Home

Will there ever be a better career mode than this game?

This is a discussion on Will there ever be a better career mode than this game? within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-09-2023, 01:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Will there ever be a better career mode than this game?

i find it amusing that a budget psp boxing game from 2005 can have a better career mode than every AAA realistic boxing or Ufc game. If a psp game from 2005 could allow boxer to change weight class based (and appearance) on training schedule & diet, there would be no way a big company like EA couldn't do the same thing with fight night. How did this game have more depth than fn & undisputed?
https://youtu.be/QWFyu9ht8_Y
There is a guide for anyone who is curious about the career mode.
https://docs.google.com/document/u/0...h.77sjwyybrs66
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2023, 04:32 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Will there ever be a better career mode than this game?

I asked this question as well a few years back as I was familiar with the PS2 version of ‘Victorious Road’. I figure a positive to the situation is that the gentleman in that YouTube post now actually works directly with the devs of Undisputed, so my logical thoughts are that he has at the least brought it to their attention. It only makes sense, seeing that he is a fan of in depth career modes.

Even if the Undisputed career mode isn’t as leagues deep as the ‘Victorious Road’ version, I’m confident that we’ll get atleast one quarter of it, which is 100% MORE than we’ve ever had in a Western world fighting game career mode. It’ll be a great start and more than enough to keep me occupied.
Old 12-11-2023, 03:57 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
I asked this question as well a few years back as I was familiar with the PS2 version of ‘Victorious Road’. I figure a positive to the situation is that the gentleman in that YouTube post now actually works directly with the devs of Undisputed, so my logical thoughts are that he has at the least brought it to their attention. It only makes sense, seeing that he is a fan of in depth career modes.

Even if the Undisputed career mode isn’t as leagues deep as the ‘Victorious Road’ version, I’m confident that we’ll get atleast one quarter of it, which is 100% MORE than we’ve ever had in a Western world fighting game career mode. It’ll be a great start and more than enough to keep me occupied.
Immerse yourself in the pulse-pounding excitement of boxing with the cinematic thrill of a blockbuster movie, as you step into the ring as an aspiring boxing .
Old 12-11-2023, 03:59 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by namdosan1409
Immerse yourself in the pulse-pounding excitement of boxing with the cinematic thrill of a blockbuster movie, as you step into the ring as an aspiring boxing .
Consider using third-party file management tools that provide advanced search features. Tools like Everything (Windows) or Alfred (macOS) can index and search files quickly.
Old 12-14-2023, 02:03 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley

For real?
If true, this is great news.
The career mode in VR2 was amazing. I recall you could even get your jaw broken, lol.

If Undisputed has even half of what VR2 brought to the table, I'll be stoked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2024, 09:36 PM   #6
Rookie

I desperately want these developers to make a modern day iteration of this. I don't care if it has all fake fighters, just give me a career mode, some random generated opponents, and all of these cool features and I pay $ happily.
iq test
Old 01-11-2024, 07:41 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 13

I dunno, ABC Wide World of Sports boxing on the 386 PC was pretty bad-a&%. You could hire promoters like a thinly-veiled Jimmy Hart or Don King, and if you timed it just right, you could catch the champ (invariably Killer Knauer or Big Jer Allnite) on his decline and knock him out for the title. Good times.
Old 01-12-2024, 12:14 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
I dunno, ABC Wide World of Sports boxing on the 386 PC was pretty bad-a&%. You could hire promoters like a thinly-veiled Jimmy Hart or Don King, and if you timed it just right, you could catch the champ (invariably Killer Knauer or Big Jer Allnite) on his decline and knock him out for the title. Good times.
Never heard of that one. About to look it up, can I still play it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »