Home

eSports Boxing Club Trailer Revealed - Boxing Simulation, Featuring Full Career Mode, Coming Soon to Xbox One, PlayStation 4 & PC

This is a discussion on eSports Boxing Club Trailer Revealed - Boxing Simulation, Featuring Full Career Mode, Coming Soon to Xbox One, PlayStation 4 & PC within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-26-2020, 02:17 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: eSports Boxing Club Trailer Revealed - Boxing Simulation, Featuring Full Career M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamtino
I don't want to sound like a dick here, considering this is the only boxing game we have on the horizon, I have to be optimistic but the lack of gameplay is troubling to me. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the graphical showcase and the graphics look good but I can't get excited for a ring and a mans face. How do I even know from that teaser that the game will be able to hold that image quality with a crowd, ref, two detailed boxers and animations on-screen?

Show me some footwork and a jab animation at least guys. I don't feel that should be difficult to piece together if you're working on a boxing game for as long as this team has. I hope the next teaser is actual gameplay. I don't care how long it takes to release the teaser, we need boxers and gameplay to build hype that isn't just "we're finally getting a boxing game". I'd rather have no boxing game than another prizefighter effort.
No indie company is going to show any gameplay early because fans are holding them to EA standards and will tear them apart. Intelligent patient fans understand alpha and betas ; but impatient fans are delusional and think making a game is an easy quick process. Social media can kill a game quickly.
(@SteelCityInt): https://twitter.com/SteelCityInt?s=09

Last edited by SHAKYR; 06-26-2020 at 02:36 AM.
Old 06-26-2020, 06:42 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: eSports Boxing Club Trailer Revealed - Boxing Simulation, Featuring Full Career M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
No indie company is going to show any gameplay early because fans are holding them to EA standards and will tear them apart. Intelligent patient fans understand alpha and betas ; but impatient fans are delusional and think making a game is an easy quick process. Social media can kill a game quickly.
I can't get too excited over a good scan of Johnny Nelson. I'll give them a pass for this scant video if this was the first time they announced an allegiance with the WBC and Ring Magazine. The game seems like a long ways off.
Old 06-26-2020, 09:53 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
I get you but I don't feel a couple of youtube idiots justifies not piecing together a gameplay clip with some footwork and a jab. Unless they haven't worked on any gameplay, there is no excuse. The number one gameplay element anyone working on a boxing game needs to start with is footwork.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not buying this game for graphics. Like I said I'm optimistic and patiently waiting for something to get me excited for this game.

Last edited by Bamtino; 06-26-2020 at 10:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2020, 10:02 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well the good thing is, nobody has to actually pay for the game now. Hopefully we'll get some actual gameplay soon. This most recent trailer was mostly to show off graphics and announce partnerships.

I'll continue be optimistic about this game because it costs nothing. Other potential boxing games haven't announced much, and with EA doubling down on UFC, this is looking like the best option so far.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2020, 11:55 AM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaChiefs
Well the good thing is, nobody has to actually pay for the game now. Hopefully we'll get some actual gameplay soon. This most recent trailer was mostly to show off graphics and announce partnerships.

I'll continue be optimistic about this game because it costs nothing. Other potential boxing games haven't announced much, and with EA doubling down on UFC, this is looking like the best option so far.

Yes, EA made it perfectly clear they weren't making a boxing videogame after turning down Eddie Hearn who was practically begging them to make a boxing videogame.

Last edited by SHAKYR; 06-26-2020 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-26-2020, 12:51 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Yes, EA made it perfectly clear they weren't making a boxing videogame after turning down Eddie Hearn who was practically begging them to make a boxing videogame.
Its shame, because with they DLC and Virtual Currency, Ultimate Team etc, has progressed since Fight Night Champion, EA could actually profit of a Boxing Game via those things.

Old 06-26-2020, 02:13 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaChiefs
Its shame, because with they DLC and Virtual Currency, Ultimate Team etc, has progressed since Fight Night Champion, EA could actually profit of a Boxing Game via those things.

I totally agree.
Old 06-26-2020, 02:39 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
So then why did Eddie allow them to sign AJ for their UFC game?

Eddie had to have a say in that even though AJ ultimately makes the call...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »