Home

Old 12-18-2016, 01:07 AM   #2385
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Boxing Off-Topic

What an ending to the Hopkins-Smith fight. Bernard had some flashes but was basically being bullied by Smith throughout the fight. Joe was just too strong and B-Hop was just too old.

Two of the judges had Bernard down by just a point...?????????

Just my opinion but I don't think Hopkins hurt his ankle-He just didn't want anymore.

Any claim of being pushed out of the ring was disproved by the replay.

GGG-Jacobs is officially set for March 18 at Madison Square Garden, with Jacobs probably getting a tick up from a 25% share of the purse.

Last edited by JayBee74; 12-18-2016 at 01:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2016, 01:22 AM   #2386
MVP

OVR: 6

Thank god that fight is confirmed. It is going to be a good start of the year for boxing

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2016, 10:02 AM   #2387
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

To Smith's credit he didn't even question whether Hopkins hurt his ankle- "I knew he was a true champion, and if he didn't get injured, he'd be back here."
Old 12-18-2016, 10:15 AM   #2388
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
What an ending to the Hopkins-Smith fight. Bernard had some flashes but was basically being bullied by Smith throughout the fight. Joe was just too strong and B-Hop was just too old.

Two of the judges had Bernard down by just a point...?????????

Just my opinion but I don't think Hopkins hurt his ankle-He just didn't want anymore.

Any claim of being pushed out of the ring was disproved by the replay.

GGG-Jacobs is officially set for March 18 at Madison Square Garden, with Jacobs probably getting a tick up from a 25% share of the purse.
The only thing that was hurt on Hopkins was his pride. He was getting handled by a guy he hand picked.
Old 12-18-2016, 03:31 PM   #2389
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Yeah, Kirkland comes to mind, although a lot of his action came from his bouncing head -By the way, he fights Cotto in February after another long absence. Unless it's surrounded by the best undercard in boxing history I'll stay away (PPV).
it will be interesting to see what the numbers are after this one...cotto hasn't fought in forever (since canelo) and kirkland lost to canelo too. they can try to promote it as cotto's final fight, but good luck with that.
Old 12-18-2016, 03:39 PM   #2390
MVP

sheredia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
The only thing that was hurt on Hopkins was his pride. He was getting handled by a guy he hand picked.
one fight too many for hopkins.....like rock said, time beat him. time beats everyone. it's undefeated.
Old 12-18-2016, 03:46 PM   #2391
MVP

sheredia's Arena

Quote:
Do you think Joshua will get by Klitschko fairly easily? By the time they fight in April Wlad will be almost a year and a half inactive (17 months). A lot of factors contributed to his loss to Fury including degrading skills, but I also think the Clown Giant psyched him out.
not easily, but he does....he's better skilled than fury and in better shape. too long of a layoff (again) for wlad and it's time to pass the torch in the heavyweight division. i really think joshua vs. wilder can be a good ppv with the right timing and promotion. that is, assuming both stay undefeated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2016, 07:53 PM   #2392
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Fun fight. Let's hope it happens. Although Jacobs should be VERY wary if John Molina is any indication of what happens when an overprotected PBC fighter is released to swim with the sharks.
Molina is up and down and came in overweight in a fight in which he would have been outclassed if he was in supreme shape. He went to war with Matthysse and then Broner put him in his pocket.

I don't know if Jacobs is PBC-protected, but his schedule has been light with the exception of Quillin and Pirog, who destroyed him in a second. Considering Danny was also hurt by marshmallow punching Sergio Mora in their first fight, I'm not sure how long he can last against GGG.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »