place for his career. Remember the Bears were in the Super Bowl at the end of 2006 and still have a lot of pieces in place for another run.

Up next - the final depth chart and the 2008 season gets underway when the Dallas Cowboys come to Cleveland! (tough test to start the season against a 13-3 powerhouse like Dallas!)

Old 09-03-2015, 05:12 AM   #10
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

week 1 vs dallas.jpg

WEEK ONE: CLEVELAND BROWNS VS. DALLAS COWBOYS

Dallas Cowboys at Cleveland Browns
Sep 7, 20081ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Dallas Cowboys (0-0)00707
Cleveland Browns (0-0)211071452
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGDALCLE
10:52(DAL) Romo pass to Witten 18 yds (Serna PAT)70
8:35(DAL) Romo pass to Hurd 25 yds (Serna PAT)140
2:56(DAL) Mendenhall 4 yd run (Serna PAT)210
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGDALCLE
9:27(DAL) Serna 35 yd field goal240
1:05(DAL) Anthony Spencer 66 yd fumble return (Serna PAT)310
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGDALCLE
6:28(CLE) Lewis 13 yd run (Dawson PAT)317
3:50(DAL) Mendenhall 1 yd run (Serna PAT)387
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGDALCLE
12:31(DAL) Forte 10 yd run (Serna PAT)457
3:38(DAL) Glover 82 yd int return (Serna PAT)527
Dallas Cowboys
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Tony Romo17/2625420
Brad Johnson2/32901
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Rashad Mendenhall1482
Matt Forte1024
Tony Romo323
Brad Johnson2-4
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Terrell Owens778
Jason Witten387
Sam Hurd242
James Hardy230
Marcus Pollard229
Patrick Crayton211
Terry Glenn16
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
DeMarcus Ware8-6300
Jason Hatcher1-1100
Karrin Glover0-0011
Anthony Spencer4-2001
Jarrod Page1-1010
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Alexis Serna1/17/71035
Cleveland Browns
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Brady Quinn10/2311602
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Jamal Lewis1877
Peyton Hillis634
Eric Shelton3-3
Brady Quinn311
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Lawrence Vickers233
Braylon Edwards216
Chad Jackson120
Justin Forsett115
Joe Jurevicius113
Kellen Winslow18
Anthony Fasano16
Jamal Lewis15
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Leon Williams12-1000
Robaire Smith3-1100
Dominique Cromartie6-0010
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Phil Dawson0/01/11-

{This was one of those ultra-frustating games to play. Nothing worked for us, even sure-handed Jurevicius dropped passes with no one around him. Dallas did what it wanted at will, they're guys always got tackled forward for extra yardage, while mine were constantly pushed backwards. We had 2 guys leave the game for injury and 5...FIVE people bumped out for anywhere from 1-4 or 2-5 plays each for things like dehydration and cramps and crap. Finally, on our first possession, down 7-0, with a 4th and 3 on our own 27 I get a "defining moment to go for it. Are you serious? I didn't, and lost 5 approval. What can I say - it was just one of those games you aren't destined to win. It happens, I'm over it. LOL!)

Week one is in the books and Cleveland got handed its worst opening day defeat since returning to the league; besting a 43-0 demolishing they got back in 1999 at the hands of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

It was a rough day all around - both the offense and defense are to blame for this. There were two interceptions by Quinn, and a lost fumble by Eric Shelton that all killed drives. Also, Joe Jurevicius dropped 3 passes, and Travis Wilson dropped another. There were very few bright spots, although Jamal Lewis and rookie running back Peyton Hillis both ran pretty well.

Defensively, Dominique Cromartie is as advertised as he was able to pick off a Brad Johnson pass to at least give some of the few remaining fans in the stands something to cheer about. Despite all the bumps and bruises, we at least came out of the game healthy.

Personnel Notes: Dallas drafted three running backs: Rashad Mendenhall, Matt Forte,and Steve Slaton. They are the only 3 backs on the roster.
other Dallas rookies:
  • James Hardy - WR4
  • Phillip Merling - RE1 (injured, DNP)
  • Red Bryant - DT1
  • Kroy Bierman - LOLB2
  • Alexis Serna - K

It doesn't get any easier, as next week the Pittsburgh Steelers come to town. Pittsburgh won their season opener, scoring 17 points in the 4th quarter to rally past the Houston Texans.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:55 AM   #11
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

sportscenter_logo.jpg

Weekly Shout Outs!

One player earned two shout-outs this week!

Terrell Owens, WR, Dallas Cowboys, has passed Keenan McCardell for 8th place all-time Receptions. He also passed Steve Largent for 9th place all-time receiving yards!

Congratulations T.O.!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2015, 10:17 PM   #12
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

ok......... so.... anyone have this happen:

Trying to load my save, and it just stays on the loading screen forever... I can't get it to finish the load. I loaded up another franchise, no problem, but this one? Nope. I'm going to put the file on my flash and put it on the old 360 in my son's room and see. I just used it yesterday and did two games! sigh. No sense posting the update if this one's lost too. I'm thinking IF I start another one, I'll keep two saves at all times. Maybe I'll start an NCAA one too, I've seen a couple on here and always wanted to post one too... We'll see how it goes. Need to figure out if this one's lost or not. Hope to see some more dynasties on here one day! There has to be more than a couple of us left! LOL!
Old 10-12-2015, 11:11 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurabolt127
ok......... so.... anyone have this happen:

Trying to load my save, and it just stays on the loading screen forever... I can't get it to finish the load. I loaded up another franchise, no problem, but this one? Nope. I'm going to put the file on my flash and put it on the old 360 in my son's room and see. I just used it yesterday and did two games! sigh. No sense posting the update if this one's lost too. I'm thinking IF I start another one, I'll keep two saves at all times. Maybe I'll start an NCAA one too, I've seen a couple on here and always wanted to post one too... We'll see how it goes. Need to figure out if this one's lost or not. Hope to see some more dynasties on here one day! There has to be more than a couple of us left! LOL!
When this happens, and it has happened with me-it usually means one of two things. Either your game system is on the way out, and it can no longer load games, or it's your copy of HC and you'll need to buy a new copy to replace it. If it's just HC, buy a new copy. If it's your game system, buy a new one when you have the money.

Your disc might be unscratched with the other franchise and that's why you can load it, but the other one might have some damage of some sort and that's why you can't load it.

For now, I'll put Milkman on the active dynasty list-even if it's been over a year since that dynasty updated.

Last edited by Mike3207; 10-12-2015 at 12:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »