Home

Old 09-19-2017, 01:59 PM   #4001
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Boxing Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Not sure. Probably, as HBO is trying to build Joshua into a Stateside attraction.
Good. Was just making sure they were showing him on tv somewhere on this side of the pond

Sent from my SM-N920V using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 06:08 PM   #4002
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmac0322
Oh I agree. Will it be hbo?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Operation Sports mobile app

Nah. Showtime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 09-20-2017, 01:13 AM   #4003
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
It was a good fight worthy of a rematch.

Rewatch the tenth round and tell me if it wasn't generously given to Canelo as a "catchup round". He starts out like gangbusters but fades amid relentless pressure by GGG, while backpedaling and side peddling much of the round.

Morreti had scored the previous seven rounds for GGG (3-9) while Trella had six of those seven rounds for Golovkin.

how floyd went his whole career without a bogus decision is amazing in itself.....
Old 09-20-2017, 07:28 AM   #4004
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

As expected Wilder is a very small favorite over Ortiz.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:41 AM   #4005
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Almost certainly. Probably <5%. Although that stat should probably come with a qualifier: 95% of the wealth that goes to fighters goes to that 5% (or less) of boxers, but probably 95% of the total revenue from the sport likely goes to promoters, managers, various shady dealers, etc. If we knew what Haymon and those guys are making from these fights, it probably makes Floyd's take look like chump change.

It friggin' better be! As much as we look forward to that fight, no way either Joshua or Wilder have enough name recognition (let alone Ortiz) to headline a worthwhile PPV in the USA, anyway.

What about Tyson Fury? Sorry, I couldn't even get through that with a straight face...
10% to the promoter, 20% to the manager. That's why Al Haymon pays so well for his cards - those guys make great $, but it's because he controls them and thus gets a minimum of 10%. I added up a card last year and realized he made a lot of money just on the 10% from each fight - that doesn't include any other type of revune.

It's not Floyd money though, not even close.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 02:11 PM   #4006
All Star

OVR: 20

RIP to the Raging Bull, Jake LaMotta.

A turbulent life outside of the ring, but one of the toughest sons of b*tches to ever step between the ropes. Was the first to beat Sugar Ray Robinson, the greatest of all time. 'Nuff said.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:09 PM   #4007
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
RIP to the Raging Bull, Jake LaMotta.

A turbulent life outside of the ring, but one of the toughest sons of b*tches to ever step between the ropes. Was the first to beat Sugar Ray Robinson, the greatest of all time. 'Nuff said.
Yeah, Ray didn't get KOed but was beaten pretty badly in that fight.

RIP Jake.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:46 PM   #4008
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
10% to the promoter, 20% to the manager. That's why Al Haymon pays so well for his cards - those guys make great $, but it's because he controls them and thus gets a minimum of 10%. I added up a card last year and realized he made a lot of money just on the 10% from each fight - that doesn't include any other type of revune.

It's not Floyd money though, not even close.
Understood, but Haymon and his counterparts get a cut of every fight that happens within their universe, which adds up quickly. So while their take of any 1 particular fight might not be the lion's share, when you're wetting your beak on every fight that happens involving someone from your stable, in addition to other revenue streams (i.e. TV contracts, etc.), that's where the money in the sport as a whole is going...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »