Home

Making a Mark: The Coaching Dynasty of Munroe Washington (NCAA FB 14)

This is a discussion on Making a Mark: The Coaching Dynasty of Munroe Washington (NCAA FB 14) within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-08-2014, 11:46 PM   #9
Rookie

tsallen89's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Making a Mark: The Coaching Dynasty of Munroe Washington (NCAA FB 14)

Johnson Returns From Injury, Runs Over UAB

Old Dominion Monarchs at UAB Blazers
Oct 5, 20141ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Old Dominion Monarchs (4-2)1063726
UAB Blazers030710
Old Dominion Monarchs
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Gerard Johnson271274.71
UAB Blazers

PLAYER OF THE GAME: RB Gerard Johnson 27car 127yds 4.7avg 1TD

In his first game back from injury, Old Dominion RB Gerard Johnson ran all over the UAB defense as ODU cruised to victory, 26-10. The game was never in doubt, as Old Dominion jumped out to a 10-point first quarter lead. From that point on the UAB Blazer Defense was fed a steady diet of clock-controlling runs. Try as they might, UAB simply couldn't close the gap, eventually falling to the Monarchs by 16.

After the game, Gerard Johnson took the podium to discuss his team's effort. "This is what a complete team game looks like. I am so glad that coach Washington (ODU Offensive Coordinator) trusted me enough to let me take the lead today. My leg feels great and I am excited to keep putting in the work as we continue aiming for our goals."

Next week, the Monarchs host the Golden Panthers of
Florida International University

K.C. CHIEFS

K.C. ROYALS

Check out my dynasty:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...g-dynasty.html

Last edited by tsallen89; 12-09-2014 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:56 PM   #10
Rookie

tsallen89's Arena

Heinicke Helps Hold Off FIU

Florida International Golden Panthers at Old Dominion Monarchs
Oct 26, 20141ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Florida International Golden Panthers7071024
Old Dominion Monarchs (5-2)777627
Florida International Golden Panthers
Old Dominion Monarchs
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Taylor Heinicke9/20161

PLAYER OF THE GAME: QB Taylor Heinicke 9-20pass 161yds

Old Dominion did just enough to keep the Florida International Golden Panthers from completing their comeback bid. After going up 27-14 early in the 4th quarter, the ODU Monarchs had to withstand a furious comeback attempt from FIU.

Once again, Old Dominion Quarterback Taylor Heinicke helped the Monarch offense achieve victory. He finished the day with 9 completions for 161 passing yards. Offensive Coordinator Munroe Washington's gameplan kept the FIU defense guessing. The balanced attack had no single rusher under 50 yards and Heinicke completed passes to 6 different receivers.

The Old Dominion "bend-but-don't-break" defense was able to protect the Monarch lead yet again. Next week the D will face it toughest test yet as the Monarchs travel to Ruston, Louisiana to take on the high powered Louisiana Tech offense led by QB Cody Sokol.

K.C. CHIEFS

K.C. ROYALS

Last edited by tsallen89; 12-09-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:01 AM   #11
Rookie

tsallen89's Arena

ONCE PROMISING POSTSEASON
HOPES DWINDLING

Old Dominion's 3 Game losing streak has dampened their postseason hopes.

LaTech's Air Raid Too Much for Old Dominion D
Old Dominion Monarchs at Louisiana Tech Bulldogs
Nov 2, 20141ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Old Dominion Monarchs (5-3)1400721
Louisiana Tech Bulldogs7147331
Old Dominion Monarchs
Louisiana Tech Bulldogs
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Cody Sokol20/45266

PLAYER OF THE GAME: QB Cody Sokol 20-45pass 266yds

RICE RUNS RAMPANT ON OLD DOMINION
Old Dominion Monarchs at Rice Owls
Nov 9, 20141ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Old Dominion Monarchs (5-4)707721
Rice Owls71414035
Old Dominion Monarchs
Rice Owls
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Darick Dillard161036.42

PLAYER OF THE GAME: RB Darick Dillard 16car 103yds 6.4avg 2TD

SHOWERS SHINES AS UTEP RAINS
ON ODU HOMECOMING

UTEP Miners at Old Dominion Monarchs
Nov 23, 20141ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
UTEP Miners7331528
Old Dominion Monarchs (5-5)1400721
UTEP Miners
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Jameill Showers22/392572
Old Dominion Monarchs

PLAYER OF THE GAME: QB Jameill Showers 22-39passing 2TD

In just three short weeks, Old Dominion has gone from the penthouse to the outhouse. After rising to a 5-2 record, the Monarchs have fallen on hard times. Has Head Coach Bobby Wilder lost his touch? Sources both inside and outside the program have pointed to rising concerns that this once promising season is slipping away. A bowl bid that looked like a sure thing less than one month ago is now very much in doubt.

The problem with Old Dominion is not on the offensive side of the ball. In fact, Offensive Coordinator Munroe Washington's unit has been the lone bright spot in the recent litany of defeats. Despite losing do-everything Runningback Gerard Johnson to yet another injury; the ODU offense has kept on rolling. Rumors have been circulating that a rift has developed between ODU Headcoach Bobby Wilder and his 25-yr. old offensive coordinator- Munroe Washington.

It is rumored that Washington's young age and tight relationships with the athletes he closely resembles in age. These allegations are further confounded by the absolutely astounding decision by Wilder to keep Munroe Washington off the recruiting trail. When asked about this decision, Wilder has repeatedly told reports that he simply wants Washington to focus solely on coaching the offense.

Only time will tell, but as for now all eyes are on next week's pivotal game. The Monarchs will be hosting the Florida Atlantic University Owls in a game that appears quite winnable.

K.C. CHIEFS

K.C. ROYALS

Last edited by tsallen89; 12-09-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 12:19 AM   #12
Rookie

tsallen89's Arena

CAM CARRIES THE LOAD:

FB/RB Cam Boyd Fills in for injured starter, ODU back on track

Florida Atlantic Owls at Old Dominion Monarchs
Nov 30, 20141ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Florida Atlantic Owls7140021
Old Dominion Monarchs (6-5)0714728
Florida Atlantic Owls
Old Dominion Monarchs
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Cam Boyd321474.53

PLAYER OF THE GAME: FB/RB Cam Boyd 32car 147yds 4.5avg 3TD

Despite standing a less than statuesque 5'6" and weighing a mere 171lbs, Senior Cam Boyd has become a do everything back for the Old Dominion Monarchs. After serving as the main blocking back for most of the year, Boyd was thrust into the starting Runningback role due to the injury of Gerard Johnson.

In his first start for the Monarchs, Boyd did anything but disappoint. He averaged 4.5 yards per carry on 32 attempts and scored 3 Touchdowns to account for every second half point scored.

After seeing FAU to jump out to a 21-0 lead midway through the 2nd quarter; the Old Dominion supporters started fearing that ODU's losing streak would grow to 4 games.

With the game, and quite frankly their season on the line, Cam Boyd and the Old Dominion offense came alive. The Monarchs accounted for the game's final 28 points: scoring 7 in the final minute of the 1st half followed by Boyd's 21 in the second half.

Now sitting at 6-5 on the season, Old Dominion needs one more FBS level win to qualify for a postseason birth. They travel to Bowling Green, Kentucky to face off with the Hilltoppers of WKU.

Leading Old Dominion to a bowl in their first year of bowl eligibility is sure to get head coach Bobby Wilder (and all of his staff) noticed by other teams as the coaching carousel starts ramping up. Wilder, who has served as Headcoach of the Monarchs since their rebirth as an FCS institution in 2009 through their transition to the FBS would not comment on anything other than the upcoming game with Western Kentucky.

He told reports, "Listen, I am the Headcoach of the Old Dominion University Monarchs. Right now Myself and my staff are trying to do something that's yet to be done in ODU history - make a bowl game. I know that every member of our staff is talented and that when anyone gets looked at that's a compliment to what we are doing here. I have total confidence that right now everyone is focused solely on our trip to Western Kentucky."

K.C. CHIEFS

K.C. ROYALS

Last edited by tsallen89; 12-09-2014 at 11:52 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:23 AM   #13
Rookie

tsallen89's Arena

BOYD'S BIG DAY BRINGS BOWL ELIGIBILITY

Do-Everything back Cam Boyd scores 3 TDs,
Old Dominion Bowl Eligible

Old Dominion Monarchs at Western Kentucky Hilltoppers
Dec 7, 20141ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Old Dominion Monarchs (7-5)7701428
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers007310
Old Dominion Monarchs
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Cam Boyd135243
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers

PLAYER OF THE GAME: FB/RB Cam Boyd 13car 52yds 4avg 3TD

Once again Cam Boyd came up big while filling in as the Monarch's starting Runningback. His 3 Touchdown performance paved the way for Old Dominion's 28-10 victory over Western Kentucky.

Western Kentucky was able to make the game interesting, getting within 4 points at the beginning of the final quarter, 10-14. The ODU commitment to the run paid off as the Monarchs were able to put the game away thanks to 2 fourth quarter touchdowns from Cam Boyd.

The seventh win of the season for Old Dominion is a historic one. The Monarchs are now bowl eligible for the first time in school history. ODU was able to gain the postseason opportunity in their first year of being eligible for an extra game.

An announcement of the team's bowl destination will take place at the ODU football complex on Monday at 8:00PM. Fans are invited to attend this (hopefully) annual event.

K.C. CHIEFS

K.C. ROYALS

Last edited by tsallen89; 12-10-2014 at 12:20 AM.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:35 AM   #14
Rookie

tsallen89's Arena

4th Quarter Melt-Down Dooms Old Dominion

ODU still proud of 1st Bowl Bid

Old Dominion Monarchs at Colorado State Rams
Dec 29, 20141ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Old Dominion Monarchs (7-6)00707
Colorado State Rams (9-4)01002131
Old Dominion Monarchs
Colorado State Rams
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Garrett Grayson17/313153

PLAYER OF THE GAME: QB Garrett Grayson 17-31passing 315yds 3TD

The Armed Forces Bowl in Waco, TX hosted the Old Dominion Monarchs and the Colorado State Rams. After a tightly contested first three quarters, CSU was able to blow the game open in the 4th. Rams Quarterback Garrett Grayson led 3 straight scoring drives to put the game out of reach as Colorado State won 31-7.

While the outcome of Old Dominion's first bowl game in Program history didn't end in victory; the team has plenty to celebrate after a successful season. Monarch Runningback Gerard Johnson became the first ODU player to surpass 1000 yards rushing on the season. Johnson set the new ODU single season rushing record by gaining 1229 yards for the year.

After hitting a rough patch and losing 3 straight in the middle of the year, Head Coach Bobby Wilder was able to get the team back on track and finished the regular season with back-to-back wins.1st year offensive coordinator Munroe Washington brought a new dimension to the Monarch attack.

With the offseason approaching, the coaching carousel is ramping up. The next few weeks will see many coaches changing addresses. Some by their own decision and others at the "request" of school boosters and athletic administrators. After ending a positive year, offers are sure to come in for both Head Coach Bobby Wilder and Offensive Coordinator Munroe Washington. Only time will tell what the future holds for Old Dominion, Wilder, and Washington...

K.C. CHIEFS

K.C. ROYALS

Last edited by tsallen89; 12-11-2014 at 12:07 AM.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:02 AM   #15
Rookie

tsallen89's Arena

=
MUNROE 2014 COACH CHANGES_Page_1.jpgMUNROE 2014 COACH CHANGES_Page_2.jpg

WASHINGTON LEAVES OLD DOMINION

After serving only 1 year as the offensive coordinator at Old Dominion University, young Munroe Washington has left for the greener pastures of...Tulsa, Oklahoma???

That's right. Citing the opportunity to coach in a more prestigious conference along with differences between himself and ODU head man Bobby Wilder, Munroe Washington has accepted the Offensive Coordinator at the University of Tulsa.

Washington was very excited about the new stop in his coaching journey. The move to Tulsa also had some personal significance for Munroe. He shared this with reporters after the news of his move broke.

"This is something that came unexpectedly, but I simply couldn't say 'no.' I'm very excited to work with the Golden Hurricane athletes. Tulsa has the opportunity to be competitive. It is in a good spot recruiting-wise and my goal is to help us get competitive with the big boys in the state-OU and Oklahoma State and in the area-Texas, K-State, Arkansas, etc," said Washington.

He also elaborated on some of the personal reasons for his departure from Old Dominion, saying, "On a personal note, I'd like to thank Bobby Wilder (ODU Head Coach). He gave me an opportunity to be a D-1 offensive coordinator at a very young age. I know we have some differing views philosophically, but he is a good man and a talented coach. Moving to Tulsa is simply something I can't pass up. Not only am I moving up in terms of level of play and conference affiliation, I'll also be closer to some of my favorite relatives. As you may or may not know, my cousin Jason Sudeikis is from Kansas City. We've always been close, in fact some people confuse us for brothers or even twins. This will be a great way for me to connect with him. And, hopefully Olivia will bring some friends to a game or two so that I can meet them..."

COMING SOON: TULSA'S 2015 SCHEDULE AND DEPTH CHART.

K.C. CHIEFS

K.C. ROYALS

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2014, 01:11 PM   #16
Rookie

tsallen89's Arena

Tulsa Golden Hurricanes 2015 Schedule
DATEOPPONENTRESULT
Aug 30at Oklahoma State Cowboys
Sep 6at Florida Atlantic Owls
Sep 13vs East Carolina Pirates *American Athletic*
Sep 20vs Oklahoma Sooners
Oct 4at University of Central Florida Knights *American Athletic*
Oct 11at NAVY *American Athletic*
Oct 18vs Tulane Green Wave*American Athletic*
Oct 25vs Temple Owls*American Athletic* %HOMECOMING%
Nov 8at Connecticut Huskies *American Athletic*
Nov 10at Houston Cougars *American Athletic*