Home

Old 03-29-2017, 06:44 AM   #2705
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Boxing Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
i was going to but it's hard to be interested in a fight between an elite boxer vs. someone who has not even had a professional boxing match yet. it wreaks of shenanigans. we are not buying what floyd is selling this time. an extremely easy victory to go 50-0. (albeit at $100 or more on ppv) without even watching the fight, i can tell you exactly what is going to happen. floyd will carefully outbox conor very easily and stay out of harm's way the entire fight...most likely running as well in order to secure the lopsided win. yes, conor has power, age, height, southpaw and a puncher's chance but all of that can't make up for his lack of experience in a boxing ring.
Also the fact that Conor couldn't even really outbox Nate Diaz. It is a complete joke that both fighters are doing. They really don't hate each other. It is all hype to get Floyd one more $100 mill payday and Conor more money that the Ufc won't give him under a regular fight. It's also a nice way that Conor can continue to hold on to two belts without fighting a legitimate challenger in his own sport. Dana is cool with it because he is protecting his cash cow since he only has one major ppv draw right now. And I am sure he is probably going to get half of Connor's purse. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2017, 11:00 AM   #2706
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

The good news is Ken Burns is doing a two part four hour documentary on Muhammad Ali. The bad news is it won't be released until 2021.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:11 AM   #2707
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
The good news is Ken Burns is doing a two part four hour documentary on Muhammad Ali. The bad news is it won't be released until 2021.
Damn 2021. Wow lol

Old 03-29-2017, 11:40 AM   #2708
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmac0322
Also the fact that Conor couldn't even really outbox Nate Diaz. It is a complete joke that both fighters are doing. They really don't hate each other. It is all hype to get Floyd one more $100 mill payday and Conor more money that the Ufc won't give him under a regular fight. It's also a nice way that Conor can continue to hold on to two belts without fighting a legitimate challenger in his own sport. Dana is cool with it because he is protecting his cash cow since he only has one major ppv draw right now. And I am sure he is probably going to get half of Connor's purse. Just my opinion.

to be quite honest, the pre-fight hype will be much more entertaining than the actual fight itself.....and at least that will be free. lol.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:32 PM   #2709
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
I'm surprised no one has made a mayweather vs mcgregor fight thread yet?
Why? It's not a legitimate fight. It's a carnival sideshow in which McGregor would get destroyed. He's a terrible boxer.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:50 PM   #2710
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Why? It's not a legitimate fight. It's a carnival sideshow in which McGregor would get destroyed. He's a terrible boxer.
exactly....how this mismatch can even be licensed is mind boggling. if anything, it should just be an exhibition fight or something with some of the proceeds going to a charity of each fighter's choice.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:44 PM   #2711
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
exactly....how this mismatch can even be licensed is mind boggling. if anything, it should just be an exhibition fight or something with some of the proceeds going to a charity of each fighter's choice.
That's a good idea, then Conor could go all Thunderlips and do a takedown followed by a few Hammerfists. That would be his only chance. He'd get absolutely schooled by the sweet science if he just boxes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2017, 02:18 PM   #2712
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
That's a good idea, then Conor could go all Thunderlips and do a takedown followed by a few Hammerfists. That would be his only chance. He'd get absolutely schooled by the sweet science if he just boxes.
That bit in Rocky 3 would probably be more entertaining then Floyd-Conor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »